• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Galaxy lag issues

Battlecow

Play to Win
Sarcasm ? :dizzy:
No, I honestly thought it was good. It warmed my little heart to see someone put that much effort into the solving of someone else's ping problem. Then I kind of felt sad that it was gonna be unused, so I congratulated you on how good the advice was.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
im pretty sure galaxy does lag. I play on galaxy then i play on godweapons and the lag is noticeably less on gw than galaxy.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Actually, I've always been a proponent of galaxy, but today when I was playing sheer, we were getting pretty bad lag (the lagstat indicated that it was his fault) and when we moved to WWL everything was cool. I'm not a tech guy, so I don't have an explanation for why this happened, but in the future, I will be advising people to try another server if they lag.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Actually, I've always been a proponent of galaxy, but today when I was playing sheer, we were getting pretty bad lag (the lagstat indicated that it was his fault) and when we moved to WWL everything was cool. I'm not a tech guy, so I don't have an explanation for why this happened, but in the future, I will be advising people to try another server if they lag.
do you remember what was the current number of people in the server? my guess would be that you were playing during galaxy 64's peak hours.

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
I guessing the lag is coming from the lack of bandwidth Galaxy 64 needs. The more people the more bandwidth is being taken up. I live in New York where the server is hosted, but if you live somewhere on the far West without a doubt your gonna have some lag.

EDIT: Like Battlecow said, switch servers and see if that helps

firo

Smash Ace
Bandwidth issues are not the cause of lag on any emulinker server. The issue is congestion and traffic either on the way or coming from the server. There is a reason why there are 150 slots. Switching servers will change the path the connection makes which effects the results.

Yesterday was an exception - the server was legitimately messed up. However the guys at the hosting company reset some stuff and it has been resolved.

EDIT: Apparently not - things have been wacky the past few days. Sorry for the trouble as things are getting back in line.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
firo, I think I've never seen lag the old EGX as much as Galaxy64 does, but its maybe because now everyone uses Excellent connection instead of Good, which can probably make the server have more trouble.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Galaxy doesn't lag, people do.

Except for days like yesterday...
Normally I'd be on your side there, but the same thing happened again today (I was teaming with boom and Mahie and Fynal, and it lagged on Galaxy but not on WWL for some reason). I'm not saying it's anyone's fault, I'm just stating facts.

Galaxy's still my favorite server and all.

Korrupshen

Smash Ace
Bandwidth issues are not the cause of lag on any emulinker server. The issue is congestion and traffic either on the way or coming from the server. There is a reason why there are 150 slots. Switching servers will change the path the connection makes which effects the results.

Yesterday was an exception - the server was legitimately messed up. However the guys at the hosting company reset some stuff and it has been resolved.

EDIT: Apparently not - things have been wacky the past few days. Sorry for the trouble as things are getting back in line.
Hmmm.....I see....

Top Bottom