• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamestop and SWF Presents: Battle Network 3! MK banned!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sync.

Smash Champion

Gamestop and SWF Presents: Battle Network 3!​

Hello everyone! I, Sync, will be running my biweekly tournament series in partnership with Gamestop once again! This tournament series is meant to give the veteran Houston smashers some experience while attracting newcomers to our wonderful smash scene!

Like always, we will be having a singles and doubles tournament. We will also be having Melee once gain thanks to that HUGE turnout I got last time (you guys impressed some people very much!).There will be no entry fees or venue fee so that will be a little different for those who have an eye on a prize but we will attempt to have a grand prize for Brawl this time since Melee had one last time.

This tournament will however count towards the Brawl Texas Power Rankings just like any other tournament so please take this seriously guys!

This event is also a MK banned event for Brawl. This will be one of the test tournaments so the BBR-RC can start collecting data on the MK ban.

Schedule:

11:30 A.M.
I'll arrive and begin to setup for the tournament.

12 P.M.
Sign-ups and friendlies open up!

1 P.M.
Brawl doubles and Melee doubles begin!

2:30 P.M.

Where: 3003 West Holcome Blvd Houston, TX 77025 "Gamestop"

Parking and food: There should be ample parking spaces for everyone coming and there's lots of food nearby! The closest food source is the Chik-fil-a in the parking lot of the Gamestop.

Setups:

PLEASE BRING SETUPS SO WE CAN ACTUALLY HAVE FRIENDLIES PLAYED AND HAVE THE TOURNAMENT RAN SMOOTHLY!!!!!!! IT IS SUPER IMPORTANT BECAUSE I'M RUNNING 4 EVENTS. 4!!!!!!!!!!!

Rules

We will be using the Unity Ruleset as provided by the BBR-RC for Brawl. Here is a link to
the ruleset: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=301032

We will be using the MBR recommended ruleset for Melee. Her is a link to the ruleset: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257229

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah man!

Remind everyone to be on their best behavior. There was lots of cursing and general loud noise last time. If you want to impress these managers, act professional.

Also, MK banned? Tasty. Razer...is it time?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Tell the melee players to mind their manners. Assuming they were taught some. Btw, thank you sync for doing mk banned. We need this data

Good Ol' Tree

Smash Ace
NNID
Garnitrex
The Melee group is general chilled out unless you know, Melee starts becoming Melee. Then you can't stop Melee. So Melee may make some noise.

EDIT: P.S. I may come to this.

Xyro77

We need apex practice. Why are you banning mk

:phone:
remember? "tx doesnt have mks lolololololololololololololol" so it doesnt matter if mk is banned right?

u want practice? go to pwii house or play gnes mk in friendlies. or better yet, go to the last 2 circuit events.

mk is gone. accept it.

NearZzz

Smash Lord
remember? "tx doesnt have mks lolololololololololololololol" so it doesnt matter if mk is banned right?

u want practice? go to pwii house or play gnes mk in friendlies. or better yet, go to the last 2 circuit events.

mk is gone. accept it.
Oos. Does. U ****

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
It doesnt rlly matter, it's a free trney wtf lol, tho since apex right around the corner, is going be the biggest and most remarkable tournament this community is going get EVER by far, this is where the world ends pretty much,and mk is legal, i suggest people keep their mk mu practice sharp, banning mk before apex is honestly a bad idea, this is fine since it's a free tourney and is perfect for experimentation since we're all obeying subjects and will come here even tho we broke as ****.

Just putting it out there since I've been seeing a trend of mk banned trneys before apex, if anyone wants mk practice, ill gladly do it lol, just catch me in like the 1st hours since playing this game for too long gets me bored nowdays.

sheikamaru

jive
Mk practice, shmemkay practice. I want that oli and zss and falco and.diddy and.ganondorph and zelda.and tink and samoose and marph and.wolf and peach and snake and licario... O btw I find it.funny.fox.is.called.fox, wolf wolf and.falco no bird lol

Sync.

Smash Champion
The reason why this one is MK banned is because I'm giving the URC data to work with. It's a small tournament (which is free mind you) and hasn't been past 20 entrants. It's just expirements I'm conducting. The only MK in Houston that can take top 5 is Pwii (including me and P4 as MKs) and that's only like 1 person out of like 20. It'll be fine guys relax, most of them will be MK legal anyway because I know we need Apex practice.

Xyro77

Houston mk practice will
Not stop u from losing to the mks going to apex.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I wonder if that applies to all characters...

BioDG

Smash Ace
I need a partner for this. Any takers? I'm good for it.

PM plz

Tesh

Smash Hero
Battle Network Hype.

I might just be able to make it to this...

Anyone wanna team? Its free so its okay to place last. (there is no teams PR)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'll bring recording...get matches recorded....something something something derp.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You poor soul.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Dangit, I still need a partner for this (PM plz). Anyone? :/

Dude alright hype this **** up!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to win this my ****ing drilllllllllllllllllllllll
Hype hype hype hype. My work is done.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'll try to bring my wii, but i'll be too late for doubles apparently.

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
It looks like a large portion of the melee people will be going to the Dallas tourney this weekend. Some of us will still make it, but not nearly as many as last time. I'll be bringing a full melee setup + wii again.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's time Razer...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I look forward to playing your non-MK character. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom