• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamecube Controller Adapter?

KACHOW!!!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
T.M.Paunch
3DS FC
2122-6416-3741
This is the exact realization I came to. I'm doing the same thing.

Bruh, do you even Hori Fight Pad?
I saw that fight pad on amazon, and I decided against it, because maybe it sounds lame, but I don't have a lot of $, and I'm constantly always playing, so run out of batteries frequently. I figured if I'm gonna be using a controller thats suffering input lag, I may as well get something thats rechargable, and to me, the only big difference between the hori pad and the pro controller is just having the buttons and stick on the right swapped in place.

SANCHOCO

Smash Apprentice
In my country i need to wait until January, Nintendo did bad on this... :/ I wanted this for Xmas but I guess I am going to play with my 3ds xl or the gamepad as a controller...
You make it sound like they're bad controllers to use.

Which would you rather pick. Gamepad or the wii remote? 3ds xl or the wii remote?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I saw that fight pad on amazon, and I decided against it, because maybe it sounds lame, but I don't have a lot of $, and I'm constantly always playing, so run out of batteries frequently. I figured if I'm gonna be using a controller thats suffering input lag, I may as well get something thats rechargable, and to me, the only big difference between the hori pad and the pro controller is just having the buttons and stick on the right swapped in place.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Duracell-...p-Alkaline-Long-Lasting-2018-19-Bulk/40995318
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Energizer-E91BP-24-Energizer-MAX-AA-Batteries-24pk/30044820
Assuming you only use one controller, 24-30 batteries gonna be lasting a long time.

Now, if you're competitive and input lag is a big thing for you, then I can understand why you'd want an adapter, but for now, a HORI fightpad is the best option.

Edigital23

Smash Rookie
NNID
Edigital23
3DS FC
4253-3504-1896
I got mine @ Nintendo World NYC yesterday 12/16. There were about 50 behind the register on the first floor. Limit one per customer. If youre in the area check them out. I got the info from their Twitter. Good luck.

chaosmasterro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chaosmasterro
They made the perfect controller during the gamecube era, Nintendo should just get a page from Sony with their controllers. Sony had the same controllers for 4 different generation of consoles. They should just make a GCC with the Wii Pro controller's features. Both can still exist but enhancing something already great shouldn't be a problem.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Which would you rather pick. Gamepad or the wii remote? 3ds xl or the wii remote?
Same order you typed them in. Gamepad > Wiimote > 3DS, the latter being the worst smash controller ever made.

They made the perfect controller during the gamecube era, Nintendo should just get a page from Sony with their controllers. Sony had the same controllers for 4 different generation of consoles. They should just make a GCC with the Wii Pro controller's features. Both can still exist but enhancing something already great shouldn't be a problem.
Your point is a good one but the controller was only really the same for 2.5 generations as, IIRC the Dualshock came in midway through the PS1's lifespan and the terrible thing that is the 4 can hardly be called the same controller.

Last edited:

Blablabug

Smash Cadet
You make it sound like they're bad controllers to use.

I don't find them as bad as the wiimote but there are tricks you can only do or are easier to do with the gamecube controller, moreover I was so exited to play with it :/

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
I heard that the Hori pad layout for R/L and Zs match the original GC controller while the PDP one has it like the Classic controller. I plan on getting the Hori ver tomorrow and try it out on PM(not getting the Wii U till around Christmas).

Mechageo

Smash Ace
I heard that the Hori pad layout for R/L and Zs match the original GC controller while the PDP one has it like the Classic controller. I plan on getting the Hori ver tomorrow and try it out on PM(not getting the Wii U till around Christmas).
I can confirm that about the Hori pad, but I don't have a PDP pad. It doesn't really matter, though, because you can remap controls in Smash.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Theres also a third party pro controller at walmart that has the ABXY buttons above like an Xbox controller and is lil cheaper than the original. Plan on getting that as well.

Top Bottom