• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamebattles Ladder Match: AlphaZealot (Diddy) vs KishSquared (Bowser)

Player-1

Smash Legend
That was a nice come back from the bowser in the 2nd match. Vids like these make me drop what I'm doing and just play ssbb =), so great just makes me want to banana combo so bad

Czech

Smash Cadet
Man Kish is a beast!!! Never seen a Bowser that good. Always fun to watch you play AZ ty for posting videos.

Scala

Smash Ace
Not bad. He figured out your pattern by the second video and you never really changed your tactics. You kept dash-attacking into him while he would shield and he would just dsmash to punish. If you follow up your bananas with other things rather than the dash-attack, you'll be golden.

Otherwise good matches ^_^

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Actually I don't really think he did, I carried a stock lead in the second video, it was when I stopped using Banana's that I lost the match. In other words, when I went away from my strategy, I started to lose.

Scala

Smash Ace
When did you stop using bananas in your second video? I just rewatched it. He had control over your bananas temporarily near the end, is that what you're talking about? Otherwise I'm just saying he wised up and started shielding/punishing your attacks since it was constantly:

banana throw -> dash attack -> something

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Yo, whatup fool. Good Diddy man, just watched most of your vids. Love the Naner tactics; def gonna work on mine some more now. Most everything looks pretty good, but for the love of god, throw some more! His f and bthrow knockbacks are too good, specially on Bowser, who you're not gonna smash off anytime soon, so just try to get him off the edge asap. Throws are the best way to do that IMO. Naners are obviously the perfect setup, and since you use them a lot, try and see if it helps. That's all I got for the moment. Take care, peezy...

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
There were just times in the vids when I would normally pull out nanas but chose not to, like just before I lost my second to last stock, I was alone on the platform and at like 90%, and instead of pulling bananas, I just decided to rush him.

Either way, I got every stock past 150%, he won because he could punish my mistakes, not because he could stop nana rushing.

spikehappy07

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo, CA. Its a small city whom many people ove
Gamebattles pretty much has horribly laggy matches. I have an account (I go by C2D - Clowned 2 Death) and most of the matches I had were unbearable. Your Diddy is good, no doubt, but I feel like this wasn't your best. Kish's Bowser is good, but you could've had it better without lag (unless you have "perfect" connection)

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
I was mainly talking about throws man. Try using them after slips. I think you'll find it helpful...

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yea, Diddy is one of the characters I think that is most affected by lag.
I agree... most characters reliant on combos that don't ooze priority (like MK) can't really be played to their fullest in lag. I play both Diddy and Wario, two very combo reliant charas... but oftentimes I'll just give up cuz of the lag and go with Watch, lol.

Top Bottom