• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game Underground Framingham smashfest revivial! Every Tuesday and Friday!

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
I wanted to let everybody know about this and wanted to get the old crew back up and running at GU. I copied this from a thread on shoryuken that LuckyD made so just giving credit where it's due. Now I hope to see everybody there!

It's BYOS-Bring your own stuff, this is how it was last time so I am going to keep it the same way. It may change but I will let everybody know when it happens.

Game Underground
1251 Worcester Road
Framingham
MA 01701

$5 venue fee
Store hours: 5pm-1am (or later)
LuckyD-I have keys to the store, and have the abillity to leave whenever I want. That usually means if people wanna play till the sun shines, so be it.

We're back!

SO for those who don't know, GameUniverse is back! The official name is now Game Underground, but its still your favorite fighting game venue :D

A little about us:
We started holding our gatherings last November (?) the week TGA (RIP) closed for a vacation. After the terrible incident occurred there, we've had fight night gatherings in Framingham for over a year. Gameunicon happened (ask for the sad details) and we were force to shut down. But now we're back! Jamie is now the 100% owner and I have been given permission to run fight nights every Tuesday and Friday like old times!

Before I rant on again I have to say this. TO ALL WHO HAVE GONE, BEEN, ATTENDED, SPENT MONEY, PLAYED FIGHTERS, WATCHED, DROVE/WALKED/SWAM/FLEW to GU THANK YOU. Everyone in this community is beyond awesome and I wouldn't host any of these fight nights if it weren't for the players support. Over the last year I have met so many new people and made some unbelievable friendships. Im blessed because people come from so far just to play, and I try my best to accommodate. And obviously if theres ever a problem, tell me ASAP. :D

What we play:

FIGHTERS! Obviously the game is SSF4 right now. But to be honest I'm open to anything. I would reccomend bringing another player if you wanna play the more obscure titles, or at the very least post before hand, but all fighters are welcomed. If you msg me before hand I'll also set it up in the afternoon.

We play on Viewsonics xbox 360 VGA mainly for super. We have a few ps3's on crt's too! I have one TE for each so if you dont have a stick theres no problem (but bring yours if you have one)

Thats pretty much the gist of fight nights in Framingham

And once again thank you to everyone whos been here or have said great things, thats the reason I still hold this!

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Hmm, interesting, I work in Framingham, but unfortunately dont have a car of my own, I dont think I can come to this unless I can hitch a ride home. What about the GU in Somerville? Will there be Smashfests there?

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, interesting, I work in Framingham, but unfortunately dont have a car of my own, I dont think I can come to this unless I can hitch a ride home. What about the GU in Somerville? Will there be Smashfests there?
I am not too sure to be honest but I will have the cordinator make a post in this thread and see if he's interested in having a smashfest night. These were really big before the whole issue with GU(GameUniverse) and I am hoping to have these up and running again real soon.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I can't go tonight, but if a few Smash bros. players are going to go Tuesday, I'll likely be there with my SFIV pals.

Btw, I play Brawl, 64, and some Melee. I would prefer 64/Brawl > Melee. I can't bring a Wii though, mine isn't working. :/

Also, would anyone play BlazBlue Continuum Shift?

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
Creo I would be willing to play BBCS and smash when you come to GU. I am usually their playing SF but when there is an oppertunity to play smash I'm down.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I reaaalllyyyyy want to go to this before college starts up again. Hopefully I'll find a day where I can actually take the car to go there.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
Okay, I still want to get to this tomorrow(tuesday). Is anyone going for sure with a Wii and Brawl?
*If I don't make it, it's likely because my ride bailed me btw.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
How is Melee at these events?

DCLXVI, Weapon X, and I will be keeping an eye on this. If enough people post interest, maybe we can get some Melee going at this again.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
How is Melee at these events?

DCLXVI, Weapon X, and I will be keeping an eye on this. If enough people post interest, maybe we can get some Melee going at this again.
There's only been some brawl players at the moment but hopefully that will change soon. The community needs to step up and show up when they can. This isn't going to get big on it's own so players need to put some work in.

WeaponBD

Smash Cadet
I'm going to bring the dazzle to record some matches, hopefully some people can get over there tonight. Post if you're gonna go.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
If a couple other melee people come I'll be there. I might just go for some SSF4, but the chances of me going increase with every melee player who shows up.

Also, maybe someone will teach me brawl? I haven't taken a look at the metagame since about a year after it came out and I wanna see if it interests me enough to get into it.

WeaponBD

Smash Cadet
I'm not going to go tonight now, but next Tuesday's fight night might be a good one to get melee people there for.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Somehow I think I'm not gonna be making this. Someone backed into my (really my dad's) car this morning, so I probably won't have access to it this evening. I'll know more later, but it looks doubtful ATM.

Prawn

Smash Master
i might go tomorrrrowww if i can find more brawl players

Top Bottom