• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamecube controllers only?

Twin Dreams

Smash Ace
Ah, I understand now, thank you for clarifying.

Yes, again, I agree. I really don't think there would be a problem, now that I think of it, with any controllers, so long as the tournament that's being hosted supplies the controllers themselves.

It's ALWAYS BYOB. Always.

Theft is always a problem with large crowds. Also, I don't have the money to supply any controllers than the two I have. ;_;

On top of that, controllers vary by use. A lot of people are "attached" to their controllers. Especially, GCC. (Because of the spring being more/less worn out than others. )

Ereki

Smash Cadet
Huh. >> I guess I have a lot to learn, then. I just relied on the tournaments to supply the controllers. Perhaps I should bring my own, then.

And..yeah, again, now that I think about it, unless you have people as staff to moderate what's going on, it may be lost. We thought we lost a controller at the end of the convention, but luckily, we found it.

You make another good point. >> I recall a number of my friends and fellow club members who play Brawl in a club in school, bring around their controllers every now and then.

shadydentist

Smash Lord
Its not feasible for tournament organizers to supply wiimotes for every station. Setups are hard enough to manage as it is, and the additional risk of theft...

the_judge

Smash Journeyman
I use a classic controller, and with my somewhat weird configuration, it won't be hard to switch to GCN on the fly.

I have
X as jump
Y as special
B as Attack
A as grab
Right Analog as Smash

If you do a comparison of that CC configuration, and the GC's, you would notice almost no change besides how the controller feels in your hands.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Its not feasible for tournament organizers to supply wiimotes for every station. Setups are hard enough to manage as it is, and the additional risk of theft...
Then don't supply the Wii's. That's stupid to discriminate against a group of people because its not the control scheme you would have thought was good.

Twin Dreams

Smash Ace
Then don't supply the Wii's. That's stupid to discriminate against a group of people because its not the control scheme you would have thought was good.

wat?

The tournament will have stations. You bring your controller, which has your move set already in it! Where is the problem with this?

Shaman

Smash Apprentice
I honestly don't see why you would want to use a wiimote over a wired controller, no matter how good blue tooth is, its still not going to be as responsive as a wired controller.

that said, I don't think syncing would be much of an issue, just need something to indicate that syncing is occurring at a station so that multiple wii's don't try to sync. though i honestly doubt large tournaments will allow wiimotes either way. not to mention its not the best control scheme so it wont be very popular, if present at all, at the larger tournaments.

Mani

Smash Cadet
outside of the syncing issue, i don't believe it is justified to ban them

first off 50 people won't have them anyway

secondly, i am finding i prefer the nunchuk+wiimote controller the best (tho the shake smash is total bs, and without a c-stick u can't glide toss but...) the buttons are just in SUCH comfortalbel places!!

i will never ban them personally, and will have SERIOUS second thoughts on going to a tourney who does, on principle alone

Top Bottom