• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game of the Year?!?!

Rager

Smash Rookie
Know I know it is thinking a little much, being that SSBB has not even come out yet, but what do you all think. Will SSBB brawl be game of the year?!?! If yes why, if no what will and why not??

Habanero Pepper

Smash Apprentice
too early to tell. for all we know FFXIII Versus could be better than Halo in terms of multi player(though I doubt it). Starcraft 2 is also a good possibility. I mean when it was announced Korea had a parrade for it.

ALFET

Smash Cadet
You have to consider the fact that 2008 is going to be a GOOD year for gaming.

Call of Duty 4, Gears of War 2 will be dropping out this year, Devil May Cry 4 came out, Metal Gear Solid 4 is releasing this year, Brawl is inching towards the throne, but it'll have heavy competition this year.

Lantz

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to put my money on it being a nominee, but in the end won't be Game of the Year.

rove

Smash Apprentice
The smash series never had alot of people who knew what it was.
Only because it was on a not so popular(meaning many people didnt buy it) system.
But now, since smash is on wii, and wii is one of the top consoles out so far.
People are starting to take notice of it.
A reason could be because, lets face it, the wii doesnt have that many hardcore games, and there are alot of hardcore gamers and got disapointed by what wii had to offer.
But now, here comes a hardcore game!
Well see what will happen in a couple months after the USA release

Chrnocide

Smash Apprentice
Two most anticipated games of 2008 were Brawl and MGS4... so let's see what happens.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The game of the year is probably going to be some stupid game for a system I don't have in a series I don't bother playing

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
It could be, but it propably won´t. I haven´t seen many games others than FPS or action getting the game of the year title...

But at least it should get the best multiplayer, fighter and soundrack rewards imo.

2L84U

Smash Journeyman
Maybe that's the reason they hold up the PAL release : so more people will remember it at the end of the year.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
I really want it to but there are going to be sooo many ridiculously good games coming out this year.

Spartan1841

Smash Journeyman
YES! I hope it does
Brawl is obviously better than mgs4 halo3 ff13, Most fans of those games are in denial that brawl has more stuff and is better
The thing is that since brawl has so many modes and stuff added and a lot of effort was put in it it just has to be goty IMO

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Brawl probably won't win due mainly to it's Genre. Fighting games are never viewed very well on the Academy of Interactive Arts and Science game of the year. My guess is either spore or MGS 4. Spore's innovation and creativity will really help it.

Evelgest

Smash Apprentice
Too many good games being released this year. SSBB most likely will be a runner-up imo.

Kifferz

Smash Rookie
although brawl is going to be great, other games like Gears of war 2, Halo wars, and any other random games that'll come out at the end of the year are going to blow it away. Brawl won't get GOTY

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
It might become game of the year but seems like lots of people done even know about the game, that would be the only reason that it might not. To us it is the game of the year since we are veterians.

Luteyi

Smash Apprentice
Won't be. Might be close, but theres potential solid games it has to compete with as well arriving throughout the year.

Top Bottom