• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf bottom again?

Vidd

Smash Cadet
Tier lists are irrelevant in this game because it can be patched.
Or, rather, any one tier list will become obsolete a lot faster than before.
So were Street Fighter 4 tier lists irrelevant through each of its revisions? Tier lists are not irrelevant just because the game can be patched.

Anyway, from a quick play with Ganondorf today, it seems like they cheaped out on him. His model looks poor, his animations are disappointing (especially that pathetic running animation) and he feels like he's playing underwater. I'm not sure why they couldn't have given him the same level of attention they gave Shiek, at least.

Untouch

Smash Master
I can see ganondorf being mid tier with custom moves. Maybe even mid-high.
His boon is his recovery is trash. The "slow" thing doesn't matter when a single hit does like 20+ damage.

The divekick downb is so good.

♦ Neosquid ♦

Smash Apprentice
I hope he returns to his rightful place as the one and only king of g-tier, if just for how friggin' fitting it is and troll factor ofc

LinkNIvy

Smash Apprentice
Not to be racist or stereotypical, but...

Don't japanese players prefer aggressive playstyles?
I remember that they banned Sagat in some Street Fighter games cuz he was too
good at zoning.

Their preference seems to be characters who can easily mount an offensive.
I've watched some old Japanese Brawl tournament videos and there were plenty of campy characters used. Pac Man was in the GF of some recent Japanese tournament, too and I saw Duck Hunt used as well.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hmmmm... On one hand, the ability to combo in this game as well as buffs to the range of some of his normals and his new godlike Down B help him a lot.
The fact that it is a lot harder to safely land in this game is good for him too, as is the rage mechanic.

I've been using him a lot lately and feeling he's much better.

On the flip side, I just played a LOT of matches against a good Ganon I randomly hit in For Glory (Occasionally you hit people who don't suck >.< ) and the fact that teching and perfect shielding are easier in this game mixed with the fact that Ganon's jump seems to go nowhere hurt him a lot. He's really easy to gimp as well. Techable flame choke hurts him so much though...

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Well, I'll just say, while shofu maybe not the best player, he is pretty good, and he was getting BODIED by a Ganondorf 3 times in a row when fighting as Little Mac. Side-Tilt too strong.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
C'mon guys it isn't that bad, at least Ganondorf is in that tier alone, he's with Palutena, meaning he can be shipped with her.

:4ganondorf: :4palutena:E Tier Shipping ftw!

He's still the best character in the game though.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Ganon is around mid tier. Learn the hit boxes, and he's not "bad" by any means. He can get kills way earlier than other characters. He is a heavy so he doesn't die as easily. Since most kill moves are pretty telegraphed in smash 4 its pretty easy to survive until ~ 200% with him, while killing others in early 100s.

Ftilt, dtilt, jab, bair, uair are your bestfriends, fair has a hitbox behind ganon, so it's good for reverse edgeguarding.

Learn Ganon better before claming he's trash. 3 minutes of play is NOT enough.

Top Bottom