• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FV, Ken has returned! + Rules of the gamestop tournament

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
ask for his autograph!
random guy; "ZOMG ITS KEN CAN I HAVE YOUR AUTOGRAPH"
Ken: "Ok noob why not"

RANDOM guy: "OMGFTWBBQ Ken just called me a noob and i got his autograph life cant get any better" (walks outside gets hits by a car)

Epok

Smash Ace
No disrespect or anything, but I don't see why people are so obsessed with Ken. Don't get me wrong his status as the best smash player does demand respect. But Im not gonna ask this dude for an autograph.(I've played Ken at MLG chicago '05 so you cant tell me s***) He is a normal kid that likes smash just like the rest of us. If we really wanted to put in as many hours in that game as he has, we could be that good too.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
No disrespect or anything, but I don't see why people are so obsessed with Ken. Don't get me wrong his status as the best smash player does demand respect. But Im not gonna ask this dude for an autograph.(I've played Ken at MLG chicago '05 so you cant tell me s***) He is a normal kid that likes smash just like the rest of us. If we really wanted to put in as many hours in that game as he has, we could be that good too.
that post of mine was a complete joke

Mystery XIII

Smash Rookie
not exactly sure who he is but ranked #1 in america? i'd take the chance to play against him anyday

Demi

Smash Cadet
What do you guys think about the whole, "Regardless of the Round, Contestants must use Game Controllers provided at the participating GameStop location or Tournament location. A Contestant cannot use his or her own Game Controllers."

Eh?

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
If I were a spoiled little brat, I would go to a Brawl tourney, input the name "Ken Hwang" and run away, crushing the hopes of people.

It's probably a joke.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
What do you guys think about the whole, "Regardless of the Round, Contestants must use Game Controllers provided at the participating GameStop location or Tournament location. A Contestant cannot use his or her own Game Controllers."

Eh?
That does, I also believe items will be on. But I haven't started a tournment until late 2007 so I have no idea who this person the topic creater is talking about. But then again, I kind of don't care, new game, more people. :p

Taekmkm

Smash Cadet
wanted to put in as many hours in that game as he has, we could be that good too.
What hours....? Only Mew2king puts in "halo" hours for this game.

Iwan

Smash Ace
lol at people not knowing who ken is....haha. Well for those of you who don't know, Ken is the best smash player in the world. period. And as for advice topic creator? who knows...prayer? or aderol :p. lots and lost of Aderol....haha :p. I know he tends to use Ike, but im just ASSUMING he's....ya know...kiiinda okay with Marth too. hahaha. good luck man.

Betrayed

Smash Ace
Anybody that doesn't know who Ken is... is a brawl*** and signed up here after hearing that it was THE PLACE for Brawl discussion. Really helps pick them out.

corban123

Smash Rookie
hmm.... proffesional? unbeatable? hmmm, sounds like a challenge, where do u live, i want to face him :)

KungLao

Smash Rookie
Ken is a nobody at Brawl.

Doesn't matter.

Go and win just like anyone else could.

corban123

Smash Rookie

I'm probably more than enough for somebody like you, and I'm terrible.
heheh HAHAHAHHAHAHAH ur joking right? i joined here after lookin around for a while, i like to study the place i want to join due to the fact ive been to horrible forums before, but if ur serious, lets w8 till brawl is released.....

Betrayed

Smash Ace
heheh HAHAHAHHAHAHAH ur joking right? i joined here after lookin around for a while, i like to study the place i want to join due to the fact ive been to horrible forums before, but if ur serious, lets w8 till brawl is released.....
Yes, because Brawl and Melee are exactly the same. Ken was a pro and near unbeatable at Melee, and I'm sure he'd JV-5 stock you at it even now.

But hey, if you wanna play me in Brawl, keep in touch. I'll start playing online as soon as I pick up my americopy.

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
Even if it is Ken, it doesn’t mean that he’s going to win. With those rules anyone can win to be honest. Look at the Nintendo/Best Buy tournament in Los Angeles. He was there along with his brother Manacloud and they both didn’t win it. I say you shouldn’t worry about it.

corban123

Smash Rookie
Yes, because Brawl and Melee are exactly the same. Ken was a pro and near unbeatable at Melee, and I'm sure he'd JV-5 stock you at it even now.

But hey, if you wanna play me in Brawl, keep in touch. I'll start playing online as soon as I pick up my americopy.
hey, i never said id beat him, but he seems like good competition, and im always up for a good brawl

Ti11erTheKi11er

Smash Apprentice
I think it's anyones game cause of the rules and the fact only been month out in japan and very few people have got to play it in U.S. with the early tournaments and MOD Wii's

and the fact that Wiimote and Nunchuch + items are on :) gonna be interesting

Eldiran

Smash Lord
EDIT: Somehow I totally missed that there were five pages of posts. Gotta go check them for info, in case my question's been addressed.

EDIT: Okay, all clear.

The first sentence of the OP's post interests me the most... 'slots left'?? Many Gamestop employees are still confused about the whole thing... is this a store-specific aspect? I kind of hoped the attendees wouldn't be limited considering the matches are a mere minute long. Could you please elaborate upon the limit of competitors?

corban123

Smash Rookie
lol, ok... ya, i was the first person to sign up for the tournament here, and the rules the OP said, its his GS only, my gamestop still doesnt have the info on the rules yet

E P I C

Smash Journeyman
LMFAO at the newbs who think they can take on Ken. Here you go newbs, if you dont know who he is, you officially suck at Smash. Proven Fact, dont even argue, because youre a newb.

AznLanceLord

Smash Cadet
Hey I think the rules of the tourney depends on each gamestop. My gamestop said that it was melee with no items free for all 4-player and stages are hyrule temple and Final Destination.

Anyone confirm my hypothesis?

(then again maybe the employees didn't know about the whole 1 match 1vs1 thing yet.)

E P I C

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule Temple? Your Gamestop people are smoking massive dope to even consider a level of such ***********. But mine is just as bad. We're going to have the standard 1 minute matches because that is even what they say on the Gamestop website. But, we HAVE TO use Wii motes. Nothing else is allowed. Pretty funkin fheggotory.

RAAR

Smash Apprentice
Dude wiimotes only? That blows.

And you all need to stop sucking kens man parts! Meeles over people! Concentrat on getting yourself good and stop jerkin it to ken combo videos on youtube.

And i wouldnt know who ken was if it wasn't for this dweebo kid who sat next to me in webdesign and tried to get me to watch videos like every day cuase i told em I played smash bros. Id piss him off by saying stuff like. " Id take that bich to school." or "That guy needs to get layd!"

Libomasus

Smash Journeyman
I believe Ken mained Pit at the Nintendo tourney, so picking someone who can gimp him easy would be a fair choice?

The Mark

Smash Apprentice
How silly you are.

I am willing to bet that somebody did taht as a joke. I myself signed Jesus on a sign-up sheet.

Sheesh.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Between the utterly pathetic fans who want Kens autograph on every materialistic thing they own, and the rude ***holes who insult him for personal amusement, he must get tired of playing Smash at all. It's rather unfortunate.

Anyway, I don't think Ken would be overly threatening in a Brawl tournament. He would likely be more experienced and have a better handle than the average player, but whether or not he would win is still questionable.

Top Bottom