• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G3S Mafia: XL-Edition | Day 5!

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I tried vigging him last night. He's an Indy, pop him in the mouth.

:186:
... which might just be the grimiest response to the outing of a role that wanted to die I've ever seen.

So let me get this straight. You were content to push me regularly knowing I didn't die and didn't say a word. Then I let everyone know I was fine with being the lynch, and that I would heavily consider killing you as my own action; and you decide after that reveal that NOW is the best time to claim Doc/Vig with a shot that failed. So you could... lynch me? And obvi since I'm not on your scumteam I must be indy becuase I apparently have the ability to shoot you? Is that the life we live now?

What ****ing part of any of that made the best sense from a town perspective to claim, ever.

And why the **** are you claiming this only after my own like it's an insane afterthought? "Uh oh If I lynch him normally he might shoot me, but if I claim I have doc/vig and shot him and then we lynch him.... ????". Logic please.

hmm

@Ice and Fire do you think jexs and laundry could be SvS?
Yes, that is indeed the idea that I was exploring
More votes on Laundry please. I haven't forgotten the manner this man hammered Jex either. I no longer have any doubt I'm dealing with a scum Laundry at the other end of my gun.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
For reference. This is every post toDay made by a Laundry claiming to have a failed vig shot on GrimyMc-Dietz slot.

remind me of anything notable hardbody's done that can't be filled under "typical marshy". i agree on the other two.

one of dietz/maven probly scum.
vote: Dietz

i want you to show me how many fingers on which you can count his notable posts. if you hold up more than a hand you should probably use that hand to punch yourself in the face for lying.

his own reaction to the jexs wagon and his subsequent decision to body me despite him having very similar logic to mine.

i saw gorf and kuz call each other scummates in monster mafia in thread, both were scum. we know nothing about this kid but he clearly knows something about mafia. i don't put **** past him.

anyway, working back around

He focuses on, in order:

Hardbody hasn't done anything
"Dietz/Maven probably scum"No expounding given Dietz vote
Orbo is inactive and if you don't think he is you're lying
I don't like Maven
I continue to not like Maven

Even in a world where Laundry is a town vig role choosing a very very stupid time and reason to claim, I don't see these being the actions someone supposed knowledge of a blocked shot on a slot they already want lynched takes coming into a day. Maybe I'm not giving him enough credit for being patient, but if I had that information coming into a day I WOULD BE ON THAT ****. Laundry apparently really doesn't care until Maven unvotes and it looks like he might be in personal danger.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Also claiming Vig is not a good way to survive. So I'm not as sure if he is lying right now.

Scum will deal with him if he is telling the truth.

Maven89

Smash Master
Did the format of this forum just change for anyone else? it looks horrible now

Smashboards seems to be crashboards now so I'll keep this short and expand later, but..

I agree with Dietz that I don't see Laundry's claim to be logical from a townie. But I thin it's even less logical for scum. There's zero reason why scum would try to fake a claim to get dietz/a hunter dead on D2. That makes way less sense then Laundry making a dumb move as town. Honestly if I was going to assume one of them made the claim up it'd be dietz, though I don't see the logic in that either.

Maven89

Smash Master
Did the format of this forum just change for anyone else? it looks horrible now

Smashboards seems to be crashboards now so I'll keep this short and expand later, but..

I agree with Dietz that I don't see Laundry's claim to be logical from a townie. But I thin it's even less logical for scum. There's zero reason why scum would try to fake a claim to get dietz/a hunter dead on D2. That makes way less sense then Laundry making a dumb move as town. Honestly if I was going to assume one of them made the claim up it'd be dietz, though I don't see the logic in that either.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Was gonna talk about how this slot is a mere shadow, a non-presence in the game with no input on players other than Laundry. Cool to see I'm not the only one seeing Nabe is scummy

Potassium, Orbo, do you think Nabe vs Laundry could be SvS?
I like nabe in the sense that he's actually playing more open and direct than i usually see him play, but at the same time it throws me off a bit for the same reason. Keep in mind I'm writing this post not having seen past page 12 and thus kissing a lot of ****

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Orbo - I don't know how you came to the idea that me/Unvote could not be in the same faction. you said it's unlikely I'd do that to a scum mate,
Iirc you were saying something about the guy and not realizing he was a hydra part. You're too new at this game to fake something like that and i doubt its something that unvote scummate would have come up for you to do in pregame
Did a ****ty skim, feeling like hell ran over me arm. I'm good with the jexs hammer and if he flips scum I'm not entirely sure where I want to look but maven is a large possibility.
why maven?
Pretty sure mavens not faking his confusion on vanilla cops. He's not mafia
i think this ks how i feel. I want to extend what i said to him above and say its probably a towntell, but it could just as easily been something he said as scum if they were of different alignments

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Thoughts on laundry/dietz
Laundry hella sketchy with the timing of his **** and his lack of oomph towards his push prior to that. I see no reason why laundry wouldn't start his da g ramrodding a dietz lynch if he effectively had a quasi guilty like he claims. No bueno
I want to say its really unlikely that both of these people are town, however it is entirely possible that we are dealing woth an svi situation. Not plausible, but possible.

Maven89

Smash Master
Yeah sorry, didn't show you browsing the thread and I thought you just commented on something old then vanished again

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Ftr i think nabe unvote and maybeh hardbody are town. Kantrip and gorf can live for now, possibreh ryu as well
Dietz or laundry need to be lynched today, leabing laundry at the momebt but that could change pri easily

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
hey there all my children :)! mother nature's treated me right, and the good ol' interstellar mastermind has got his spunk back! im going to go through my morning joint and meditation procedure and make my way back into tranquility and harmony man :)!

yea :)

Unvote

chaco|rajam
Thinking about the claims and the way to go

Hardbody & Sons: Dietz or Laundry toDay? What's your posture if somewhat the claims are just ignored and instead someone else gets lynched?

Same questions for Nabe

Maven89

Smash Master
Vote: Sons of Hardbody

I don't want you lynched but I cannot agree with you just dodging questions and ignoring everything that happened.

What are your thoughts?

#HBC | Gorf

channeling past experiences :)...

JeXs feels very limited... i mean he is unable to open scumhunting avenues

VOTE: JEXS
this post looks very good in context and is the very first post directing, like, LEGIT concern about jex. if his concern is consistent i'm sure unvote is among us freedom fighters :)!

Vote: Rajam

someone who has time to like so many posts should have time to actually make more then one post
then THIS post happens, and i'm feeling the red flags raise in my head man. chainsaw defense? maybe. an attempt of detracting attention from his scummate? possible. it just makes me wonder why the little maven that could decided to disregard what the guy was saying when he said it, especially with this sort of reasoning. "a guy who makes so many posts should have time to make more than one post?" we either have an absent-minded prophet on our hands or a guy who's unsure what to say, and this hippie ain't feelin that vibe :glare:

Vote: Jex
not one but me is allowed to make me look stupid :mad:

i want to hear this answer too
i mean, like, i suppose it could have been a joke at this point in the game, but i dont buy that a freedom fighter maven would just straight up discount the avenue, especially since like his point toward unvote seemed like he TOTALLY meant to be legit.

vote jexs
glad i reread now :). one of my main points of looking back was to see whether or not it was both kantrip AND jexs who were making my stomach turn, but the progression of kantrip's read seems very obvious here and i totally feel cool calling him a freedom fighter :)

yeah I'm def suspicious of how hard Jex was riding Badwolf, I assume mafia would be pushing for his lynch since no one seems to want him here, and Jex was pushign the guy hard for very little reasoning.

I'm also very uncomfortable with how fast Jex was voted to L-1. Some of you guys need to unvote him right now, we have 5 more days to figure this out so need to rush it

I do not think Potassium is scum. I'll have to re-read the thread, but Potato always acts like this and throws his votes around quite a bit. Null tells.
this is also making me a little uncomfortable. not only is it a parrot of what was going on, but his read on potassium being town is super weird and his discomfort of the jex wagon's progression even though he's scumreading him is really... discomforting (HA! YA GET IT?!).

as a side note: i see a LOT of yellow font being posted but not a lot of meat from the yellow font. like, reading orbo's posts have left me with almost no impression on his impression (HA! I DID IT AGAIN MAN!) on the game. theres just a lot of open ended questions and unresolved issues. i like kevin because of his insistence to bring him to light out of all of the relevant posters, which i think is something of a stretch for scum to do regardless of orbo's alignment.

okay so i feel like i have a pretty strong frame of consciousness about the thread again. time to read up on what's been going on toDay man!

yea :)

Unvote

chaco|rajam
How is trying to ride a strong slot's scum read then backing off when he got suspicion raised on him on the premise that he made a mistake not scummy?
personally idk

i would almost be more inclined to look at laundry if jexs flipped town. the way he casts doubt on jexs flipping scum is totally unnecessary for someone who says they support the lynch. its like he doesnt mind a jexs lynch and supports it going through but hes making it clear that he thinks jexs could flip town. gives me a bad feeling personally

if they were mates id expect something more concrete. like if youre gonna bus you should really commit to it for town points yknow? or if youre not gonna bus you either try to ignore the push or you find a reason not to go along with it. to bring up that jexs could flip town while still saying you support the lynch just doesnt fit as SvS to me
JeXs' post here (regarding Laundry's dropping the scumread on Ryu) and Potato's analysis put me on the fence regarding lynching Laundry. Honestly at this point I think that lynching Dietz > lynching Laundry if only those two were the options. Anyways, lynching Dietz is fine for me if he ain't gonna do anything as he said. Also if Dietz flips town I want him taking down Nabe or Orbo with him. Lastly, I wouldn't mind if we just ignore the claims and instead lynch someone else (Nabe, Orbo)

Sons of Hardbody

Kary|marshy
so gorf. let me know when you plan on doing something in this game besides ****ting on people en masse with no direction

also ill share my ideas once i speak wit karebear this weekend but i gotta say damn @ there bein this much confusion over the play when i think its obvious as hell

Maven89

Smash Master
then THIS post happens, and i'm feeling the red flags raise in my head man. chainsaw defense? maybe. an attempt of detracting attention from his scummate? possible. it just makes me wonder why the little maven that could decided to disregard what the guy was saying when he said it, especially with this sort of reasoning. "a guy who makes so many posts should have time to make more than one post?" we either have an absent-minded prophet on our hands or a guy who's unsure what to say, and this hippie ain't feelin that vibe :glare:
Lol woops, I didn't even realize I messed that message up until now. I meant to say "someone who has time to like so many posts should have the time to make a post". I didn't realize Rajam was in Unvote, and since Rajam was liking the thread I knew he was in the game, so I thought he was lurking and just not saying a word.

i mean, like, i suppose it could have been a joke at this point in the game, but i dont buy that a freedom fighter maven would just straight up discount the avenue, especially since like his point toward unvote seemed like he TOTALLY meant to be legit.
I don't understand what you're saying here, I don't get what you mean by "freedom fighter" but I'm going to assume you mean town. I don't understand what "avenue" you're talking about. This paragraph makes zero sense to me, please rephrase it so I can answer.

But my Jex vote was a joke, I was embarrassed that I didn't realize Rajam was in a hyrda so I joked about it.

this is also making me a little uncomfortable. not only is it a parrot of what was going on, but his read on potassium being town is super weird and his discomfort of the jex wagon's progression even though he's scumreading him is really... discomforting (HA! YA GET IT?!)./quote]

No man, it was me posting my thoughts on what was going on. Multiple people posted that they were unhappy with Jex's push, why are you singling me out and saying that out of everyone else, I was the one parroting it?

I'm not 100% confident in my scum reading yet. I thought Jex was scummy, but not sure of myself enough to be comfortable with him being so easily lynched, especially not when we still had time left to get more information. I'm pretty sure you yourself told me "patience" in Lovers mafia, andI agree. We only get information during the day phase, I don't see why we should cut that short on day 1 when there's zero flips and generally little hard reasoning.

Maven89

Smash Master
oh i messed up the formatting on that last part

this is also making me a little uncomfortable. not only is it a parrot of what was going on, but his read on potassium being town is super weird and his discomfort of the jex wagon's progression even though he's scumreading him is really... discomforting (HA! YA GET IT?!).

No man, it was me posting my thoughts on what was going on. Multiple people posted that they were unhappy with Jex's push, why are you singling me out and saying that out of everyone else, I was the one parroting it? How is my read of Potassium town weird when you just said you thought he was town?

I'm not 100% confident in my scum reading yet. I thought Jex was scummy, but not sure of myself enough to be comfortable with him being so easily lynched, especially not when we still had time left to get more information. I'm pretty sure you yourself told me "patience" in Lovers mafia, andI agree. We only get information during the day phase, I don't see why we should cut that short on day 1 when there's zero flips and generally little hard reasoning.

Honestly marshy, if you're not going to be posting thoughts on the game why did you even post? Unvote because of the excuse of needing to talk to his partner

#HBC | Gorf

Pretty sure mavens not faking his confusion on vanilla cops. He's not mafia
BAD. BAD. NO. YOU'VE GOTTA BE TRIPPIN. that's TOOOOOOOTALLY null man, come on!

i saw gorf and kuz call each other scummates in monster mafia in thread, both were scum. we know nothing about this kid but he clearly knows something about mafia. i don't put **** past him.

to add:

the guy has OBVIOUSLY read some of the past mafia games and id actually be surprised if he DIDNT see a vanilla cop in his readings. not to say that its impossible that he didnt but like... come on the dude knew dr riddler and hes been retired for YEARS now man!

In a twist you might define as "Double Marshy Christmas"... the correct answer might be: Me.

I'm a hunter, which means if I'm lynched I have a forced vig shot on someone within 24 hours or it's randomized. AKA, if you guys want me gone and have some other scum suspects I can make that **** happen. You just gotta be aware if we guess wrong on my shot it's a 3 man swing. I'm willing to do it since I quite literally don't think my input is going to live up to the expectations a bunch of slots seem to have for me. Furthermore: Idgaf. If mafia doesn't want me in Lylo with this power they'll probably have to kill me with a nightkill, so win-win imo.

I would still be okay with shooting Laundry right in the goddamn face barring re-reaad. And since Maven insists on overtly playing the "I'm a noob don't pay attention to me" card at every opportunity I'd be fine with him being the shot as well. I give no other promises besides would shoot those two if asked, I'm my own man and like to shoot things I don't like.
huh.

interesting.

i dont think this is a good role to keep around man. the dude's LOADED if he's a freedom fighter, and lynching him later on because he's the best lynch choice can be deadly if we have a string of mislynches. additionally, if he's a freedom he's basically saved himself from EVER getting night killed man. and if he's a part of the corporate setup, he's officially instilled fear in the hearts of us freedom fighters. not a good combo. objectively his play has been pretty grimy. but with this, i think he moves up to priority #1 so that, if he's what he claims to be, he can go ahead and decimate whoever we tell him to and we kill two birds with one noose (THE PUNS JUST KEEP COMIN MAN!).

Mod note: If Orboknown doesn't post at all toDay and a replacement can't be found he will be modkilled at the beginning of Day 3.

:059:
does game specific rule #2 apply if this happens?

if gheb answers yes, then i think the optimal course of action will be to lynch dietz and have him shoot orbo. if he answers no, ill go from there.

Specifically I am a combat medic. I can either bodyguard or vig per night. I figured I wanted to hold onto my claim in the event that I might've been roleblocked but I don't believe this claim in tandem with mine.role

OOH AND THE POT STIRS EVEN MORE MAN!
... which might just be the grimiest response to the outing of a role that wanted to die I've ever seen.

So let me get this straight. You were content to push me regularly knowing I didn't die and didn't say a word. Then I let everyone know I was fine with being the lynch, and that I would heavily consider killing you as my own action; and you decide after that reveal that NOW is the best time to claim Doc/Vig with a shot that failed. So you could... lynch me? And obvi since I'm not on your scumteam I must be indy becuase I apparently have the ability to shoot you? Is that the life we live now?

What ****ing part of any of that made the best sense from a town perspective to claim, ever.

And why the **** are you claiming this only after my own like it's an insane afterthought? "Uh oh If I lynch him normally he might shoot me, but if I claim I have doc/vig and shot him and then we lynch him.... ????". Logic please.

More votes on Laundry please. I haven't forgotten the manner this man hammered Jex either. I no longer have any doubt I'm dealing with a scum Laundry at the other end of my gun.
why do you insist on more votes on laundry if you previously elected yourself to be lynched? have you been toasting some of my **** lately? cuz let me tell ya i got some really good ****!

also i feel good about absolutely nothing in orbo's string of posts. it'll make me feel even worse if that's all he has toDay.

im feelin dietz. i actually like laundry's play lookin back at yesterDay and looking toDay and unvote makes a valid point in that, well, maybe the little dude just got roleblocked. he was totally a viable roleblock candidate for a freedom fighter seeing how he was a prime suspect yesterDay.

completely disregarding claims, id say one of maven/orbo is the optimal play. but dietz taking one of them down would be pretty groovy.

Unvote

chaco|rajam
Okay, so we're establishing in the bold that there was in fact an original analysis pre-reread, some thought process as to why Ryu was scum. This vetoes any possibility of it being gut, which is an answer I would have unhappily accepted. But it not being gut emphasizes the issue here. To my eyes, what you said when you voted Ryu doesn't parse in terms of the posts at that time.

You've talked a bit about your general mindset, which might be what other people want, but that does nothing at all for me. I'm after a very specific response, one that deals with the actual wording and situation of Ryu's first 4-5 posts that specifically triggered your scumread (my original problem) and, if you like, the specific factor (a post or posts) that changed that read afterwards, although I care much less about that.
I don't like this post at all. Laundry's vote on Ryu was early-game so it didn't need to be a huge case. Despite what I might think of Laundry (in terms of alignment) I think the vote was well founded since if you re-check Ryu's initial posts his questions were meh at best. It's also scummy how late in D1 Nabe is pushing this.

UNVOTE
VOTE: NABE

Maven89

Smash Master
the guy has OBVIOUSLY read some of the past mafia games and id actually be surprised if he DIDNT see a vanilla cop in his readings. not to say that its impossible that he didnt but like... come on the dude knew dr riddler and hes been retired for YEARS now man!
I haven't read a single mafia game here back to back. I know "dr riddler" because I read through (skipped some of) the Batman game thread

I specifically asked about the vanilla cop role not just out of curiosity but because I was wondering what it told us about the game. If they had a traditional cop it'd mean there's more then one mafia

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
what are you doing and why
I figured I wanted to hold onto my claim in the event that I might've been roleblocked
Yes, you really should've done that.
I don't get it either. If you're the bodyguard you're our doctor, why would you claim over something so small? I mean dietz was asking people to lynch him.

Plus you were under heavy suspicion, it's pretty reasonable to assume a role blocker would have targeted you

I don't think Laundry's claim helped the case against Dietz at all, there's no way to tell if he was night immune or if Laundry got blocked without more people claiming, which would be horrible. It was also really stupid

:c @ Laundry
This is exactly where I'm at. what the **** even

#HBC | Nabe

Thinking about the claims and the way to go

Hardbody & Sons: Dietz or Laundry toDay? What's your posture if somewhat the claims are just ignored and instead someone else gets lynched?

Same questions for Nabe
One of marshy/Gorf, leaning marshy, not very happy with either slot but marshy is as quiet as he's accusing Gorf of being. Kary talking would be a really welcome change and would help sort some bull****.

#HBC | Nabe

I don't like this post at all. Laundry's vote on Ryu was early-game so it didn't need to be a huge case. Despite what I might think of Laundry (in terms of alignment) I think the vote was well founded since if you re-check Ryu's initial posts his questions were meh at best. It's also scummy how late in D1 Nabe is pushing this.

UNVOTE
VOTE: NABE
You're not addressing Laundry's wording D1 w.r.t. Ryu's actual posting at that time, check it the **** out. As for the tunnel on Laundry (I prefer to call it my laser focus but let's use mafia terms) yeah, it's probably ****ty to stick to him that hard on pure statement analysis without looking elsewhere, it's what I do and I can respect anyone who thinks it's garbage. But the length of time I spent going on about the topic doesn't magically invalidate the actual words that are coming out of my mouth.

Top Bottom