• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FV, Ken has returned! + Rules of the gamestop tournament

reelbigfishstix9

Smash Apprentice
Ken is a nobody at Brawl.

Doesn't matter.

Go and win just like anyone else could.
I love when people say how pro's won't be as good as they are with melee.. give them 1 week on the game and they'll be playing better then we would in a week. my friend is a competitive smasher and goes to tourney's and at my school someone brought brawl and he 3stocked everyone with 3 different chars in FFA and singles, all items just because he knows how people think when they play the game. I'm sure Ken could do the same thing. especially with marth in his hands.

If he has had the game for the past week or 2. I'm sure he'll do fine.

xfootdoctor

Smash Cadet
shoot I never knew he lived in fountain valley
I live so close
I'mm freaking play ken over wifi someday :DD

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
Ken is a beast in Melee, and is probably knowledgeable about Brawl. Don't worry though OP, you still have a shot.

corban123

Smash Rookie
turns out that really is ken, his bro signed him up

* the reason i no this is cuz im talking with him right now*

TyrantRo

Smash Cadet
RUN!!! lol, jk. Naw, i would stay just for the experience, how often would you get to see him play in person or even better, play him!

Irmão Esmagador

Smash Cadet
I didn't know who Ken was, till I heard something about a Ken combo, and I looked at SmashWiki (recently).

He seems to be cocky, so go to the tournament and shoot him.

Thank you.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
IHe seems to be cocky, so go to the tournament and shoot him.
WTF are you talking about! Ken is one of the most humble pros out there! Seriously, Ken gets all this respect not just because he's good, but because he's a nice person too.

Anyone that doesn't know that much about Ken is either new to the competative scene, or a casual player (not to bash casuals or anything) and thus do not know wtf your talking about.

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
WTF are you talking about! Ken is one of the most humble pros out there! Seriously, Ken gets all this respect not just because he's good, but because he's a nice person too.

Anyone that doesn't know that much about Ken is either new to the competative scene, or a casual player (not to bash casuals or anything) and thus do not know wtf your talking about.
QFT

10chars

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman

See:

I didn't know who Ken was, till I heard something about a Ken combo, and I looked at SmashWiki (recently).

Thank you.
10correct-arecters

entrapment

Smash Apprentice
Half of this OP was utter lies and well... I'm glad I'll be able to take Ken out in the nationals.

Does my heart good knowing I can finally make a name for myself but defeating one of the most mention
people on the smash scene. I look forward to rocking him soon.

"You just fell for the trap."

Irmão Esmagador

Smash Cadet
Half of this OP was utter lies and well... I'm glad I'll be able to take Ken out in the nationals.

Does my heart good knowing I can finally make a name for myself but defeating one of the most mention
people on the smash scene. I look forward to rocking him soon.

"You just fell for the trap."
You have my support.

And of course, Ken is just a common human. Maybe he plays 28 hours a day... but he's still just a person.

sesshomaru

Smash Journeyman
u just fell for the trap..... really man? wanna tip, change ur name bak to ur real name. lol 4 real i made mine this horrible anime name bak when i thought it was cool. luckily people just called me sess and since then ive grown to like it. if i could do it again i'd just make it adam.

and on topic- kens played, kens played azen, things are bad for us lol.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
not sure if this was answered already but do u guys know if there will be smash balls and items????

Insomniac487

Smash Cadet
Yeah, it's the official Ken! no doubt about it. If you have his AIM screenname, go ask him which gamestop he'll be at, and he'll tell you the Fountain Valley one. (Warner & Magnolia crosstreets). the only one in FV. I'm sure he's tired of random people messaging though, haha. His profile says he lives in Westminster, which is the city next over, about 5 minutes away so of course he's coming to this one

Guys, it's really anybody's game even if it's againest the all-mighty-ken. :laugh: Yeah he's more experienced, been in brawl tournaments (didn't win the LA one though), and has the japanese version of the game, but don't forget the rules.......

1. 1v1, 1 minute timer, 1 stock - matches are going to end unbelievably **FAST**
2. items and smashballs allowed

also whoever gets the final smash first and pulls it off will most likely win the match (depending on the character, cause not all character's FS ko, only some)

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
why do people have so little self esteem that they have to cling onto successful players and if said successful pioneer is questioned in any way all of the 12 year old followers rabidly attack the offender

jesus christ youre all a bunch of weenies

zelazon

Smash Apprentice
I can gurantee u that u'll have a better chance of beating him then if this was melee since the two games are different, but it probably wont take him long to get good at this one too. So get him out in the beginning before he has a chance to figure things out lol.

AznLanceLord

Smash Cadet
You have my support.

And of course, Ken is just a common human. Maybe he plays 28 hours a day... but he's still just a person.
He at least has more life than Mew2king. I actually don't know how much Ken plays smash a day, but he certainly does not play as if he has no life. At least I don't think so...

BlackFoxPariah

Smash Apprentice
since when did gamestops start allowing sign ups? I was under the impression from an employee at my local gamestop that you signed up that night for the tourney. If I missed it I am going to poop on someone.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
OP!

Whatever you do, do NOT ask for his autograph!! Honestly, getting someone's autograph for videogame skills.....

But I'm sure it would make him feel good.

Jael Irish

Smash Apprentice
I may be mistaken *cough* but didn't Ken get eliminated from the SF tourney?

Don't be all overhyped and expect him to completely smash you beyond recognition, I highly doubt I could ever picture seeing Ken with a wiimote+nun playing Smash, it just don't seem to fit.

However I could be wrong and he could end up practicing and playing that way and end up beating everyone into microbe size.

Darkslash

Smash Master
OP!

Whatever you do, do NOT ask for his autograph!! Honestly, getting someone's autograph for videogame skills.....

But I'm sure it would make him feel good.
Well if they are making a Movie on a 9 year old kid who pwns at Halo 3...... it would make Ken feel good if some one asked him, the King of Smash, a Autograph

Top Bottom