• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GameClucks - Super Smash Bros Tournament, Jan 4th, Lynnwood, WA ‎

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
Hello everyone,

Looks like GameClucks is going to start hosting SSB Tournaments again. And I'm here to help pass on the good news.They also have SSBM and PM Tournaments too!! on the same date.

Start Date: Jan 4th @ 5pm

Phone Number: (425) 775-2240

Costs:
Venue Fee $5.00

Super Smash Bros. 1v1 $5.00

Rules:

Game Settings:

Mode: STOCK
Stocks: 5
Handicap: OFF
Team Attack: ON
Stage Select: ON
Damage: 100%
Item Switch: NONE

All Characters Available
All sets are best-of-3 except for the following which are best-of-5:
Winners Semis, Winners Finals, Losers Quarters, 5th place tiebreaker, Losers Semis, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals

Stages:

The Stage List consists of Congo Jungle, Peach’s Castle and Dream Land.
The first match is always Dream Land

Characters:

All characters are legal.
For visibility reasons, players may request that Black DK (Right-C), Dark Samus (Down-C) and Dark Falcon
(Right-C) not be used if Congo Jungle is the stage. The opposing player may reset the match without
penalty if they wish for a color change. Taking or dealing any damage nullifies this right.

Set Procedure:

Players select characters for first match. Double Blind Picks may be called.
The first match is played.
The loser of the previous match selects the next match’s stage from the Starter Stage and Counter pick Stage Lists.
The winner of the previous match selects their character.
The loser of the previous match selects their character.
The next match is played.
Above four steps are repeated if necessary.
Players may not counterpick to a stage they already won on that they picked themselves.

Additional Rules:

Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it.
Alternate or custom controllers/adapters such as a keyboard, Gamecube controller or a Hori Mini Pad are allowed. Players suspected of using turbo functions or other macros are subject to immediate disqualification from the tournament.
If a player pauses without prior agreement from the other opponent, the opponent has the right to gain a stock or take away the pauser’s stock from the moment of the pause and begin a rematch where both players’ percentages are reset to zero. The opponent also has the option to simply force the pauser to forfeit a stock without restarting the match.
Extreme stalling is disallowed. Any reported case of such will result in a warning, followed by automatic forfeit of the match as per the discretion of the TO. If there is no movement from either player, the losing player is considered to be stalling.

Last edited:

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I'll see if I can make it. Thanks for letting me know, Jel

McGodd

Smash Apprentice
Should I bring any 64 setups? I have about three full ones available, albeit the TVs are small.

gt_pokey

Smash Rookie
Sweet. This sounds awesome! I'll hopefully be up from Seattle. See you all then.

McGodd

Smash Apprentice
Should have about five or six Bellingham 64 players present it looks like. Pumped to see our group's first tournament outside of Bellingham!

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
I believe I can make it, making it my first tournament entry since Apex 2012. Woot woot!

gt_pokey

Smash Rookie
Dang. Sorry, all, didn't make it. I'll have to catch the next one. How did everything go?

McGodd

Smash Apprentice
It was pretty damn awesome. I had some incredible sets with several people and I'm pretty happy with how I did for my first tournament. Bellingham in general had a pretty good showing. We'll be training for the next one.

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
GC SSB bracket.png
GGS all. Here are the results. sorry only GF got recorded guys

1: Kefit Thanks for coming
2: Captain L Nice fox man!!
3: Mojo aka Meta good to see you again
4: Bladewise Nice work getting 4th
5: Jel Yep that's me
5: Tom Bombadil Nice meeting you and see you at Apex
7: Black snow Nice meeting you
7: Jordan
9: Tjim
9: Cazcom
9: Mc Godd Thanks for coming and for bring everyone that you could to this.
9: Little spoon GGS nice meeting you
13: Mason
13: Kimitori
13: Scardm
13: Kevin G
17: Pesudo
17: Scarflame
17: Jess
25: Gbear

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
Captain L has CRAZY tech skills. Like, completely insane. But he has little experience playing against actual humans so I didn't have a huge amount of trouble dismantling him.

He's got potential though.

McGodd

Smash Apprentice
I hope GC starts continually doing 64 again. Bellingham smashers will be training for a return appearance next month!

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
This tournament was sick. Less than 20% of the attendees were casuals so there was really solid competition every match.

Kefit / Jel : Great to meet you guys. Looking forward to seeing you at Apex.

Captain L: Sick tech skill, get online and you'll be able to contend with high tier players in no time.

Bellingham crew: You guys were a lot better than I thought some random crew would be. Keep that smash house going. Really good to meet and play with you all. I also like that everyone has their own character.

Bladewise: Good games. You played fox differently than I'm used to so that was cool to see.

Hopefully we get more NW tournys going in the future

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
I can more then likey get this running every month as Melee and Pm happen the 1st saturday of every month at GC. Only thing is I dont think the turn out well be as good as it was this time for every month. I will post when the next one happens and also try to get it started sooner then 4pm so that 2v2 can happen.

McGodd

Smash Apprentice
Next month I can get more people there than I did this month, as more Bellingham smashers are around again. I'll try to get some convoys going, stay tuned.

gt_pokey

Smash Rookie
Yeah, there are a few redmond people that would definitely be interested in the next lynnwood (or closer) tournament. So pumped.

Jel, is the video of the finals up anywhere?

Captain L

Smash Champion
heh I hope people don't judge me solely based on that video :p

good games everyone! I'll try to come to these events as often as I can, playing against you guys was so fun and the community as a whole seems really friendly!

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
heh I hope people don't judge me solely based on that video :p

good games everyone! I'll try to come to these events as often as I can, playing against you guys was so fun and the community as a whole seems really friendly!
Hope you and Meta can make it out to the next one :)

Top Bottom