• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GameCube Controller Aesthetics (WIP)

v2.x

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

I've been looking around and I never found a good place to find the pinouts for game cube controllers for things like LEDs. This will be an ongoing project since I'm not aware of differences in layout between models. I'll also be making a tutorial on how to do LEDs in the future, but I just wanted to post this for now for those who understand how to do so already and lack things such as a multimeter or the time to find proper points. I'm also hoping to consolidate guides when it comes to case modification, but we'll see how that goes.

Here's an orange controller [labeled DOL-003 (Not sure if this is motherboard revision or not, if someone could further elaborate)]

If anyone has any feedback, I'd love to hear it.

More to come.

EDIT: Changed the title for clarification

Last edited:

mattergamer47

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0173-1300-9761
Ii definitely have a bunch of pinouts to show. I'll document them later and show pictures of my most recent led controller.
Just incase I can't soon, basically you have under each control stick stick-box solder points. there are 1x3 and 3x1 rows of solder points under the c-stick and control stick. Leds can be placed there. Also on the part of the controller where the c-stick module is connected to by a line of wires, contains a 3.4v and ground solder point

Top Bottom