• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game Play

CALOZ

Smash Apprentice
You sometimes abuse fsmash =/

use up b when you have the chance onstage .

SH pikmins

IllidR

Smash Champion
Pretty good video, your Olimar has great potential. One thing I've learned though is to just not try to interrupt MK's Up-B, so try to punish him afterwards rather than going for the spike and risking getting killed yourself.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Pretty good video, your Olimar has great potential. One thing I've learned though is to just not try to interrupt MK's Up-B, so try to punish him afterwards rather than going for the spike and risking getting killed yourself.

It's -so- worth doing it in friendlies though.
So worth it that I do it in tourney and can get in trouble for doing it because I always forget my pikmin hate me usually.

arcticwarfare

Smash Rookie
Maybe you have used his aerials a little more, even though MK can be absolutely nasty in the air. You did a good job of not challenging MK in speed, but waiting for him to come to you and punishing him for it with stronger attacks. It's a little more dangerous to get in-close with MK since your attacks are WAY slower than his, so trying keeping a little more space in-between to make your smashes more effective. Besides that, good Olimar.

I'm surprised your friend didn't use his normal special more or side-special more.

IllidR

Smash Champion
It's -so- worth doing it in friendlies though.
So worth it that I do it in tourney and can get in trouble for doing it because I always forget my pikmin hate me usually.
Haha, friendlies are a completely different game. Of course getting the spike off on a friend is so much more rewarding in a friendly match, I always try it against my friend's MK, but I try not to risk it in the competitive scene -As you said Pikmin are rebellious little *******s sometimes and won't listen.

asob4

Smash Champion
i saw on the first stock, you did an auto cancelled nair into jab when he was at high percents. you could have gotten the kill at that point.

generally, there was waaaayy too much rolling imo
any experienced player will see right through it and punish you

you need to get a little better with spacing as it is crucial to olimar's metagame.

decent looking olimar with some minor improvements needed
always good to see new oli's :D

+everything else everyone said

Iron Asian

Smash Rookie
You have a good Olimar and you timed the whistle good. The only thing is you could have killed MK on his last life by using the Purples in an Fmash instead of throwing them at him.

Tamoo

Smash Master
seems to me like u roll a bit too much, make sure you dont get too predictable in your gameplay otherwise other ppl can quickly develop a strategy to counter yours.

Fino

Smash Master
You guys are ridiculous. First off, he has a pretty good olimar, and all you people are just like "do this" "do that". I get the critiques and all, but some of them are just ********. Rolling too much -> if he's rolling too much he'd get punished for it imo. Pivot grabs... on an MK? maybe for mind games, but I wouldn't try it otherwise.
idk, just reading through the thread seeing lots of disrespect here.

Anyways, I thought you did pretty good. You mixed things up a bit, which is hard for some people to do. It's hard to give critiques on just 1 game, but I didn't see tilts (or at least don't remember).... but tilts on mk are meh. Your grab game was alright, but there's some room for improvement. Sometime you threw a pikmin and I was like NOES! GRAB! lol. Then again, goes back to mixing it up, so whatever works for you. I understand that it was friendlies and all, but don't try to spike mk. If you want to try, WAC a dair so that you don't get hit by his shuttle loop. I wish I had more, but I just kinda saw bits and piece of it (lol) and I don't want to repeat what others have said ^_^ .

~Fino

fishyz0911

Smash Rookie
Aight thanks Fino, good advice.

Ill try to put up another gameplay vid this week and im in the process of making a montage.

umm... a few things i've been incorporating since then was more SH, less spikes against MK, and just rly trying to keep my distance and play a smart game rather than trying to outdodge my opponent.

Tamoo

Smash Master
sounds good, olimar is all about spacing and knowing the trajectories and speed of your moves. Nyway, yeah it was a good olimar but dont worry about all the critiques on this thread. Each player has their own way of playing olimar so their just passing on sum of their knowledge of how they play olimar and what works for them, sum of the criticism will help you, others wont so just concentrate on the ones that will and you will improve.

Top Bottom