• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamecube Controller: Modifying the Analog Shoulder Buttons

Break

Smash Apprentice
So today I got a new gamecube controller, opened it up and removed the springs in the shoulder buttons. Shielding and especially Air/Spot dodging is even faster now, easier to time too. Has anyone else tried this on their controllers?

I know there was a few topics about this a while back right before the game was released but they have since been buried and the search function utterly failed me in reviving them. Personally, I think removing the springs is a rather beneficial little procedure, easy to do too. I expect modified controllers will not be accepted at future formal tournaments, but there's no way to tell online. What are your guys' thoughts on this?

If there's a enough interest in how to do this I could create a little guide with pictures and whatnot; I expect it shouldn't be necessary though, the procedure is extremely straight forward.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Aside from the fact it's not tournament legal and your controllers won't work well for GCN games, I guess it will help...

Since I use my controllers for other games I'll definitely avoid doing this though.

Break

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I actually went out and bought this controller specifically for Brawl, I have bunch of Wavebirds which I use for other games. Plus, the controller was only like $25.

Eriorguez

Smash Cadet
I might be wrong, but setting dodging actions to Z and grabbing to the jump button you don't use, wouldn't be a better alternative?

Break

Smash Apprentice
I might be wrong, but setting dodging actions to Z and grabbing to the jump button you don't use, wouldn't be a better alternative?
Yes, yes it would. However, I play Brawl in my dorms mostly and we often play in different peoples' rooms which means different Wiis. This method is lot less hassle than making a Brawl profile on everyone's Wiis or lugging a Wii-mote around with me all the time.

Top Bottom