• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamestop Tourney "cheating"

Status
Not open for further replies.

zergman

Smash Cadet
Just a thought, but I really havn't seen any rules pop up about self destructs. They say the winner will be based on what the game says at the end of the match. Well if the scoring system is the same as melee if you kill someone once and you self destruct once then you win the match. So if you are playing only a 1 minute match and you get the kill then just suicide when your percentage starts to get a little high. The other guy wont have enough time to kill you a second time. Seems kinda cheap to me, but I don't see anything stopping it.

ZorakBane

Smash Journeyman
The window in which the last person hit you in like 30 seconds.. will still get your kill.. so if you kill someone in the first 30 seconds and run around not getting hit for another 30 then kill yourself at the last second. it might work. But don't SD just run around and be a little *****.

D-Hero

Smash Rookie
Ha, Ha thats right Gamestop Tourney rules are dumb... but, hey if winning is your goal then use the cheap strategy... i know i would... but, expect people to catch on quick and call you out on it....

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
If you've been watching things like Spectator matches, you'd see that the game doesn't treat most SDs the way Melee did. Unless you pretty much came fresh off dying, the game will give the +1 to the player who touched you last, in addition to giving you -1.

Bunny

Smash Rookie
Ha, Ha thats right Gamestop Tourney rules are dumb... but, hey if winning is your goal then use the cheap strategy... i know i would... but, expect people to catch on quick and call you out on it....
So. Thats not going to stop me from doing it.

KhoolAde

Smash Rookie
Youko is correct from my experience playing it the SDs are not the same. typically the last person to hit you does the get point...for instance if donkey kong hits you and you get away but walk into a bob-omb and fly off the stage....guess what donkey gets the point. bwah-wah...so stop trying to take the cheap way out...fight till the death!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom