• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Funniest thing(s) that happened to you online?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I fought a Captain Falcon once as Rosalina when we were just throwing down until I was launched off stage and he went right after me. Then all of a sudden, the Falcon user Falcon Kicked his way straight to hell while I recovered. He eventually self-destructed on his last stock and left. I could tell he had salt in his system when he raged quit. Unfortunately, this happened long before the Mewtwo patch came out.

al3jo

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3583-1661-0219
i went to spectator mode and saw a team battle: Captain falcon & Charizard VS Meta knight & Falco, i forgot to read the names of the players but i went all on the CF&Zard team, had a good feeling with those two, then when the match started the fight was awfully familiar, specially because the C.falcon was making the same moves i made in a fight 5 minutes before, checked the C.falcon's name, and what are rhe odds it was me, i bet to myself in my own replay without remembering it and won

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Before the replay-to-YouTube feature came out, I terribly recorded one of my FAVORITE moments in Team For Glory.
We might have lost, but we won in style.

Furret24

Smash Master

* One time, a Link threw his boomerang. As it came back, I got a nine on him.
* One time I was doing a FG match against a Pikachu with :4gaw:. I got on the stage while he was attempting to edgeguard me. He had grabbed on the ledge multiple times, so he had no invincibility. I knew he had to come back to the stage, so when he did, I got him with a fully changed Down Smash, killing him at 69%.
* Recently, I got a sick combo on Little Mac with Meta Knight. As he was coming back to the stage, I Stage-spiked him with a Down Air, followed by an unintentional footstool.

optimuskirby

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1118-0746-7459
I gimped a Kirby at 0% damage, & he died.
I was Samus, & I used Bair. He kinda fast-fell too far, & gained off-screen damage right after he respawned. So it wasn't EXACTLY 0%, but you get the gist.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I have no idea what this Kirby user was thinking at the end of this match. I guess he got too desperate and...well...just see for yourself.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
I was playing a pac-man yesterday as puff and I baired him agaisnt the stage at like 30% as he was jumping back, leaving him with no jump and having to up b from kinda far down. I take the third jump of his trampoline and he falls to his dead... then he comes down and does a slow leisure walk towards the ledge and gently falls down to his dead. For some reason seeing Pacman slowly walking with a smile on his face towards the ledge and falling down slowly made me laugh my **** off. The rage quit that made me laugh the most for sure.

Last edited:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
While I was playing around with Mario Maker for the first time, I Nosferatu'd a Palutena on a donut, which killed me.

Kaiduru Zeta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaiduru_Zeta8
3DS FC
1332-7842-2519
Well, this Wii Fit Trainer as I was Wii Fit Trainer as well accidentally canceled his header in air so I uaired it to him and he died.

Last edited:

Kaiduru Zeta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaiduru_Zeta8
3DS FC
1332-7842-2519
By and far, the funniest thing that happened to me was when I was up against a Kirby with my R.O.B. We were both on last stocks, and the guy tries to Kirbicide me. He gets me in his mouth, falls down to the lower blast zone... and he dies first, resulting in my win. I saved the replay just for kicks, but when I got back to the CSS, he changed his tag to "I*DUN*GOOF" and left.
I honestly didn't know if I felt bad for the guy or if I felt like laughing at him.
Honorable mention goes to all those Falcon/Ryu/Mario players who try way to hard to style on me and fail miserably. Seriously, shoutouts to you guys. I never need to rent another movie again as long as I've got you guys to entertain me.
That same thing exactly happened to me. I just laughed and left. He tried to kirbycide way too much......

Pokedex649

Smash Cadet
There was a time when I was Greninja and the opponent was Toon Link. I used Down Taunt in neutral (The one that launches opponents upward), Toon Link tried to dash attack me, but got launched up from the taunt. Toon Link tried to down air to the ground. I used Hydro Pump, and Toon Link just went diagonally down past the stage as a result.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Oh my god I have so many funny moments. I'll just share my best here.

-Killed a Roy with a Megavitamin as Dr. Mario. He left the game.
-Grab released the same guy as Dr. Mario. He died.

And possibly my very best:
I was playing as Captain Falcon on FG against a Link who wasn't a very spammy link. In fact he was respectful. So one time he threw a boomerang, and I down throwed the link and the windbox of the boomerang carried me right next to him so I could get the sacred down throw to knee.

In the same match I got a falcon punch into dair. Happy times.

Let me think of the other stupid stuff I got.
Oh yeah

I was playing friendlies with someone in a First to 3 Falcon ditto
At the start of the match he used Falcon kick and slid off the edge, so I down aired him and I footstooled him. He died.

I have lots more. But those are some of my best.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

Before this match, this guy decided to taunt me as Sonic. I beat him and then he switches to Rosalina.

He... well... just watch the video.

If that wasn't funny enough, he changed his name to "2CHEAP4ME" and left immediately after.

:shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker:

Furret24

Smash Master
I'm sure you've all seen 9 hammer kills, but what about 3 hammer kills?

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Since someone here mentioned grab releasing people to their deaths, I got this one, which occurred during the 1.1.0 patch.

Before this match, this guy decided to taunt me as Sonic. I beat him and then he switches to Rosalina.

He... well... just watch the video.

If that wasn't funny enough, he changed his name to "2CHEAP4ME" and left immediately after.

:shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker::shaker:
It's a disgrace to see one of my mains being used by a salty scrub who has no idea what he was doing.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
A couple of days ago, I joined this server that had 2 Jigglypuffs. It eventually reached four and we had a ton of resting matches.

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
I swear, every :4falcon:I play with online tries so hard to show off their moves, they end up getting themselves killed because of it.

Chexmixa

Smash Rookie
My friend and I went on 2v2 for glory and were both playing villager for fun. All inputs were VERY delayed, so we each sat on opposite sides of the stage and spammed our trees. It went to sudden death and we did the same thing and won! :) Another time I was playing pikachu and my friend was ryu. He launched me up with an up smash and went for an up air but just in time I used down air and he came with me. We were gone for a second then *smack* we screen KO'd each other!

Last edited:

the_muffin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
muffinduck01
Lots of Mewtwo reflector shenanigans.

Versus Zelda, she started charging her down B and I timed it right, reflecting the knight back and killing her with it.

Versus Villager, he rides his Lloyd rocket back on to stage, I use reflector to send it back off, watch it stall, and him fall helplessly to his death.

Versus Megaman, he charges his Fsmash and I shield it. He immediately starts charging another, which I reflect back for the kill.

Versus Mario, when I had a fully charged shadow ball, he would throw out the cape randomly expecting to get the read. Late in the match, I launch him to the far side of the stage and release the shadow ball expecting him to reflect it. He does, but then I send it back again, this time it hits and he flies off the stage.

For non-Mewtwo stuff:
As Ganon versus Pit, he does a normal ledge get up and I time a flame choke just right, such that Ganon is holding Pit over the ledge by his neck (and looks ****ing cool while doing so). Anyway flame choke goes off and send Pit straight down to his death.

Another time as Ganon versus Pit, I try to get a stomp offstage but miss. He jumps to recover and then I accidentally footstool him, send him to his death.

As Bowser versus Ness, I footstool him offstage and somehow he gets under it. I guess his reaction was to use PK thunder, but it immediately hits the bottom of the stage and the move ends and he falls helplessly down.

Ganon versus Robin, I get launched in the air near the top of the stage, and she comes up to follow. I use a warlock kick and she uses her up air. The blows trade and we both get sent off the top at the exact same time (same frame even, I have it on video and compared it afterwards) the only reason I won is because her KO was normal, but mine was a faceplant. At the very end it's Ganon faceplanted on the screen with GAME!.

I AKU I

Smash Cadet
NNID
murphed
A few things stand out for me. Just the other day I encountered a good ROB who kept on throwing his gyro into the ground, and doing goofy ROB stuff. I repeatedly crouched and then crouched->jabbed while he was doing this. After he left, I went Fox and got matched up against one of those campy Link players. We got disconnected due to inactivity because we refused to let go of our reflector/arrow. (I'm sure I'm not the only person who has done this)

I once got a shield break near the ledge with my Sheik and immediately used the windbox of vanish to push them off the stage to their death. Best part about it was that my opponent was at 0%! I wish I had the replay of this, but it was from several months ago T.T

I got a JV3 a few weeks ago by using only one move: rest. I thought this person was just derping around, but then they showed their true salty colors by rage quiting after the first kill. I induced yet another rage quit with Jiggs against a DK player. This guy was just spacing d-tilts, hoping that I would walk into them. Instead I rolled in and rested, but it wasn't over. He had enough time to float back down and punish me. He uses his side-B to bury me and then tries to fair me when I get released from the ground. Only problem was that I broke free way sooner than he anticipated and rested him again before he could get the fair out. Afterwards, he fell down from the platform, d-taunted as if to say WTF man, and then casually walked off the stage. I still have both of these Jiggs replays and will hopefully upload them before the next patch comes out.

In speaking of rage quits, there has been only one time where I have done it. I was playing a G&W player named Angerson and this kid had the best luck in the world. I was just dominating him throughout our first game, but he then got not one, but two judge hammers to clutch out the W. Next game, not even 30 seconds in, he d-throws me and guess what, he got the nine AGAIN. I HAD ENOUGH OF HIS BS.

This was the most embarrassed I've ever felt online or offline, but I admit that it was pretty funny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABdw1G6HQtw
- I was the Sonic and should have won this game. I'm not going to give any spoilers, I'll just say it was a very tragic ending and I should have wall-jumped.

My fave funny moment of all time has got to be when I was playing For Fun FFA on Congo jungle and the DK rap was playing in the backround. I was Jiggs and I knew the words so I joined in too. It went: Jiggly, Jiggly-Puff, Jiggly, Jiggly-Puff, Puff, Puff. (Finishes with side taunt) Then the other players tried to join in, but they didn't have the voice clips to make it work.

Last edited:

SteadyDisciple

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rorrim
I've mentioned this elsewhere, but to me the funniest was by far a match between a Yoshi and my Little Mac. Overall he was a good Yoshi, and we had a good number of close matches. One time, thought, I managed to punch him off stage, getting a K.O. punch on deck. I can only assume that he noticed, as he started trying to stall off-stage with eggs. He dropped low with them, never quite connecting as I waited at the edge of the stage. Using his double jump, he tries to bait without success, and returned to stalling just out of reach beyond the edge. Unfortunately, he dropped just a hair too low to grab the edge, and thus inadvertently SD'd while I continued to just stand there doing absolutely nothing.

Nothing else has ever been quite as satisfying as a win from the K.O. punch's sheer intimidation factor.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
First time I played For Glory on the Wii U version, I played Pit and was matched up with a Villager. The only thing I remember is that I reflected his side-b recovery on his last stock and watched him drift back off the stage before exploding, sealing his fate. At the time, I didn't know that was possible and I burst out laughing.

More recently, I decided I'd try my hand at Dedede for kicks and giggles. My opponent turned out to be another Dedede of the same palette (sweet, tasty monochrome). He had the upper hand until I accidentally used up-b and ended up careening gracefully off-stage - taking him with me in a final suicidal run to victory.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The ending to this match speaks for itself. This occurred just last night, about 20 minutes before I left home for work.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Wow. Nice to know there's a topic about this particular subject, online sheananigans.

Anyway, for now, I'll share two that happened to me. One last night, and the other some days back.

The first, sadly unrecorded since I didn't give it as much attention (MISTAKE...) since it was hilarious in retrospect. It was on Free-For-All For Fun in which it was Myself as good old Ganon, and three other players in that set. It was normal for awhile; I won some, the rest some, etc. Eventually, one or two dropped out while one of the four remained in the set. (Figured too much DISRESPECT got in their nerves or something, hehe...) The thing is, eventually two players join in, the matches following as usual. Some won, some lost, but overall fun and normal.
But soon enough, one of the last two that joined, begun using :4olimar:, and for whatever reason, he didn't fight back. He just, threw all of his Pikmin to the abyss and crouched on one edge of the stage, sort of giving a depressed vibe. Which I took as funny yet morbid, a kind of usual comedy that I find intriguing. But anyway, this left me and the other 2 to fight for at least two more matches, and by the third, I remaining as :4ganondorf:, the one that started the set with me as :4ganondorf: too and the other new player as :4link:.

Here's where it gets good, IMO.

The matches begins as usual, but instead of fighting each other, I go towards the Olimar, which I'll call 'depressed :4olimar:', and crouch near to him, giving him company. While the other two fight in the more style of a Zelda's Final battle and I find myself there just crouching there while their fight goes on. Eventually, after the match and the upcoming one goes on, I do the same as the last one 'protecting the 'depressed :4olimar:' all that jazz, but soon enough, the other :4ganondorf: ACTUALLY JOINS IN, and supports me in 'taking care of' the 'depressed :4olimar:', crouching and such while the still remaining :4link: stands there befuddled from the scene. (Not that I blame him/her) But instead of doing the same for any funny reason, this :4link: just wants to fight and begins raining the three of us with proyectiles.

Bombs, Arrows, Boomerangs, you name it.

Some hitting the 'depressed :4olimar:' and for whatever reason aside from myself, the other :4ganondorf: joins me in the 'protection' of the already mentioned Olimar in more wombo-combo style you could imagine. Disrespectful moves and attacks here and there while the 'depressed :4olimar:' remained like that for the rest of the match as usual.

This kept on for at least two matches until the connection was lost, sadly. For such a DUMB situation, it was highly entertaining at the moment. (Sort of Fanficy-esque but still worth writting here, hehe...)

Oh, and the 2nd one? Well, this one is recorded, involving a :4pacman: and a :4zss:. A match with a friend where some moments where just fun as hell.

DAT FIRST KILL THOUGH. :denzel:

:bowser:

TigerBizNiz

Smash Apprentice
The other day, I went on For Glory as Ike. The opponent that I ended up against is Fox and the thing that crosses my mind is "Oh great! Now I'm combo food!" I approached him as he just stood there. As I got to him, he SD'd himself and I'm like "Ok? A mistake maybe?" Once he respawned, I approached him again. He SDs himself yet again and I'm just thinking "Thanks.. I guess?" lol Not something I expected (unless there's lag, in which case, we had a solid connection).

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
On the 3DS version, I was playing against a Ganondorf who was trying too hard attempting to "Ganoncide" me on our last stock. I was off stage, he short hopped and made the attempt, I avoided it and he fell to his death. I was Mega Man on that match.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
^ Happened something like that to me yesterday, actually, hehe.

I was :4ganondorf: against a :4dk: on FG. The match was nothing that special. It was mostly me REKT-ing the hell out of this player until it was me around 120% against 80% of the last stock on my opponent. It was certainly easy to see that the winner was a no-brainer going to be the most disrespectful, but somehow before that happened, an amusing thing happened...

At one point in the last instant of the match, :4dk: picks me off the ledge as we were close to it, and tries to throw me into the down-part of the stage to somehow 'stage-spiking' me but with some luck, I actually managed to TECH-MYSELF to safety for some instants while he/she fell to his/her demise, leaving stunned and amused.

If only I saved it. But since I was trying to be nice, I didn't. It was surely one of the funniest things that had happened to me in the last weeks involving FG.

:bowser:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Hehe...

Good one. He surely did. The victory animation of Wario FITS so well to the situation. :dazwa:

Anyway, here's this one.

He too asked for it...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Just now on the 3DS version, shortly after respawning, this Bowser started dashing towards me and attempted the "Bowsercide" on my Mega Man, ultimately wasting his last stock.

I didn't want to save a replay of that match but the result was just too hilarious I didn't want it to pass it up so I saved it.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I was Roy against a Rosalina who was perfectly spaced with her Luma so that when she hit me over to Luma, he hit me back towards Rosalina, and vice versa so it was basically a game of tennis and I was stuck getting knocked back and forth for like a good several seconds or so lol.

the_muffin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
muffinduck01
Both of these were pretty recent.

While playing as :4bowser: against a :4dedede:, I manage to land a Bowser Bomb on him and break his shield. Fully charged Smash attack follows, but he was at 15% before so he lives. Shortly after I nail a Bowser Bomb on him AGAIN, but this time he's right on the ledge. Shield breaks, goes over the edge, falls to his death.

Doing a :4mewtwo: ditto with another guy. Late in the match, I have a fully charged Shadow Ball ready to go. I hit him with a ftilt and send him back a bit, and then immediately throw the Shadow Ball. As expected, he reflects it back at me, but I planned this and reflect it back at him. It connects, does like 40% damage, dead, GAME! In the CSS, he's already ready to go, and the 3 or 4 games we played before, and the 2 or 3 we played after, he switched characters. This is the one time he didn't. Dude was mad salty. He did manage to beat my :4ganondorf: in the next game.

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
I was playing as Jigglypuff fighting a samus in the 3DS version. I'm pretty sure the Samus was one of those trolls I've heard so much about because as soon as the battle starts they just kept rolling then charging their charging their charge shot for a split second(they even stopped at one point to just to taunt). they rolled back and forth from one side to the other, but I could still hit them(lasting hitboxes ftw) and eventually after about 30 seconds and 80% damage...they rage quit xD

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
This one happened about a month ago. I was going for a spike but with no success...and down goes Luma with him.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
This happened to me some weeks back.

I don't want to sound like a jerk or brag about it, but just, wow...

One of the few times I got an actual JV stock deal without much effort.

:dazwa:

Top Bottom