• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gaming Podcasts

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I listen to IGN's Three Red Lights, GameScoop, and sometmes Nintendo Voice Chat.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
So no-one listens to MaxKom? You all really should. Their newest episode is up and they mention Smashboards and how great you guys are.

Seriously, MaxKom and 1up Yours are the two best gaming podcasts on the net, hands-down.

Pas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Antilochos
3DS FC
2277-6656-7895
1up yours is pretty awesome.

I listen to Penny Arcade's podcasts too, but that doesn't exactly count as a gaming podcast. Funny though, always really really funny.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
I get the Strong Bad emails in podcast form. Good stuff. Only bad thing is that you can't interact with anything so you see extra scenes and dialogue.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Well, I listen to SMYN, Insomniac's podcast, and 120 minutes of Jick and Skully (which is centered around a game, but not particularly limited to it). I also try to keep tabs on the wifiwars podcasts.

Edit: Also, the smashcast, but that's gone now...

derek.haines

Smash Ace
I just finished up the latest Podcast Beyond, and I have to say that it's become one of my favorites. The IGN Playstation team has some funny people on it.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Ryan Clements made his first appearance in a GameScoop podcast today! I can't wait to hear what he says about how much they make fun of him.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
I hate to bump such an old thread, but if anybody who listens to any of the IGN podcasts has not done so, listen to episode 97 of Game Scoop. In the last minute, something goes down. Ryan and Greg had been taking shots at each other the entire time, and it really sounds like some sort of a fight erupted. I've been browsing the IGN boards and nobody can quite pin it down whether it was some sort of a stunt or the real deal--it seems a bit serious for Game Scoop, notorious for being the goofiest of the IGN podcasts. Still, I can't say that I'd put it by them to fake a fight for lulz.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Wow that was awesome. Gotta say I think it was probably faked, why wouldn't they just cut something like that otherwise? I dunno. Definetly could've been for real though.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
Everybody in the IGN offices is a bit more campy than that, though. I can see them faking a zombie invasion or something like that, and doing an audio Cloverfield or something to end the Halloween podcast. But faking a fight? I just have trouble seeing them doing it, particularly when their idea of acting up until this point was Cobra Commander calling XBOX Tech Support on Three Red Lights.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Haha that's true. The progression of the fight did sound convincing.

NintenOwned

Smash Rookie
I listen to most of the IGN podcasts. Nintendo Voice Chat(which hasn't been on in FOREVER), Three Red Lights, Podcast Beyond, and Gamescoop. I also listen to Sidescrollers on Screwattack.com, and SMYN of course :p

I hate to bump such an old thread, but if anybody who listens to any of the IGN podcasts has not done so, listen to episode 97 of Game Scoop. In the last minute, something goes down. Ryan and Greg had been taking shots at each other the entire time, and it really sounds like some sort of a fight erupted. I've been browsing the IGN boards and nobody can quite pin it down whether it was some sort of a stunt or the real deal--it seems a bit serious for Game Scoop, notorious for being the goofiest of the IGN podcasts. Still, I can't say that I'd put it by them to fake a fight for lulz.
Yeah, I heard that. I don't know, it sounded real but at the same time, why would they keep it in there if it was real? Couldn't they have just edited it out? It actually sounds like they edited it further to make it sound more intense.
Maybe it's just some Halloween thing and was planned, but it sounded pretty real to me.

Top Bottom