• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game does not start

ftLemonPie

Smash Rookie
Hi,
I followed the instalation (hackless WII ZIP full set) on a 2 GB micro SD.
I deleted all the costum stages on my wii (and formatted the SD).
When I start the game up and go to stage builder nothing happens, i can just make a new stage.
What do I do wrong?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Do you have the /private/ folder?

You should have /private/wii/app/RSBE/st/st_####.bin

Is the SD card formatted as FAT? If not, it won't work.

ftLemonPie

Smash Rookie
Do you have the /private/ folder?

You should have /private/wii/app/RSBE/st/st_####.bin

Is the SD card formatted as FAT? If not, it won't work.
Yep, both the folder as the type are ok. Some 1 told me micro SD cause the problem, but i have no idea why.

ftLemonPie

Smash Rookie
I think it is a compatible problem. I dont think the WII sees the SD, and it is 1.8gig (when checking the SD properties and formatting it said this) and check the troubleshooting guide :)

ftLemonPie

Smash Rookie
I bought a new 1 gig SD card, but still it wont work. I have no clue why. it is a European Wii, i deleted all my stages, I disconected my wii from the internet. Still no clue.

I see that my SD does not have the Background file (and i dont know about which instalation, i just downloaded it and unzipped it to the SD)

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
That would be the problem. A European Wii is a "PAL" Wii. You need an NTSC-U (North America) Wii for Project M to work. I don't recall if it works on NTSC-J (Japan), but I know for a fact that Project M is not PAL-compatible.
There is a separate download available for Japanese users. also it is possible to get PM to run on a PAL Wii - as long as you have access to an NTSC-U copy of Brawl and the Homebrew Channel, you can run the PM loader just the same as on a US Wii, and the game will run.

ftLemonPie

Smash Rookie
ok, ty for the explenation. I really hope they make a PAL competeble project M, since I also have an european SSBB.

Top Bottom