• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Games that made you cry (NO SPOILERS).

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I dont really cry that often but games that moved me include:
Mother 3
and Undertale/ Deltarune

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Funny you mention this i actually got a little choked up recently at reaching the end of Story of Seasons A Wonderful Life.

Besides that the only other thing i can think of off the top of my head is getting kind of depressed at the end of some games not because of the ending but because i enjoyed them so much, invested alot of time in them, & am unsure when the series may capture the same greatness again, Fire Emblem Three Houses & Mass Effect trilogy particularly come to mind with that.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Final Fantasy XV: something about the brotherhood of it all, and I bawled at the scene of Noctis sacrificing himself. Killed me.
Ocarina of Time: The fact that your childhood was basically stolen from you and then given back to you. As a kid, I cried, even though I didn't understand this. Like, this came when I was 10. And I felt too young, if that makes sense. Like I just wanted to grow up already. I didn't see the point of Link giving up his badass adult body and the Master Sword just to go back to Kokiri or find Termina or whatever. But I still cried because I think I connected with it in more of a spiritual way, I guess? Like I couldn't understand it, but I did at the same time. The end scene where all of the NPC's just chill out is also a happy-tearjerker.
Sonic Frontiers: Game sucked, story mostly boring, but the vocal performances from Mike Pollock and Ryan Bartley really got to me.
Overwatch: Dunno if this counts, but all the shorts are either cool as hell or absolutely devastating emotionally.
The Last of Us, basically the whole game
Mega Man X3: End credits and cast roll music were beautiful.
Sonic Generations: I have bittersweet memories of my IRL experience with this game.
DDLC: Even watching this game through the lens of Game Grumps, who gave silly voices to the characters and made jokes a minute...the scene where you stay at school the whole weekend is just, like, the worst thing I've seen in my life.

D

Deleted member

So far "Kingdom Hearts", "Marvel's Spider-Man" and "Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales" did. (Haven't gotten a PS5 nor a PC so I haven't played "Marvel's Spider-Man 2" yet but I got a feeling that one might turn on the waterworks too)

Last edited by a moderator:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Beating the Wind Waker as a kid was really emotional for me because I was stuck at like two different spots and gave up playing then restarted on two seperate occasions.

The endings of Mother 3 and Red Dead Redemption are probably the games I cried at the most. Red Dead's ending is more of a traditional gut punch while Mother 3's was bittersweet.

Also recently there was the ending of Like A Dragon: Gaiden, I never really was that emotionally affected by Kiryu's relationship with the orphanage kids in the past just because it wasn't developed or focused on that much after Yakuza 3, but here it was super cathartic seeing Kiryu get to see them grown up and made me nostalgic for the orphanage section of Yakuza 3 that everyone hated but I really liked.

Top Bottom