• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game On Monthly 1 Results 11/23/13

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
Though we ran a bit behind schedule yesterday, we still finished in a reasonable amount of time. For that, I'd like to extend thanks to Hilt and Hoboz, who helped me greatly throughout the day, as well as SP and Hael Phael, who also gave me a hand at times. Tentative date for the next monthly is December 21st, but we're not certain yet, so keep an eye out! Anyways, results.

Melee Singles:
Bracket Image: http://i.imgur.com/DV1z9cR.gif

1: Dr. X :foxmelee: ($26)
2: Earl :peachmelee: ($19)
3: Amida :jigglypuffmelee: ($13)
4: Broverdose :sheikmelee: ($7)
5: Ralph Cecil
5: Hilt
7: Twig
7: Rizner
9: Ogie
9: Hael Phael
9: Team Nick
9: Spec
13: A:G~

Brawl Doubles:
Bracket Image: http://i.imgur.com/3IXWBye.gif
1: Keroro Platoon (Kero and Amida) :olimar: + :snake: ($60, $30 per person)
2: A Gang of Scrafty (Judo and Spec) :shiek:/:metaknight: + :pikachu2: ($30, $15 per person)
3: Brawligators (Twig + Kryp) :wario: + :pit: ($10, $5 per person)
4: Ralph and Cecil (Ralph Cecil + Earl) :snake: + :rob:?
5: Ogiethan~ (A:G~ + Ogie)
5: Winona Lake (Hilt and Mister Eric) :olimar: + :rob:
7: Victorious Secret (Jfever + Adam)
7: Team Nick (Team Nick + Dr. X)
9: Dan and the Rizners (Rizner and Village Mascot)
9: Shonic was right (Hael Phael + Shadow the Past) :pikachu2: + :metaknight:

Brawl Singles:
Bracket Image: http://i.imgur.com/aAlA2Re.gif

1: Judo :sheik: ($92)
2: Kero :olimar: ($69)
3: Mister Eric :rob: ($46)
4: SP :metaknight: ($23)
5: Hilt :olimar:
5: Ralph Cecil :snake:
7: Shadow the Past :metaknight:
7: Twig :wario:
9: Sam :olimar:
9: Amida :snake:
9: Kryp :pit:
9: Spec :pikachu2:
13: A:G~ :metaknight:/:gw:
13: Hael Phael :pikachu2:
13: Team Nick
13: Calic :pikachu2:

Brawl Singles Amateur Bracket (Salt Bracket):
Bracket Image: http://i.imgur.com/R7baFux.gif

1: Rizner (a copy of Salt on DVD for the prize)
2: Ogie
3: Jfever
4: Sexy :snake:
5: Village Mascot
5: Adam
7: Windle
7: Nasty Level 9 Snake :snake:

Project M Singles:
Bracket Image: http://i.imgur.com/ljGLbHY.gif

1: Rizner :zelda: ($48)
2: Dr. X :lucas:/:wolf:/:fox: ($36)
3: Hoboz :bowser2: ($24)
4: Earl :peach: ($12)
5: Judo :squirtle:
5: Village Mascot :link2:
7: Ralph Cecil :sheik:
7: Spec :charizard:/:link2:
9: Team Nick
9: A:G~ :falco:
9: Ttar :sheik:
9: SP :metaknight:/:sheik:
If I missed you character, let me know and I'll fix it. Thanks again to everyone who came out, and we'll see you next time!

KERO

Smash Journeyman
As stated before, really well-run tourney, getting everything done before 12 and whatnot. Also, I used D3 against Judo twice as well as against Windle in pools for the whole set.

Shoutouts
1: Judo: Ggs, but I must point out something regarding our doubles sets: Pretty sure you jumped five times on that last stock

2: Kero: Should've entered PM, scrub.

3: Mister Eric: Beep! Good games. My hands were really sore afterward.... Your ICs are getting really scary (almost as much as your R.O.B.)

4: SP: Ggs, but I need to be up front: Delfino is a really good stage for Olimar. For future reference, a better CP would probably be Smashville or PS2.

5: Hilt: Great seeing you and Annet again. Ggs (lol Oli dittos), and good stuff taking first seed away from me. Looks like you're starting to get back into the game again at 5th place, but I'm not gonna let you take back that best Oli in Kentucky title.

5: Ralph Cecil: Good, very close, games. God your Snake is scary @_@ Ggs in doubles as well.

Castle Siege: Let's never fight again (This) <3

7: Shadow the Past: Ahh... we didn't get to talk, but great placing!

7: Twig: KP! Amazing stuff taking third in doubles with Kryp. I was surprised that you CP'd Ralph to Halberd, but you beat him there, so I guess you knew what you were doing. Good stuff beating Spec as well. Regardless of all that, though, Carbink is useless. Please... please don't put it on your team. If you really want dual screens, use Meowstic, and if you like hazards with it, use Klefki.

My Pikmin line-ups: Why were you never ridiculous after pools?

9: Sam: Idk if you even have an account here, but you're definitely getting a lot better. Soon, you'll be up there in those top five spots.

9: Amida: KP yeeeaah! Thank you for carrying me through doubles. Sorry to hear that you were having an off-day, but good stuff getting third in Melee. I'm really surprised that you were able to switch so comfortably between Melee, 64, and Brawl. I should definitely visit you again sometime.

9: Kryp: Ggs and great stuff beating KP in doubles. Sorry that we couldn't get to do our mm, though. Still great seeing Richmond again; I really need to go back at some point.

Potato Car: Whyyyyyyyyy? I thought we were friends D:

9: Spec: Thanks for being the level-headed half of the Scrafty gang.

13: A:G Squiggle: Ggs. Sorry for the lack-luster friendlies. It sucks that you had to play two Olis in a row, though :/

13: Hael Phael: KP! Ggs. Your Pika is starting to get really good. That Wario Ware match was... scarily close to be honest.

13: Calic: Good seeing you again, but... wow... wife and kid.... Guess time has kinda moved faster than I thought, haha.

5: Adam: Sorry that I didn't have a Sturdy Avalugg.

7: Windle: Ggs. Your Olimar needs some improvement, but I'm glad to see another Oli in KY. It was great talking with you. If you ever need more advice, just contact Hilt or me.

TTar: It was nice talking to you, and you ran this tourney really well! Also, should definitely have done this before, but the end of Chatter's description states, "This confuses the opponent." So... I guess Chatter is the new Dynamic Punch, with the most limited distribution possible. Also, not tourney related, but I had the best possible luck with hatching today: neither parent had a Timid nature and one only had four good IVs while the other only had two, but I managed to get a Timid Anticipation 5 IV Eevee =P

Anyway, fun tourney; glad I got to see you guys again.

DON'T FORGET TO POST YOUR RESULTS HERE: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-official-kentucky-brawl-pr.326324/page-29#post-16036726
EVERYONE INTERESTED HAS THREE DAYS TO DO SO.

Btw, if anyone wants a match posted, I have some saved on my Wii (the one with hacked music and the SAVE REPLAY in the background of the results screen).

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
1: Judo :sheik: ($92) - YOOOOOOOOO that 9 hammer doe. Lol but ggs in pools. A little salty I had to play you in pools second time in a row, I really wanted that first seed :denzel:
2: Kero :olimar: ($69) - Didn't play :(
3: Mister Eric :rob: ($46) - Thanks for the housing, always fun traveling with you. You better not be sandbagging in our friendlies or you're gunna make me think I'm better than I actually am :B lol
4: SP :metaknight: ($23) - Gg in our friendly/warm-up lol, MM next time? ;)
5: Hilt :olimar: - Gg's in bracket, tough Olimar. I suppose I should've thought more about my CP but Delfino's never truly failed me before so I didn't see a reason to stray from it lol. Also kinda botched myself in the striking and wound up on Yoshi's lol but whatevs. Next time though.
5: Ralph Cecil :snake: - teach me your ways
7: Shadow the Past :metaknight: - such improve. so amaze. wow.
7: Twig :wario: - Gg's in our money match. After that first waft game 3 I knew I wasn't coming back lol.
9: Sam :olimar: - Gg's in pools. Stop jumping so much, it's very predictable and gives me a free nado ;)
9: Amida :snake: - upb
9: Kryp :pit: - I think we played like half a friendly lol but had fun talking with you and Twig during bracket.
9: Spec :pikachu2: - Gg's in bracket, I really wanted that game 1 doe :( I panicked during the dsmash and didn't sdi at all lol.
13: A:G~ :metaknight:/:gw: - I don't think we actually played each other surprisingly lol
13: Hael Phael :pikachu2: - Gg's in bracket and had fun travelling with you. Dat canes chick tho...
13: Team Nick - Didn't play :(
13: Calic :pikachu2: - Didn't play :(

1: Rizner (a copy of Salt on DVD for the prize) - Didn't play :(
2: Ogie - Gg's in our MM and pools. I know you were expecting to beat me after our MM, and idk how to say this without sounding conceited, but I really wasn't in the groove yet during our MM. I had Canes before pools, so a good meal goes a long way I suppose lol. You weren't playing any different in our sets, I just was more focused and adjusted, I think.
3: Jfever - Thanks for coming
4: Sexy :snake: - Didn't play :(
5: Village Mascot - Gg's in pools, sorry I went MK against you ;)
5: Adam - Thanks for coming
7: Windle - Didn't play :(

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I would have won Melee, Project M, and gotten somewhere between 1st-9th in Brawl.

Know that your accomplishments only exist due to the whims of Overswarm.

jfever64

Smash Rookie
I played snake and pikachu. And victorious secret was snake and Lucas. This was fun, ill try to be here next month

Brittleorgans

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0946-3139-5325
Gotta love these smoothly ran tournaments

1. Judo - You're just lucky our doubles matches were best of 5. For real though good games and too many character switches.

2. Kero - That's why you're leader frog. I'm gonna run Carbink anyways mwahaha!

3. Mister Eric - After that wifi crew battle idk if I can ever trust a robot again

4. SP - I wish I had more SP in my life

5. Hilt - You got the swag

5. Ralph Cecil - I think from the last time I played you I learned a bunch about the MU which is to run most of the time and have some good luck

7. Shadow the Past - If we count the MM we're 1-1 now. That's how you make a rivalry status

7. Twig - Next time you should time everybody out

9. Sam - I guess we'll have to play next time :|

9. Amida - Utilt so broke

9. Kryp - Next time we team hopefully we don't have to blow it off for so long and then just drop the ball hardcore

9. Spec - That MU really seems to come down to a patience thing if Wario wants it to also how I dodged that infinite idk

13. A:G - That's right NO SQUIGGLE COME AT ME

13. Hael Phael - "Let's play friendlies" all of my nope

13. Team Nick - Not sure if we played

13. Calic - Good games always love getting to play different people

Rizner - I saw you at Shuffle and we got to play this time rough that you didn't make it out of pools though
Ogie - Pools at the playroom just don't do you well
Jfever - You play like a chump you think you can be in a crew?!
Sexy - Going MK on me was very intimidating so I went in playing hard got to play on Lylat too
Village mascot - Sorry I missed out on you
Adam - So much street pass but no sturdy avalugg sorry idk how to deal with that for you either
Windle - Window win win dow wiiiiin

Earl - Wow getting a shout-out all by yourself. Are you trying to play P:M or Melee more? Next time I'll play you pick any game :happysheep:

Sorry to everybody for all the public farting das r00d

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
1: Judo: Good seeing you again. Let's hang out sometime, we both live in Louisville now!
2: Kero: Yeah, I'm starting to get the hang of this again. Good games to you as well. I don't plan on aiming for any titles, haha. Not in this game, at least. It's just a matter of practice.
3: Mister Eric: Enjoyed teaming in doubles, always do. Sorry for not pulling through in the clutch comeback as well as getting knocked off balance in the later games and losing early stocks. I do enjoy the Olimar/Rob combo and think we could do really well if we work on it, and if I shake off the rust/practice enough beforehand. But those are things that will take time and tournaments, so feel free to team with whoever if it's gonna make you dat $$$$
4: SP: Good set as always. I do always enjoy playing you, and we'll probably end up playing again next tournament like every other time, haha. If not, we'll have to get a money match in just to keep up routine. I'm starting to want to get good at this game again.
5: Hilt: Yeah, sure.
5: Ralph Cecil: All of our conversations are in code!
7: Shadow the Past: Yeah Delfino's really hit and miss for MKs against Olimars. If it isn't someone who's played the hell out of it, then yeah, it's a safe pick. Sharking and all that. Enjoyed our set, though.
7: Twig: We didn't play this time actually, strange. Nice beard.
9: Sam: Always a pleasure. was bummed at first when I thought you weren't gonna show, haha. Also this is a message from Eric: Post your PR results in the PR results thread! That or let someone know how we can contact you, haha. Anyways, like I was telling you after our match, I really like your Olimar, you have an interesting close range game that you don't see often. I need to remember to watch some of your matches against others, since I can only remember seeing how it fairs against, well, Olimar. Haha.
9: Amida: Just say when, guy!
9: Kryp: You gave me a hell of a time in pools, I was really worried in our match. You're a lot better at spacing than your every day meta knight. Not being able to punish glide attack with usmash oos was really getting to me, haha. Good games, though, keep it up.
9: Spec: Glad you made it out and entered, even if you don't like Brawl. Haha.
13: A:G~: Good games in Melee we totally play that game irl
13: Hael Phael: You'll never get a DDD mm out of me nowwwwww!!
13: Team Nick: Best name! Hahaha
13: Calic: Yeeaahhhh!

1: Rizner: You all were really chill, hope you guys make it to the Louisville tournament coming up.
2: Ogie: Why can't I place a face to the naaame?
3: Jfever: Good games, man, you were pretty chill. Hope you make it out to Louisville.
4: HotshotNidaleeGG: Nothing more needs to be said.
5: Village Mascot: We didn't play actually, at least I don't think .-. It was good meeting you all, though. Glad you guys made it.
5: Adam: Why don't you have a taaaag
7: Windle: Good set in pools, stick with it, man. You'll break the uthrow habit soon enough. Hoping to see you in Louisville if you come with Richmond.
7: Nasty Level 9 Snake: mah *****

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
Brief shoutouts because I'm lazy

KY players: Love you all (no homo), was fun to hang out with you. Keep it up, and come out to the next event!
OH players: You all are fun to hang out with, love having you guys come out to these. We'll work on stepping up our P:M game next time!
My job: For making me miss doubles

Also, I'll make the announcement here as well: This is your last day to post results from this tourney in the PR thread. Here's the PR thread, if you need help just let me or any of the other panelists know:

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-official-kentucky-brawl-pr.326324/

Rizner

Smash Ace
Semi-super-late-shoutouts. I might forget a lot of names and stuff so I apologize in advance. Let's see here...

Oh, by the way, I used Kirby in Melee and Brawl.

Hilt -- good meeting you. I'll be sure to make it on the 14th.
Judo -- I want to play against your Shiek. I played Ed a bunch a while back and would be curious to see how I match up against yours.
Amida -- good matches in 64. Hopefully we can play more and I can be less rusty/bad/maybe win some matches
Hael -- didn't know you lived down in Kentucky. Good seeing you again and hopefully we get to play some next time
Hoboz -- was fun playing PM. We should play more friendlies if we have time in the future.
Ogie -- really fun matches in the amateur bracket. Next time, let's play in grand finals of the real bracket?
To those who went to Denny's after -- good times and good hanging out.

For those in my pool -- good games. I think BrittleOrgans is the wario which might also be Twig? Either way, was fun playing you and it's ok I didn't make it out -- hadn't played too much brawl leading up to the tournament and I'm happy with how I did while switching between games (64, melee, pm, brawl). Next time I need to figure out how to not let you run around and recharge during the match, lol.

Ed: Oh, hi there.

SoulPech and Overswarm: You guys should have come. Was good times.

Dr. X + Team Nick + Village Mascot -- good stuff TNC. Looking forward to the trip on the 14th.

For everyone else: Greetings.

Overall it was a well run tournament in a nice venue with cool people. Was a good time and I'm looking forward to the next one. See you all then.

Top Bottom