• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gainesville Florida Smash and Heroes Of Newerth Chit-Chat

Flamin Roy

Smash Ace
hehe team 1$ tourny if so of course its gonna be me and nica teaming right?
i'll try to force jhonny to come to this he may be our ride
@raph
the ride shouldn't be that long we could all hitch a ride with some one and gas will be cheapish depending on how many ppl are in the car

Renth

Smash Hero
lol you guys have enough ppl to give second and third money, thats cool, we do winner takes all

too bad even with all your seeding points raphael still beasts you all =)
I like Raph a lot, however I've been hearing too many people talk him up lately. Relax on it.

<3 Raph.

well imma drop by to see you eventualy you better have gotten better man.

renth is the man
Thanks, again can't wait to meet you and your friends. Give Raph my best.

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
I plan on still making it. Patrick is busy some part of the night with an award ceremony... Jav probably isn't going b/c of a quiz/test. That's what I know on this end

KeeLime

Smash Rookie
I'll go if there are going to be atleast some people here.... I only live like 20mins away.

Renth

Smash Hero
I'll go if there are going to be atleast some people here.... I only live like 20mins away.
Yes come, feel free. only people I assume aren't coming is - Harriet the guy, Raistlin, and Blade of apollo, and Mooney.

Remeber to Always Bring Set-ups!

Renth

Smash Hero
hey if every thing goes right maybe most of sfl may come to this as a replacement to our $1 tourny just once though >.>
It'll be more than once, I'm sure you all will come back every once in awhile. I already know about the SFL kiddies plan I'm trying to keep up to date with Nicaboy so your guys' trip doesn't end up ****ty

Renth

Smash Hero
Is SFL coming today or in 2 weeks, im so confused.?
Time to clear up some confusion because i've been asked this a few times.

SFL is not coming today, they're coming November 6th they have a thread about their trip you could just look at. Who knew these $1s would get popular we got SFL and Tampa Interested.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Yes come, feel free. only people I assume aren't coming is - Harriet the guy, Raistlin, and Blade of apollo, and Mooney.

Remeber to Always Bring Set-ups!
So basically all the good people, is what I'm seein'

oooooooooooooooooooooh snap that just happened

Raistlin

Smash Lord
I have them. I was unable to go to the smash thing friday though. Maybe next week.

Renth

Smash Hero
Updated date for next week. anything else needs discussed or changed let me know, also in two weeks south Florida is planning on coming so let me know what needs done.

I need to start taking this a little more seriously since I am going to pound 4 for sure now. Over the years of playing everyone always just wanted to have fun it wasn't all competitive, Thank you Oscar for making me laugh while playing.

Good games everyone it was fun. The fest on the 6th will likely be a one time only! $1-$5 Welcomes SFL Madness.

XoFF

Smash Journeyman
ill be there this coming friday (30th) and bringing friends from jax if they decide to come.. i tried calling/texting exarch a few times to see if you guys were playing yesterday (23rd) but i couldnt get ahold of him. gotta start using these boards more lol

Renth

Smash Hero
ill be there this coming friday (30th) and bringing friends from jax if they decide to come.. i tried calling/texting exarch a few times to see if you guys were playing yesterday (23rd) but i couldnt get ahold of him. gotta start using these boards more lol
We keep the thread updated and fresh if you need anything drop a line in here and we'll get to ya one way or another.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I have your bracket, so I'll be making a pretty one soon.

Hope you guys enjoyed the smash, sorry I couldn't come. Multi-test studying > smash (this time)

RockCrock

Smash Champion
I think we should re-proportion the point rewards for the days when attendance deviates from the standard 16. For example, this week we had 8 entrants, or 50% of the standard 16 bracket. So perhaps the seeding point values should be reduced to 50% so as to reflect the attendence (i.e. 70 pts for 1st in 16man bracket times 50% would be to 35 pts for 1st in an 8 man bracket). And likewise for tournaments which exceed the standard 16 size, increase the point rewards. If in two weeks from now, we get 26 entrants, 26/16 = 1.625, so multiply the standard point values by 1.625 (70 * 1.625 = 114 points for first).

This way, tournaments will have a weighted effect based on attendance. The more particiapants that enter, the greater the stakes. The fewer particiapants that enter, the less potential point padding that occurs.

:dk:

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I think we should re-proportion the point rewards for the days when attendance deviates from the standard 16. For example, this week we had 8 entrants, or 50% of the standard 16 bracket. So perhaps the seeding point values should be reduced to 50% so as to reflect the attendence (i.e. 70 pts for 1st in 16man bracket times 50% would be to 35 pts for 1st in an 8 man bracket). And likewise for tournaments which exceed the standard 16 size, increase the point rewards. If in two weeks from now, we get 26 entrants, 26/16 = 1.625, so multiply the standard point values by 1.625 (70 * 1.625 = 114 points for first).

This way, tournaments will have a weighted effect based on attendance. The more particiapants that enter, the greater the stakes. The fewer particiapants that enter, the less potential point padding that occurs.

Yea, Steve told me you had this idea. So I'd put off seeding points until I had a word w/ you. That sounds like a good idea, though; higher player count --> higher stakes --> higher seeding points.
::EDIT 2:: Seeding points look kinda ugly now w/ a bunch of decimal points

EDIT: Results! (even though I wasn't there)

1 RockCrock - $7
2 Derf - $1
3 Renth
4 SubScorpion
5 Blind
5 Mike
7 Moses
7 VGMRicky

and bracket is up too!
http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m122/kirbob/Gville Smash/

:pichu:

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
Good ****ttt guys. Had mad fun. Expect me to be showing up to these more often now.

Also, expect my **** talking and johns to be flowing like the land of ****ing milk and honey.

Except it's neither milk nor honey. *****es.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Yea, Steve told me you had this idea. So I'd put off seeding points until I had a word w/ you. That sounds like a good idea, though; higher player count --> higher stakes --> higher seeding points.
::EDIT 2:: Seeding points look kinda ugly now w/ a bunch of decimal points

EDIT: Results! (even though I wasn't there)

1 RockCrock - $7
2 Derf - $1
3 Renth
4 SubScorpion
5 Blind
5 Mike
7 Moses
7 VGMRicky

and bracket is up too!
http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m122/kirbob/Gville Smash/

:pichu:
****:urg: I thought I was done getting last place at these things. Oh well, maybe next time.

Raistlin

Smash Lord

I agree with this idea, seeing as I was not there.

Also, Javier we could round up/down to the nearest whole number to get rid of decimals. Decimals suck.

blindghost

Smash Apprentice
I agree with this idea, seeing as I was not there.

Also, Javier we could round up/down to the nearest whole number to get rid of decimals. Decimals suck.
We had thought it best to hold on to the decimals, but truncate completely to make it look neater. We made a spreadsheet. I am trying to learn how to macro in excel to make it self-updating...

RockCrock

Smash Champion
We should use P4 rules this upcoming Friday.

*Pound* 4 Official Melee Stage List

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Neutrals 2v2:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks 2v2:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Basis of Decision:

The Melee back room did a stage vote on both neutrals and Counterpicks. Both of the rulesets I, as the main TO, voted for are the ones that have the most support. I feel like this is a compromise between everyone, and I'm sorry to those who aren't happy because I can't please everyone. I want the results of this tournament to be as accurate as possible, so these are the legal stages.

Pokemon Stadium: This stage is no longer a neutral for singles. The transformations in and of themselves would often result in entirely banned stages due to walls and such. Because the stage changes however, the stage is not banned, but I do not feel is neutral. However, in teams if a player is stuck in an infinite his teammate has the opportunity to help, which is why it is indeed neutral in teams (and to make a 5th stage since fountain isn't and this is the next best stage). The camera angles on the ledges are funky, and it's widely known space animals run wild on the stage.

Stage Striking will be in effect for the first match of the set. The player with the lower port will get to choose the first strike. Loser choses ban before next match.

One ban per player per set. To be chosen after loss.

Modified DSR: You cannot go back to the last stage you won in a set, unless agreed upon by the other player.

The player choice clause!:: If both players agree to a rule outside of my ruleset, feel free to play by that. If one player wants to counterpick Mute City and the other player is fine with that because they think it's a fair stage, then that is more than fine. However in the event the two players disagree, house rules stand.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Seth, you dumb. There's like 5 Gainesville people going rofl.

I agree we should use it, start getting used to it, Dennis. Although the absence of Mute City makes me sad :-(. And no Corneria for teams is mad gay, though I guess without Gabe it isn't too big a deal.

Renth

Smash Hero
I'm not 100% on the way things work we'll go over them in person, we should use them to be more comfortable with the settings for when we travel to Maryland.

Top Bottom