• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Galaxy 64 ladder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Smasher, you can challenge up to two spots above you. Just look at the rankings on the first post, pick someone who is up to two spots above you (and not in a challenge... challenges are noted by colours), then challenge that person. Challenging "everyone" won't get you anywhere.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
have i told you guys that i'm gonna visit australia some day?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Well... why not join a world ladder? That way, you can compare yourselves to non-Aussies. Sure it may lag... but it lets you play other people who you would otherwise not normally be able to play against.

@ near:

when are you available during the week? I'll be busy tomorrow (Sunday), so we'll have to do it during the week.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Well... I guess as far as vacations are concerned, vacationed people will be put as black, meaning they are still in that spot when they come back, but other people can challenge up to two non-black spots above (so in your case B Link, you can challenge the person two above you or three above you). That way, if someone goes on vacation, they are not instantly at the bottom, and people can still challenge people. Vacationed people will still drop if someone below them beats someone above them.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Koro- do you have your **** together, or are you still lagging? If you agree not to lag, I'll challenge you.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Well... I guess as far as vacations are concerned, vacationed people will be put as black, meaning they are still in that spot when they come back, but other people can challenge up to two non-black spots above (so in your case B Link, you can challenge the person two above you or three above you). That way, if someone goes on vacation, they are not instantly at the bottom, and people can still challenge people. Vacationed people will still drop if someone below them beats someone above them.
I would say that the #1 on the ladder shouldn't be allowed to go on "vacation", because then he can hold the #1 spot forever since there isn't anybody above him to challenge.

Also, in case the "World" ladder is actually going to happen, I changed my mind, I ain't doin' that bizwiz.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
kro vs ciaza lol

People on world ladders don't appreciate p2ping with a little island in the middle of nowhere :|

I'd join one, but I would probs only get acceptable delay (by that I mean less than 7) vs west coast US/Canada and South America. Even then it would be a trial.

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
How does this ladder work, Shouldn't everyone start from bottom and go up? wtf man, im quitting this ******** tournament.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Everyone was ranked randomly. New people get added to the bottom.

You challenge up to two spots above you. If you win, you get their spot. That is how you rise up the ladder.

Also, Zelda, gav is already in a challenge (he challenged B Link). You can see who is already in a challenge by the colour coding (normal colour means they are free to be challenged).

The only person you can challenge at the moment is smasher... unless he's dropping out.

Near! I was on galaxy several times, and you either weren't there, or had a chat opened but you weren't at the computer (or your computer crashed). I think I have you on msn... so why don't we use that to set our match :p

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
Everyone was ranked randomly. New people get added to the bottom.

You challenge up to two spots above you. If you win, you get their spot. That is how you rise up the ladder.

Also, Zelda, gav is already in a challenge (he challenged B Link). You can see who is already in a challenge by the colour coding (normal colour means they are free to be challenged).

The only person you can challenge at the moment is smasher... unless he's dropping out.

Near! I was on galaxy several times, and you either weren't there, or had a chat opened but you weren't at the computer (or your computer crashed). I think I have you on msn... so why don't we use that to set our match :p
I want to challenge top because im above all those noobs.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Koro cannot play without lagging. I refuse to play in a herkyjerk 45 fps, as will most of the people on this ladder. I've got nothing personal against him, but I think you should disqualify him until such time as he gets his non-laggy computer back, because it's not fair for us to have to sit around below someone who we can't challenge. At any rate, I withdraw my challenge to him.

Edit: bleh my bad. Disregard the previous message.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
^^^ Uhh What the f***. I posted to you that my other computer does not lag at all on private messages since your profile is not open for normal messages (Why is it not open?).

And what do you mean "Herkey jerkey" type 45 fps.
My connection on the wireless computer is 60 fps with occasional (as in once every 7-10 seconds) lag spikes that last almost 1-3 second each.

I posted in private messages since you do that you can ask Nintendude and it was 60 fps consistantly with I think either 2 frames or 1 frame of delay. My connection on the other computer is completely lag-free as it is non wireless. I don't have even close to a bad connection.

BTW:
The last time we played we had to play on the other connection since you stated yourself that you would not mind the connection since we had to get it over with. I said at the beginning: This connection is a wireless connection, it will occasionally lag. I told you that I could go on the other cpu at another time and we would have a lag-free connection. You insisted for us to play and literally said: I don't care at all.

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
Koro cannot play without lagging. I refuse to play in a herkyjerk 45 fps, as will most of the people on this ladder. I've got nothing personal against him, but I think you should disqualify him until such time as he gets his non-laggy computer back, because it's not fair for us to have to sit around below someone who we can't challenge. At any rate, I withdraw my challenge to him.

You withdraw because koro would destroy you and make you look like worse then what you think of your self to be. DQ'ing someone is this type of ladder is pointless, Just do not allow anyone to challenge them until they can play fine.

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
I challenge B link, To make it a bit fair for a smash lord at my level, Ill play with 1 stock, he has 5. Alright, I'm on the server called Smasherx74's SSB64 Sever sense Sonic cage dome and west wonder land also have me banned.

DMoogle

A$
OK just withdraw me from the ladder please, I haven't really been interested in SSB lately.

I'll probably get back into it in a few weeks or months.

Sorry for holding up some of you guys.

Battlecow

Play to Win
*Ignores Smasher*

Koro- I got the impression from a PM you sent me that you could only play on your laptop, which would lag. If you can play on your other computer, there's no problem at all and we're all good. A thousand apologies for pissing you off, it was a simple misunderstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom