• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[GAME] If Nintendo Bought an IP What Would Be Your Number 1 Pick?

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
Two words Deus Ex.

Nintendo need a stealth game, and the Deus Ex series has quite an in-depth universe. Honestly Deus Ex would fit in the Nintendo Universe. And Imagine playing Adam Jensen in Super Smash Bros. I also think Nintendo need more Western-looking games in their catalog.

The Dom Bomb

Smash Rookie
That's a toss up between Mega Man and Final Fantasy. Both were incredible on Nintendo platforms and got gradually worse on other systems (not bashing later FF's and MM's. FF7 and MM X5 are among my faves, but we can't deny that the quality of both franchises has significantly dropped.) I believe having either one of these IP's would make Nintendo's already legendary lineup even more impressive, and a Wii U entry (MMX9 or some sort of FF, maybe a new 7 or a 10-3) in either series would sell like crazy!

finalark

SNORLAX
I don't think I could just pick one. I would like to see them breath new life into a number of dormant IPs. Breath of Fire, Chrono, Mana or hell, any of SEGA's numerous forgotten series. I would love to see a new Skies of Arcadia, Jet Set Radio or Panzer Dragoon.

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
Mega Man. Someone needs to do it, it'd be in great hands, and if they market it right he can really ride the SSB4 hype train.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
This thread makes me laugh because I highly doubt Nintendo would do anything to improve any of these series. They'll most likely be like Activision and just leave the mentioned series to rot for several years.

But since I'm posting here, I might as well humor the OP. I wouldn't mind seeing Nintendo buy the Sonic series because Sega these days have no idea what direction to take the series to. But tbh, I highly doubt Nintendo will do any better if they did buy the series.

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
They need to buy sonic from sega.
Do them a favor and put your old rival to rest, with games like boom, 06, and all those sub par wii games. Also mega-man.

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
This thread makes me laugh because I highly doubt Nintendo would do anything to improve any of these series. They'll most likely be like Activision and just leave the mentioned series to rot for several years.
Very good point, but I do think some developers from Nintendo put a lot of effort and "love" into their games, when you compare what SEGA are doing to Sonic or Square are doing to Final Fantasy (that might change after XV).

They need to buy sonic from sega.
Do them a favor and put your old rival to rest, with games like boom, 06, and all those sub par wii games.
If Nintendo ever do own the Sonic IP, we might have a chance of seeing Chao Gardens again, which in my opinion was the best element of the 3D games.

Another IP I forgot to mention is the Enslaved series (if we ever see a sequel). Once again it would be more interesting to see it made with Ninja Theory. But Odyssey to the West has a lot of character (which Nintendo normally does well), and it shouldn't be such a let-down like Other M.

Edit: Moderators I think this belongs in NintenZone. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Banjo-Kazooie.

That series needs to come back to Nintendo. I always use to want Banjo to be in the Super Smash Bros. series.

Last edited:

Cthulhu_MD

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LordGouda
3DS FC
3179-6069-0553
Monster Hunter.

With how great Nintendo and Capcom have been with those games being on their systems, it would be an amazing investment.

Ola

Smash Rookie
Meteos.

It's on XBL marketplace now, but it doesn't handle nearly as well as it did with touch controls. The version released for the DS had no wi-fi connectivity, either. IMO that's a missed opportunity for a fun, addictive, puzzle-ish game.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Jame's Bond 007 franchise.

Started off as a Nintendo franchise, done great things in the beginning before being brought out by AAA companies, most success and respect it has by both devs and fans were on the Nintendo system. Rumour has it that Activision has chucked it out to die after milking it beyond redemption, and is selling the rights to the franchise.

So badly wish Nintendo would buy it out while it has the chance.

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
Mega Man or Sonic. Both of these are IPs that I think have amazing potential just like they used to, but it just hasn't been put to full use.

That and I just really want to be able to look forward to Sonic games without worrying. I loved Colors and Generations, so it isn't all bad, but..Boom. Sheesh, it hurts knowing a favorite series of mine is hit or miss terrible and strike out all at once.

Duzerp

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0189-9883-4169
I think they should look at lesser known IPs or just create some new ones.
Sonic for sure would benefit from being acquired by Nintendo, except he is sort of Sega's mascot.

Last edited:

Reggie Amiibo

Smash Cadet
NNID
SpadgerBadger
3DS FC
5472-6503-9144
It has to be Mega Man. His fans tend to be the people who buy Nintendo. And there is demand for him to get another game. Capcom doesn't appear to have any plans for him. Nintendo seems to like him more than Capcom themselves. :4megaman:

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
Banjo Kazooie, or better yet, the entirety of Rareware. I want the golden days back.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Mega Man obviously
There were several subseries that were exclusive to Nintendo consoles too after all! He feels like a Nintendo character imo

Monster Hunter would be cool too, but I imagine how neat it would be on Vita, so having it only exclusive for Nintendo makes me ponder about that a bit.

Maybe Shin Megami Tensei as well.

MorgLikesGames

Smash Rookie
NNID
MorgLikesGames
3DS FC
1891-1668-7887
At this point Nintendo should just buy the Mega Man IP, for one Capcom cancelled both of his games that were to revive the series, secondly the creator made a spiritual successor and everyone is getting it.

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
Crash Bandicoot for sure. It'd be an insult to Sony fans but Crash is probably better off in the hands of Nintendo than Activi$ion. Plus he'd actually have a shot in smash.

Runners-up would be Banjo-Kazooie, Spyro, Conker, & Megaman (there are probably many others that I can't think of right now)

Last edited:

ShionKaito438

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SK#378
NNID
ShionKaito438
MEGAMAN!!!! It's a no-brainer!

Although, I would love to see 'tendo buy back Rareware and obtain all their IPs.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
If Nintendo were to ever buy an IP, it'd have to be the obvious choice of Rayman; I mean, Ubisoft's not doing a goddamn thing with the IP anymore; it's been nearly a year and a half since the last game in the series, and since Ubisoft is sitting on it's cash cow Assassin's Creed for the next eternity, they may as well just let Nintendo have Rayman. :p

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Banjo needs another goddamn game

Buy the rights, hire old rare guys

BAM

eytnh

Smash Rookie
I second all the people who want Nintendo to get Banjo back. Microsoft hasn't anything recently with what used to be Rare, anyway, except stick a neutered Conker in Project Spark, so maybe if Nintendo got the A-team from Rare to make a new Banjo game I can die happy.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
My personal favorite choices would be Banjo Kazooie and Shovel Knight.
Megaman is another clearly sensible pick.

Ipskies

Smash Rookie
Besides the obvious Sonic/Mega Man/Ray Man choices, I think Nintendo could do a lot with the Castlevania franchise. Konami really isn't doing the series any favors tbh.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I've never thought about this before, and there are so many games IPs that would be cool for Nintendo to buy, whether it's Sonic, Final Fantasy, Bayonetta, Banjo-Kazooie, etc.

If I had to pick one, and only one, I'd probably go with Sonic, only because Sega seems to be all over the place with that series, and I feel if Nintendo owned the blue hedgehog, they'd know what to do with him and how well to treat his games.

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
If you can't tell from my signature I'm on team Banjo-Kazooie all the way. Their games was something my siblings and I had in common. Nintendo could do a lot of justice to this classic platformer

D

Deleted member 269706

Aw ****, this is actually a really good question...I think for me, Banjo Kazooie is the big name I would want. I remember playing that on my N64 years ago, and always having a great time with it! The game was just so ridiculous but entertaining. The music will never be forgotten, and the creativity will be an inspiration for years. I know that it was RARE who originally designed it, but if there's one company who could fix the series, it'd be Nintendo.

Honorable mentions go to Mega Man, Metal Gear Solid, and Final Fantasy.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I won't trust Nintendo with someone else's IP until they stop abandoning their own.

Top Bottom