• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GameStop tourney technicallity

Elbow

Smash Apprentice
I know that most of you probably didn't go to gamestop.com/smash and read all the rules for the tourney, so I feel inclined to tell you this, so you're not disappointed when you arrive. A parent/legal gaurdian must be present to sign you up if you're a minor. I just felt like telling you all this so I don't see sad little kids leaving gamestop on Sunday, wishing they could play. Read the entire rules.

corban123

Smash Rookie
lol, alrdy signed up, and parents dropping me off and stuff, i read the rules carefully before all this stuff...

Nigy

Smash Rookie
I have my doubts that this will be strictly enforced. I Don't think I can get my dad to accompany me, so if i can't play then bad luck for me.

Elbow

Smash Apprentice
lol, alrdy signed up, and parents dropping me off and stuff, i read the rules carefully before all this stuff...
Just making sure everyone knows. I can drive myself, which is worse, meaning my parents wont be there to sign quick. I having them go and sign early.

I'm basically from Appleton

Azzizaz

Smash Apprentice
All you have to do is show up sometime during Saturday and sign in showing them that you're going to show up. Then get your parents to drop you off.

domiNate

Smash Apprentice
Question. The tourney end sat midnight on march 8th, and I turn 18 on march 9th (smash comes out on my b-day ftw!). So how do you think that rule applies to me?

Elbow

Smash Apprentice
You're legally 18 on midnight, March 9th so you should be fine....at least I'd imagine.

Master Fox

Smash Journeyman
The Tournament should be over before the release so you should have a parent or legal Guardian since you won't be 18 during the tournament.

Basmothel

Smash Cadet
Question. The tourney end sat midnight on march 8th, and I turn 18 on march 9th (smash comes out on my b-day ftw!). So how do you think that rule applies to me?
I do believe that in most circumstances you are legally 18 the day before your actual birthday. Not certain on the exact rulings. You might want to call Gamestop (actual customer service, not a random store).

Master Fox

Smash Journeyman
I do believe that in most circumstances you are legally 18 the day before your actual birthday. Not certain on the exact rulings. You might want to call Gamestop (actual customer service, not a random store).
You are Legally 18 at midnight, which starts off the day and that's the exact rulings of it. So, as soon as his/her birthday starts, which is at midnight, he/she will be 18, assuming they were 17 of course.

So, he/she won't be 18 at the time of the tournament, in which case, he will need a parent or guardian present at the tournament.

xl Lan lx

Smash Apprentice
lulz...

I signed up today and the guy said "Sure go ahead doesn't matter..." and my parents weren't even there. XD My friend and I both signed up. :p

Also I need those rules... looked at them but didn't read every single one!

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Wow. Lame.

So legally I can drive a car, have sex with a girl, see extremely violent movies, but I can't play a smash bro's tournament without my parents?

I hate being 17.

MattTheGameFreak

Smash Apprentice
I actually asked my Gamestop store manager about this and he said that this does not apply...

He said that you need to be at least 13. Not 18.

Top Bottom