• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamestop Art Contest.

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
I found out when I signed up for the midnight tourney that they are also having an art contest. The info the employee was getting her info from was the same for the tourney so it must be official. Has any one else heard about/made plans for an entry? Being an artist myself I was thrilled and I'm about halfway done with the line art. ^_^

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Irrelevant question:

Are you allowed to sign up early?
Like, can you go and get a registration form to take home and bring it in at any point before the event?

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
Yo Wes, which GS did you sign up at?
the one in polaris.

Irrelevant question:

Are you allowed to sign up early?
Like, can you go and get a registration form to take home and bring it in at any point before the event?
they put my name number and e-mail on a sign up sheet, but you can't actually register until they have the forms. which they will have before march 8th you'd just have to go to your gamestop or call and ask when they will be taking registration, I know some peoples aren't taking them at all until the day of.

-Ran

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure sign ups for the Game Stop tournament aren't supposed to be done until 30 minutes before the actual -release- tournament. Also, they haven't released any information that would confirm what you're saying. For an art contest to be relevant, they'd need to provide more than a week for decent art work to be made.

A side note, my manager friend has yet to hear anything about this.

g4mer4lif3

Smash Rookie
I didn't know you could sign up already. Mmmhhh...I'll have to check at my gs, thx for the info.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
I'm pretty sure sign ups for the Game Stop tournament aren't supposed to be done until 30 minutes before the actual -release- tournament. Also, they haven't released any information that would confirm what you're saying. For an art contest to be relevant, they'd need to provide more than a week for decent art work to be made.

A side note, my manager friend has yet to hear anything about this.
Actually, its the other way around.
You must sign up AT LEAST 30 minutes before the start of the tournament.

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
why do an art contest when you can be in a brawl contest
cus I'm a whole lot better at art than smash, but I'm still doing both.
what's the criteria?
you'd have to ask your gamestop, the only criteria I was given is that a hard copy of my peice needed to be turned in a week before release which doesn't give much time, but I can do it.

I'm only repeating what i was told. when I asked about all the info the gamestop employee called her manager (I assume) and when she got off the phone she went into the back room got a very official (brawl design decorated) sign up sheet and booklet. she wrote down my info on the sheet ans said to come back in a few days to register (I'm 17 so my dad has to sign too :/) she mentioned something about an art contest which peaked my interest and when I asked, she flipped through the booklet found the page concerning it and said I would need to bring in a hard copy of my artwork at least a week before release and thats it.

I would say yes, but I don't really know, you'd have to ask. This might be something that Gamestop as a company is offering to set up but not all gamestop are doing it necessarily.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Hey Windlord, I have a question about the contest (I'm lazy enough like to look for it, and I have some Pointer Issues actually...)...

Does it has to be SSB: Brawl Art Style? If so... I expect to see what-if designed characters.

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
Does it has to be SSB: Brawl Art Style? If so... I expect to see what-if designed characters.
I'm guessing since it's a brawl art contest it would have to be brawl related, meaning only things that are part of brawl. I don't really know though you'd have to ask gamestop.

I have 3 all on the same intersection lol.
yeah pretty much the same for me. in the mall I'm going to there's a gamestop on the top and bottom floors right above and below each other, then another one down the road.

Top Bottom