• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game freezes when I start a battle.

DemonPants

Smash Rookie
I'm using the hacked Wii method of Gecko OS to launch the game. Everything works fine until I start a battle. I've been changing the rules to 3 stock, no score display, no items (both turning them all off and setting the frequency to none). I also have been trying to play as Zero Suit Samus with three cpus as random characters at level 5. I've been trying to play on Battlefield. Once the countdown at the beginning gets to the fight mark the game freezes. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there something I'm doing wrong? Also the menus don't always use the Project M versions. Sometimes I get the Project menus and sometimes I get the regular Brawl menus.

Edit: Also I am using a 2GB micro SD with SD card Adapter. It's a PNY card if that means anything.

Edit 2: I just saw the other thread that is pretty much the same problem as what I'm having. I'm sorry for posting this without realizing. Please delete this post and I will post my problem in the other thread.

Edit 3: I managed to get the game to launch with Riivolution. I have another problem but this is not the place for it so I will make a new topic if needed.

theaero

Smash Rookie
This is the exact same problem I am happening. As soon as the countdown gets to "fight" the game freezes and the wii needs to be manually turned off/on.

Top Bottom