• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon is TRASH(vs samus)=CLOSED! DO NOT POST PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
people knew rohins from melee so they just asume hes amazing

Tudor has vids against ****ty people so it make shim look good.

Im the only one that PLAYS and BEATS good people. i also place very well when those people re in tournaments.
You're full of yourself.

Not only that but your a troll >_>

ptown

Smash Ace
why isn't your friend code in my PM box yet, FRIEND?!

your trash spamus, my ganon, my ike.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Did they really test Melee player's reaction time? I'm not doubting it, but where did you get this info.?
They tested a melee player's reaction time. I don't remember the method, but I distinctly remember seeing fox. One frame shine must be really useful in such tests. I also recall them using a character with a 2 frame jab, but I don't recall any characters with 2 frame jabs. I only really play like 4 characters in melee, so yeah.

EDIT:

Xyro77 is rather full of himself. He does seem to be a bit bitter from the majority of the community thinking that Tudor > Xyro. However, I truly believe that they are both exceptional players. Tudor gets his popularity from his videos. Xyro gets his popularity from kicking *** on WiFi. I also agree that Xyro is being more cocky than usual to entice other players to challenge him. Xyro, your method is working, but you don't want EVERYONE to think you're an ***, okay? Xyro is cool, he just doesn't show it until after he beats your ***.

theEffinBear

Smash Apprentice
Argh, too much silliness about reaction time.

A second is a frikkin long time in a game like Smash: for some perspective, consider that a Falcon Punch takes about a second. The game runs at 60 frames per second, and ordinary human reaction time is (iirc) ~150 ms = ~0.15 seconds = ~9 frames. When amped up on adrenaline, you can react faster: I think somewhere around ~100 ms or a little less ( = ~0.1 seconds = ~6 frames). There's a physical lower limit on reaction time that depends on the speed of nerve signals and the distance that the "fingers move this way now" order must travel (down your neck, through your shoulder, and then down your arm to your finger muscles in your forearm). The brain itself also takes a certain amount of time to process the video and audio input that your eyes and ears are giving you, and this processing is really really complex (so the time it takes to do this processing is non-negligible). This means that it's utterly impossible to block something like Fox's 1-frame Shine or Marth's 4-frame Dancing Blade on reaction; if your adrenaline is pumping, it should be just barely possible to block Marth's 10-frame f-smash on reaction (I'm assuming you're correct about that figure, A2ZOMG). I don't know how quickly Samus's z-air hits, but it's obviously rather quick. Since some moves physically cannot be blocked on reaction (making their use a double-blind guessing game), you have to predict when your opponent will perform this move and try to preemptively block it -- hence mind-games, adaptability, and the edict to avoid being predictable.

That's all reaction time, i.e. reacting to what is happening externally. You can perform memorized sequences of moves much much faster than human reaction time, because you're not reacting to yourself (hence why we say "coordination", not "internal reflexes"). Talking would be excruciatingly slow if you had to wait ~0.2 seconds after saying one word so you could react to your own speech and start saying the next word. You ever heard a good piano player play a piece that is even remotely complex? They're not reacting to their own playing in order to figure out the next note, they are running through a sequence of hand motions that is timed down to the fraction of a second. So yes, it is humanly possible to perform sequences of hand motions (like the hand motions that cause Fox to repeatedly drill-shine) where the delay between each input can be measured in single frames or tens of milliseconds, and this doesn't actually say much of anything about the player's/test subject's reaction speed.
</rant>

In other news, I like/am amused by your use of the word "FRIEND", ptown :)
/RtEB

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
There should be a thread about this! lol

But human reactions (6-9 frames) you must be jokin? O_o

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Who cares about reaction time on a Ganondorf baord? Ganon reacts about 20 times slower anyways...

gantrain05

Smash Master
That sounds more logic to me!
no way, he's right about reaction time a good smash player should have somewhere between 6-12 frames of time to react, i can easily react to marths Fsmash, if im paying attention to marth, i can shield it every time w/out prediction. but yeah, not possible to block dancing blade on reaction time, and then throw in wifi lag, and it just becomes a guessing game on even slow attacks.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Guys, lets please leave the "reaction time" thing to PMs for dryn. And if you wish to question my skills as a samus, leave that to PMs for me.

if any other ganons want to lose, plz play me.

For the record, im not arrogant. im a nice person.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Lol sorry bout that kick xyro, accidentaly hit back. You can go ahead and join if you want to play a few.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
for all of you talking about human reaction time please take into account that is cut DRAMATICALLY when you consider that people can predict what is happening AHEAD of time...

that's why falco's can shine out of shield in melee against certain things and bowser can up b out of shield against basically everything... it's not a matter of average human reaction time (which is generally incorrect when referring to good competitive gamers - the numbers are much smaller) its a matter of predict and punish

so settle down with your stats

also rohins ***** - who is xyro lol

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
oh my bad - i meant to lock it lol

*bowser fsmash*

*pheonix down*

I'm re-opening this. I'll close at midnight and Xyro's threads will be different from now on.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Yes plz do not spam anymore guys(myself included). Issue challenges ONLY.

this is your last chance to play me before midnite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom