• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf: Revenge of the Bottom Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.

GetBentSaggy

Smash Apprentice
Hi, guys.

This is my first post here, but I've been a fan of Smash Bros all my life and the game itself opened up the world of Nintendo for me with franchises I didn't even know about.

To my main point, Ganondorf needs to be fixed.

Some general bad things about Ganondorf or nerfs:
  • Just generally slow. Slow moving, slow moves, slow dodging, slow jumping.
  • Bad horizontal recovery.
  • Isn't as durable as he should be compared to his size/power.
  • His size gives him hitboxes that are even bigger than the regularly large hitboxes.
  • He only has 1 multiple-hitting move (d-smash).
  • Small jumps.
  • Slow moves (long frame animations).
  • Overall weaker than in Melee.
  • Wizard's Foot from mid-air doesn't enable another mid-air jump (recovery technique).
  • Short as f*** grab.

What are some changes you think should be made to the rock-bottom of the tiers?

Personally, I think:
  • Make him faster than Bowser, or as fast as he was in Melee.
  • Noticeably higher jumps.
  • Buff his strength and durability. He shouldn't be an easy KO at 110% while Luigi is floating around carelessly at 160%.
  • His arm should extend far outwards (like he's reaching out to choke) when he goes for a Z-grab.
  • More multiple-hitting moves. Change his Nair to be a 360 kick, perhaps. Or his Uair is the same as his ground recovery (helicopter kick, which hits both above, left and right sides of him).
  • Faster A attacks with longer reach on his 'spartan kick' and his punch/push neutral A attack.
  • Up-B recovery does more damage on contact, like in Melee, or it does slight lasting damage like the flower item.

What are your ideas or thoughts on Ganondorf?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Probably should take this to the Ganondorf thread in the vets section.

Props for not mentioning the sword.

GetBentSaggy

Smash Apprentice
Probably should take this to the Ganondorf thread in the vets section.

Props for not mentioning the sword.
Thanks. :) Yeah, a lot of people talk about the sword and how it should be used, etc. I just think that Ganondorf is (meant to be) strong enough to the point he doesn't need the sword. He's raw power and is able to have a long reach with his arms or legs. One of his biggest vices is, as shown by his animations, his arms are so close in - his grabs, his Fair (and even Bair), his punch. His elbow is bent which would take back quite a lot of distance.

His down A is really the only attack that uses his true reach.

The fact that he has the sword, but doesn't use it (unless taunting) is one of the biggest "In your face!" characteristics of any of the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom