• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G&W downthrow > Dsmash

J4pu

Smash Champion
How do you escape GW's Dthrow > Dsmash
there has to be a consistent way to escape it, but for me I always bounce on the ground just perfectly so that he can hammer me which sends you at such difficult angle to recover from, not to mention it's **** strong.
Can you tech roll it? Ive been trying but havent gotten it

also against the same G&W i got an awesome 0 to death kill I'll share
CG > Dair spike > footstool spike
was quite epic

Mecha Soul

Smash Apprentice
The only way to escape it is by teching.

It can be teched with practice.

Be careful even if you tech, as a good G&W can techchase his dthrow with more dthrows or a sliding usmash which is even more deadly than the hammer

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
Tech roll out of the way, as fast as you can. But after the roll you have to be EXTREMELY quick to jump, as a good game and watch can easily WALK towards you at the end of the roll and repeat the dthrow>dsmash chain.

bowz10190

Smash Apprentice
Game and watch has an answer for everything out of his downthrow. He can chain the down throw by using neutral a once after the throw, then grab again. He can forward smash, downsmash, run up smash.
I would just pray, if i were you. Thats what i do. xD

Top Bottom