• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game Zone - Cumberland, RI - April 11

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Welcome to...
the Game Zone Tournament.

You can also find this tournament here.

Game Zone RI
231 Broad St.
Cumberland, RI. 02864

Date
April 11, 2009

Contact

Game Zone (1-401-301-3334)
Bloodcross' Cellular Device (1-508-488-0093)
Bloodcross' AIM (bl00dcross)
Bloodcross' Skype (Bloodcross69)

Contacting Bloodcross through AIM or AllIsBrawl/Smashboards will be most efficient if you have any concerns. On the day of the tournament calling me would be most efficient.

Schedule (approximates)

9:00 - Set Up / Enter the venue, Unrestricted friendlies / Socialization / Preparations for events
11:00 - Sign Up for Brawl Doubles
12:00 - Brawl Doubles Begin
2:00 - Brawl Doubles end/ Brawl Singles sign ups
3:00 - Brawl Singles Begin
7:00 - Sign up for Brawl Draft Crews (As Brawl Singles are finishing)
7:30 - Brawl Draft Crews Start / unrestricted friendlies
9:00 - (Approximate) End of tournament / Friendlies
10:00 - Game Zone closes

*Schedule is ALWAYS subject to change
*TV's will open up for friendlies as the tournament progresses.

Entry Fees

Brawl Singles- $10
Brawl Doubles- $5 per Person, $10 per Team
Brawl Draft Crews- $5 per person

All prizes will be paid in cash. $2 from singles will go towards paying for the venue.

•Prize pools (Singles)
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd-10%

•Prize Pools (Doubles)
1st-60%
2nd-30%
3rd-10%

•Prize Pools (Crews)
1st- Even Split
2nd- $0

*If less than 35 people enter singles, we're going to take a 20% cut from the pot from doubles as well. If more than 35, we'll only take 20% from the singles pot.
*Doubles will result in a 70-30 pot split between first and second if the number of team entries is less than 13.

Rules:
STOLEN from Ace because I'm lazy

• 3 Stock, 8 minute timer, items are set to "off" and "none," all matches are best 2 out of 3 with the exception of Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals (all to be played 3 out of 5)
• First game is double blind character, random stage.
• Second and third games, loser of the previous game picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character.
• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
• Stage Strike: Each person strikes two stages for the entire set. One neutral stage, one counterpick stage. The neutral can't be played on the first game, and the counterpick can't be used during the set. Consider the chosen neutral a counterpick stage, and the chosen counterpick a banned stage. You can Strike a nuetral twice(the first turns it into a counterpick, the second striking it from that list as well.)
• In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
• In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If a tie still occurs, play a one stock match in the same match-up, character-wise and stage-wise.
• Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
• If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
• You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
• Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
• Stalling is banned (The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 250% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.)
• Standing Infinites ARE BANNED, you must be traveling during CG's. Wall infinites, because there are no permawalled stages on is legal but is subject to the 250% stalling rule.(This rule is for clarification purposes. If you have an issue with me bring it up, I'm willing to reconsider this one. If swayed, but keep in mind there are no permenant walls, and the stages with walls can be banned, can be avoided. There are characters that can't be chain grabbed that can help you avoid the walls if need be.)
•Planking is a form of stalling and is banned. The 70 Ledge Grab Rule will be in effect, until the community as a whole comes up with a set number, we will make the limit 70 grabs. If the game ends with the time running out and your stats show that you went over 70 ledge grabs, you will automatically lose that round. If both people go over 70, then participating players Who ever has the highest stock and or lowest percentage on that stock will win. If both player have the same stock and percentage when the timer runs out, then a 1 stock rematch will occur.

Starters(Set to Random)
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter Picks
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Lylat Cruise
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise

All other stages are banned.

If I'll need help during the tournament, and GOD knows I will because GOD knows I'm lazy, then help a lazy turd out haha.

All thanks to Ron for handing me the offer of holding the tournament at Game Zone.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Holy dongs. I know that place. Okay me and Fatal will probably go. And I'll take 1st-3rd in one of the events.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I'll come if there's Melee to play.

Matt we need to redeem our double Falcon team.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Well I can't guarantee a Melee tournament but there's always the possibility of friendlies.

As for Doubles, I only want someone who will be willing to go Falcon the entire tournament ^_^ if not that's fine, I'll practice Samus in doubles some more.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Well I can't guarantee a Melee tournament but there's always the possibility of friendlies.

As for Doubles, I only want someone who will be willing to go Falcon the entire tournament ^_^ if not that's fine, I'll practice Samus in doubles some more.
I know there won't be a Melee tournament, I'm simply looking forward to playing friendlies while talking loudly about how terrible a game Brawl is.

Falcon and Samus? Two of the worst characters in Brawl? I hope you mean ZSS, at the very least.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E-bgCUFwIw

Falcon looks capable enough right there.

But seriously, Var, why the hate man? Even if a character's not good at least someone is having fun with them.
Really? This doesn't make much sense to me because playing Captain Falcon in Brawl makes me depressed when I think how bad of a character he is. Then I go play CF in Melee and everything is good again.

See this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Reubh68wwIc&feature=channel_page
They took away some qualities of Captain Falcon that just make me double-facepalm.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
I know there won't be a Melee tournament, I'm simply looking forward to playing friendlies while talking loudly about how terrible a game Brawl is.

Falcon and Samus? Two of the worst characters in Brawl? I hope you mean ZSS, at the very least.
No I do mean Samus, she's so good, if it wasn't for her floaty characteristics/slow fall speed she'd be mid-top ^_^ Falcon in all seriousness sucks, but I do see where you're coming from. Beast in Melee, to **** in Brawl, pretty depressing :(

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I'll know tomorrow morning 100% whether I can go or not. But I thought I would try asking if anyone is going who is close to Lawrence MA. I can drive a small distance to meet up with people. But I can't drive long ones because I get panic attacks while I am driving...

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
****, I might not be able to hold the fest Friday. Mom is saying she needs a break from all that stuff, plus a friend of mine is leaving for NY and there will be a party Friday for him which I found out about this morning.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
If you guys think more than 30 people will go let me know!!!!

bizkit let me get a ride son when you pick up noodles if you think the turnout will be decent XD

Top Bottom