• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Gamepad as a screen

rpgcaster

Smash Apprentice
I apologize profusely if this isn't the place to be asking this. Additionally, I admit that I feel dumb asking this but google isn't providing me an answer.

Is it possible to use the Wii U Gamepad as a screen to play the game? I know this is possible is using the gamepad as the controller, but I guess the real question is, is it possible to play smash without a screen or monitor using the gamepad, but not as the controller?

Spirst

Yes, it's possible. The gamepad screen will mirror whatever is happening on the monitor/TV and if you have a different controller setup, it'll work just fine since the gamepad will still stream the game.

rpgcaster

Smash Apprentice
Yes, it's possible. The gamepad screen will mirror whatever is happening on the monitor/TV and if you have a different controller setup, it'll work just fine since the gamepad will still stream the game.
All I'm getting is the character portraits and percentages (ala 3DS bottom screen). How do I change this?

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
I've been using it on the couch since I've been sick this week. It's good...not as good as GCN or Nunchuck, but it works fine. It's kind of hard playing with the screen right there (hard to describe, compared to the 3DS or other off-screen games), but yeah, it's decent enough to play with when I don't have a TV.

Raijinken

Smash Master
If you're playing singleplayer (anything with only one human), I think it defaults to mirroring the screen. More than one human and it'll default to the percent things. But yea, just tap the screen to swap it.

Top Bottom