• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf Montage - By KidRetro

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I'm too busy freaking out over that Warlock Punch with Mario Cape assist. That is the sickest read ever!

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I must put in a compliment worthy of the mighty Ganondorf's greatness, a comment so glorifying only a man of his stature would ever be able to decrypt into mortal tongue...BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! HUA HA HA HA!!!!!!

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Yeeeeah that doesn't count I hope, since its not a official thing. As it stands Smash 4 is still his sword's official samsh debut as part of a move.
Aye M8, it includes an all star cast of Nintendo characters, has them beat the pixels off one another, and is played as a social and competitive activity by a massive number within a multi-game community.. It's as official a Smash title as we want it to be man. But yeah, Sm4sh is the first time Sakurai and co decided to allow the dorf to unleash his true chivalrousness and badassery.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Aye M8, it includes an all star cast of Nintendo characters, has them beat the pixels off one another, and is played as a social and competitive activity by a massive number within a multi-game community.. It's as official a Smash title as we want it to be man. But yeah, Sm4sh is the first time Sakurai and co decided to allow the dorf to unleash his true chivalrousness and badassery.
As harsh as I had to make it sound, it is the truth I'm afraid. Far as nintendo canon goes Smash 4 will remain the first time this happened.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
I guess they thought that making bowser suicide first was the best way to balance it, the fact that it's such a hard commitment is what makes it so risky and therefore balanced with ganon, also ganon can only ganoncide offstage/extremely close to the edge against an offstage foe, bowser however can bowsercide an on stage opponent making it even less of a risk to use, not to mention the fact that it's a command grab giving the opponent less ways to avoid it, it also auto cancels on landing regardless of how close it is used to the stage. why they couldn't just give it more startup/cooldown I don't know, maybe they were just a bit lazy with bowser.
Bowsercides rarely work against players that know what they are doing. and when they do it's either cause Bowser already had a big lead or because the opponent was caught sleeping. I feel like players really overestimate exactly how difficult it is to land Bowsercides in the first place especially with the significant range nerfs that were already given to aerial side b. If you got Bowsercided, you either don't know about holding the opposite direction, or you got outplayed. None of those situations warrant a stock penalty. However, I would still be totally fine with that if it weren't for the fact that some characters can actually recover out of it for free, meaning you can be steered off and cheese stocked for connecting with your own move. Not only that but it's not even consistent among all the stages, some stages cause Bowser to lose, other stages go to sudden death; seems more like a bug than a nerf.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
All hail Ganondorf, the King of all Evil.

I still find it weird how he's the only male Gerudo in existence.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
This makes me want to use Ganondorf, low-tier or not. Dat 360 Warlock punch tho. O_O

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Good to see my main getting some love.

It's a shame that Smash 4 did a poor job with depicting Ganondorf as the evil and confident villain that he's supposed to be. Even Hyrule Warriors did a better job with his personality, and that's a Zelda spin-off title.

Uh, of course it does. That games features a story mode and interactions between characters aside from fighting. It's not a comparable example because in a fighting game like Smash there isn't much place to display your own personality such as being evil or confident.

annnnd yet he's still not too much better than brawl unfortunately.

seriously he needed more buffs than just the few he got.
Actually, he is still much, much better from his Brawl incarnation fortunately. And not only because of the buffs he got but also thanks to how the game changed around him.

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Other than showing some nice Warlock Punch Shenanigans, this wasn't impressive at all.
I cringe when I read the majority of comments in here.

Last edited:

Masked Marill

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3926-6935-1624
Bowsercides rarely work against players that know what they are doing. and when they do it's either cause Bowser already had a big lead or because the opponent was caught sleeping. I feel like players really overestimate exactly how difficult it is to land Bowsercides in the first place especially with the significant range nerfs that were already given to aerial side b. If you got Bowsercided, you either don't know about holding the opposite direction, or you got outplayed. None of those situations warrant a stock penalty. However, I would still be totally fine with that if it weren't for the fact that some characters can actually recover out of it for free, meaning you can be steered off and cheese stocked for connecting with your own move. Not only that but it's not even consistent among all the stages, some stages cause Bowser to lose, other stages go to sudden death; seems more like a bug than a nerf.
I know this I was just being more general, sakurai doesn't care so much about competitive play so obviously he would want to nerf the attack to make it more friendly to casual play. I don't think bowserciding is by any means OP, but compared to ganonciding it's not very risky. besides why is everyone making such a big deal out of this? If your using side-B for edgeguarding as bowser instead B-air/F-air then you've only got yourself to blame, likewise with ganondorf.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
annnnd yet he's still not too much better than brawl unfortunately.

seriously he needed more buffs than just the few he got.
Online you can approach easily by baiting. ->B leads into an attack and all of his attacks are kill moves. Offline he is not going to do well against the Easy Army, but he really is an unusually solid character so he isn't going to fail as hard as Zelda or Olimar.

link2702

Smash Champion
Online you can approach easily by baiting. ->B leads into an attack and all of his attacks are kill moves. Offline he is not going to do well against the Easy Army, but he really is an unusually solid character so he isn't going to fail as hard as Zelda or Olimar.
Side b can be tech'd now so I feel like its less reliable at hitting with a followup now. Sure it still puts your opponent into a bad position, but there aren't any guaranteed followups to it now.

I just feel like his buff's were so minimal that they didn't help him much at all. Especially when you compare him to a few other low tiers from brawl who got massive buffs to the point where they're not only actually viable now, but possible high tiers. Sure his buffs made him better, but I just wish he got more.

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
I know this I was just being more general, sakurai doesn't care so much about competitive play so obviously he would want to nerf the attack to make it more friendly to casual play. I don't think bowserciding is by any means OP, but compared to ganonciding it's not very risky. besides why is everyone making such a big deal out of this? If your using side-B for edgeguarding as bowser instead B-air/F-air then you've only got yourself to blame, likewise with ganondorf.
It's not just about competitive, it's about the design itself. The way Bowser's sacrificial K.O functions now is incredibly wonky and doesn't make much sense at all even in a casual sense. Also, are you saying that if your character(s) had donked up mechanics that you wouldn't want to see them get fixed? That's really all this come down to, the change to Bowsercide is a buggy mess and it just need to be fixed, whether it kills Bowser or not doesn't matter, but at least kill the opponent too.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Actually, PM 3.5 was released AFTER Smash 3DS, so @ Da Man Da Man is technically right!
Oh of course! Completely forgotten about that so thank you! xD

And yes PM's a mod, so it does not count at all. Give it up PM fans, its never gonna be a official smash game no matter how much it gets praised.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Side b can be tech'd now so I feel like its less reliable at hitting with a followup now. Sure it still puts your opponent into a bad position, but there aren't any guaranteed followups to it now.

I just feel like his buff's were so minimal that they didn't help him much at all. Especially when you compare him to a few other low tiers from brawl who got massive buffs to the point where they're not only actually viable now, but possible high tiers. Sure his buffs made him better, but I just wish he got more.
His weight and FG's flat small stages make Gdorf stupidly hard to fight. He gets some super armor and his short dash end animation helps him shield/pivot super easy. He can play a mean mind game by just being himself.

His only down fall is low mobility on huge stages. His recovery is ok (tilt at upward angles when KB'D). He is also utterly helpless off stage when up high and to the side. But he is an absolute terror. Each hit HURTS and killing is made as easy as high aura/Marth tipper strikes.

He has some bad MUs, but they are never too skewed.

Masked Marill

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3926-6935-1624
It's not just about competitive, it's about the design itself. The way Bowser's sacrificial K.O functions now is incredibly wonky and doesn't make much sense at all even in a casual sense. Also, are you saying that if your character(s) had donked up mechanics that you wouldn't want to see them get fixed? That's really all this come down to, the change to Bowsercide is a buggy mess and it just need to be fixed, whether it kills Bowser or not doesn't matter, but at least kill the opponent too.
Yeah I agree with you there, the whole inability to kill certain opponents is BS, but unfortunately sakurai probably won't view it as a good enough reasoning for a patch, so looks like we're just gonna have to deal with it. At least bowser doesn't rely on side-B so you don't have to worry about his viability as he is still a strong character. wonky side-B or not. more than what can be said for most of my mains who are probably gonna be stuck in the pit of mediocrity forever.

Omegascizor456

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aldog12
3DS FC
2449-5093-2142
I recently was in an online tournament and I was not prepared for the shear destruction and power this gerudo King of Evil brings to the competitive game! Needless to say he is a character I struggle with and am trying to learn more about so this helped quite a bit:)

Top Bottom