• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon @ Tourneys?

Shameadactyl

Smash Cadet
I'm still pretty new, but I'm planning on attending a big tournament soon. I'm hoping to take Ganon all the way to the top if I can. =)

On that note though, if anyone has any tips / pointers for taking Ganon to a large scale event, that would be super. I don't know too much about what people are playing, what I should expect, or if maybe I should look into some new tricks to help me out. Any advice at all is appreciated.

Onxy

Smash Lord
Well, don't get your hopes up too much, lol.

Sliq

Smash Master
Simply gauging from your idealistic optimism and join date, I'm fairly certain that unless this is a noob tournament you won't do very well.

You should really concentrate more on learning as much as possible.

AgentJGV

Smash Journeyman
You have the right attitude and I wish you luck but don't expect much. In my first tourny i didnt win one match. But to atcually answer the thread: watch combo vids, read every technical artical on the boards, and Practice your butt off.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
lol "All the way to the top"

You are waaay to optimistic. >.>

And what do you mean by big tournament, is it a noob tournament, a very basic local tourney, or a major.

echos

Smash Journeyman
As for tourney play shame you will more then likely be doing sets. Ganon can be counter picked pretty easily, be careful against certain match ups. It's never a bad thing to be adept with multiple characters make sure you pick the right character at the right time. Ganon is usually my starter then i change after the match to avoid being counter picked (Metaknights are a pain in Ganon's ***). Just play smart and don't get to overconfident you'll be all right

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
Well I use Ganon in tourneys too but hes my secondary since MK is horrendous against Snakes. And I usually place within top 10 in weekly tourneys here in SFL. ;o

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
Well...I do most of my work with MK, but there are a lot of match ups where I do prefer Ganon over MK. Most common ones down here for me would be DK, Snake, and maybe sometimes even against a Diddy which is popular too. As for tips: Sliq's guide has pretty much all your needs, and the essentials that I use with Ganon. As of now I don't have any recording devices, but I do plan on getting a camera in the near future and hopefully I can upload my matches onto here.

Top Bottom