• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G3S Mafia #4 | Game over - Town wins!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sokr [2] - frozenmarsh751, Red Ryu
ScaryLB59 [2] - Anomandaris_Rake, Potassium
Anomandaris_Rake [1] - Sokr

Not voting [6] - Magic Bounce, Masquerain, Xatres, Kafkaesque, ScaryLB59, Zen;

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

:059:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I'm VERY off-put by how quick you are to claim Townie points on this.

That is so easy to fake, given that you DIRECTLY asked the question that spawned the supposed "slip".
I genuinely didn't know x3. Also I have not yet achieved level 3 foresight yet. I'm only lvl. 2 meaning I can see 2 moves ahead but no more. If I had planned that as scum I would need to be lvl 3. Therefore I must without a doubt be town you see?

Kantrip

Kantplay

-MB #51 – Don't know why a simple greeting irks me. Entire string of posts from 51-54 read as too composed. A bit forced.

-MB #59 – Has a point but I don't get the all caps “VERY off-put” on a “largely null” tell. #61 – Concludes it is likely a gambit to provoke reactions because doing it as scum feels too obvious. I do like that he doesn't call Zen scum because that would be silly.

-MB #63 – Strange answer. My grasp of Zen and his dubious gambits are that they define his town play. I feel like Raz/WL hydra should recognize this and I don't get the point of stating discontent for Zen's gambit but calling it largely null, calling Zen likely town, and still concluding they think he could be getting reads another way. Especially when there's nothing inherently wrong with gambits like this, except they might make people look at you funny. If anything, this is a good thing from Zen. MB scum lean.

from my notes

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I'd say the increased activity of yesterday simply has to do with FE:A ending and this game beginning on the same day. Most of the players engaging in banter were people fresh off that game and ready for a new start.

As far as #15 goes, I suppose there's some mafia rule of thumb that says the first player to say "I'm town" is more likely to be scum, but that's hardly anything to base a read off of. I have little interest in thinking a player is scum without more substantial evidence first. So yeah... everyone still on the white list for me.
I don't care about that. He was just responding to a question from Rake. I was referring to his defense of Red Ruy. Seemed really out of place and unnecessary. Out of curiosity why did it take you so long to answer this? You were in thread for quite a while after I asked, but then you left and didn't answer until today. I know you hadn't left because swf removes the afks from the currently viewing list after 5 minutes.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Rake out of curiosity do you intend to play badly throughout the game or do you intend to actually use your obv towniness to benefit town at some point?

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
@Xatres: Are both you and Dastrn activity police or was that primarily one of you?
Pretty much all Dastrn.

I don't care about that. He was just responding to a question from Rake. I was referring to his defense of Red Ruy. Seemed really out of place and unnecessary. Out of curiosity why did it take you so long to answer this? You were in thread for quite a while after I asked, but then you left and didn't answer until today. I know you hadn't left because swf removes the afks from the currently viewing list after 5 minutes.
I didn't feel your question was urgent enough to bother answering right away. I habitually leave my computer up and running while I play video games / watch netflix and will move my mouse to keep it from entering sleep mode.

Basically... Playing Mega Man 3 > RQS.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Early day 1 wagon? More like early day 1 quick lynch. Thanks for the vote. What were you watching on Netflix ooc?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
My play so ingenious it's on a whole nother platform of amazing.
Y'all should be awestruck by the chance to witness such godly forum mafia play such as I bring to this humble game

Kantrip

Kantplay
What eliminates zen from your eyes that he's posted, and do you think that MB targets zen on purpose or just because he was there ?
I don't wanna get too into it and just let him keep posting, but basically what Sokr said. Regardless of MB's alignment, he just commented on that thing from Zen because it stuck out to him. I don't think there's more to it than that.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
This is why you'll never reach my level kantrip.

*flex

But thats' ok, I'm strong enough to carry you.

Kantrip twon
Sokr of concern
Lynch scary imo
handle mb tomorrw
xast likely town.
ryu null

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I wasn't saying I couldn't I was rebelling so Kantrip knows he can't control the tornado that is townRake.

Given how concerned kantrip is with my read on him, we'll call him null with an ever so slight lean of my fist in his face if i think he's scum slipping.
So your trying to make it super important for him to know you are town, but not so much how you want to handle your read on him?

Sokr

Smash Journeyman
@Kantrip: I'm not gonna do multiposts cause that's difficult. It's only been three pages so paraphrasing should work. Zen's overall demeanor has been joking which is quite the contrast from his serious start in FE:A. Also he's way too open with his speculation on what scum could do. Then again he could just be cocky from his recent win and he's riding on a wave of euphoria. Time will tell.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
@Zen: (ooc) I watch How I Met Your Mother pretty much every night before bed. Sometimes I'll switch it out for Futurama or some other show I'm plowing through. But HIMYM is almost always in rotation.

Kantrip

Kantplay
@Kantrip: I'm not gonna do multiposts cause that's difficult. It's only been three pages so paraphrasing should work. Zen's overall demeanor has been joking which is quite the contrast from his serious start in FE:A. Also he's way too open with his speculation on what scum could do. Then again he could just be cocky from his recent win and he's riding on a wave of euphoria. Time will tell.
Are you on your phone? If yes, I'll wait for a multipost until yo get home. If you're on a computer, I want a multipost. It's not that hard, and I asked for specific posts, not elaboration.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
MB is the only slot I don't like right now and Scary is my backup choice

-MB #51 – Don't know why a simple greeting irks me. Entire string of posts from 51-54 read as too composed. A bit forced.

-MB #59 – Has a point but I don't get the all caps “VERY off-put” on a “largely null” tell. #61 – Concludes it is likely a gambit to provoke reactions because doing it as scum feels too obvious. I do like that he doesn't call Zen scum because that would be silly.

-MB #63 – Strange answer. My grasp of Zen and his dubious gambits are that they define his town play. I feel like Raz/WL hydra should recognize this and I don't get the point of stating discontent for Zen's gambit but calling it largely null, calling Zen likely town, and still concluding they think he could be getting reads another way. Especially when there's nothing inherently wrong with gambits like this, except they might make people look at you funny. If anything, this is a good thing from Zen. MB scum lean.

from my notes
You think so?

Ryker and WL treat Zen's gambits as a null tell but still tell him to knock it off if he is going to wacky with it. Does his gambit have a place other than for himself? Because saying he town telled doesn't sit well with me either.

but I treat it as null because there isn't a lot to read on atm.

You think they should have instant town read him off that?

Kantrip

Kantplay
You think so?

Ryker and WL treat Zen's gambits as a null tell but still tell him to knock it off if he is going to wacky with it. Does his gambit have a place other than for himself? Because saying he town telled doesn't sit well with me either.

but I treat it as null because there isn't a lot to read on atm.

You think they should have instant town read him off that?
No, I think that having it as null is fine, but it shouldn't have bothered them so much

Top Bottom