• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Funniest ragequitters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrabell

Smash Cadet
Whats the funniest way you made some one ragequit (SD or disconnecting)

I somehow made a guy ragequit by beating him up with alph.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I am mostly playing For Fun, so I don't have reasons to rage quit, but every time there is a Charizard in the match, I know it is gonna be **** (side B everywhere, all the time), so I just mess around and don't even try to win the match.

When I played For Glory, I used to "rage quit" against Rosalina & Luma and Little Mac players, because fighting those characters isn't fun at all.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
this guy i took a stock off of as ness, i was at 120 and got knocked offstage, he tried to gimp me and then got hit by PKT2 and died at 30. and i still grabbed the ledge.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
Vision countering a Puff's Rollout as Shulk while we were both in the air.

Even better when Puff BARELY misses the stage and plummets to her doom.

Mindles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMindless
3DS FC
5026-5818-5094
that moment when little mac side b....lol well usually they rage quit then midgame

Blablabug

Smash Cadet
When you manage to reflect a projectile with someone like Mario :> (hello samus)

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
when i was on For Fun teams i made everyone rage by gimping and resting them with Jiggs. not even bragging, that what happens. that +6 soo goood. but they all left, even my teammate so that's why i don't play for fun teams anymore.

Last edited:

kyxsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2423-2660-2706
The worst I've ever done, is beat a lucario samus team in overtime alone with zelda in for glory. Teleport to naryu is just sooo satisfying.

Last edited:

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Not really a rage quit but i managed to beat this person 3 times also used Dedede's crouch and Duck Hunt Duo's side taunt. Decided to check the Miiverse profile and the person had blocked me.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
I had two matches today with a friend where I managed the winning kill via reflectors.

1. Guardian Orbitars on Villager's Tree

2. Fox's Shine on Robin's Thoron

Theis

Smash Cadet
NNID
pinpong000
when you're not taken seriously because you use toonlink, body them because they dont take you seriously, and then continue to body them as they come back for salty seconds. beating characters with toonlink for what ever reason puts a lot of people on tilt real quick.

kyxsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2423-2660-2706
when you're not taken seriously because you use toonlink, body them because they dont take you seriously, and then continue to body them as they come back for salty seconds. beating characters with toonlink for what ever reason puts a lot of people on tilt real quick.
Thats real, I have been taught to fear toon link due to one of my friends skill. Stupid ludicrous side smash....

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Mine was a Little Mac. He used his side B and lunged at me but failed epically and died. Then he seemed unhappy and proceeded to self-destruct. The match lasted 11 seconds, lol.

W O N D E R

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wonderful102
3DS FC
1224-5125-5512
I am mostly playing For Fun, so I don't have reasons to rage quit, but every time there is a Charizard in the match, I know it is gonna be **** (side B everywhere, all the time), so I just mess around and don't even try to win the match.

When I played For Glory, I used to "rage quit" against Rosalina & Luma and Little Mac players, because fighting those characters isn't fun at all.
When theirs not a good player in For Glory/decent player I just play fun with them, trying not hard at all, trying to balance myself with him by SD'ing myself when I kill him to see if he taunts, and when he taunts I just go out whipe him out, I really have taunters...

Terrabell

Smash Cadet
Just managed to make a good robin player ragequit by killing him with his book LOL those things have crazy knocback.

Arilou

Smash Rookie
I picked Meta Knight once and my opponent just rage quit at the beginning of the match. I don't think they will be playing online very much if something like that is reason to ragequit.

Blablabug

Smash Cadet
I picked Meta Knight once and my opponent just rage quit at the beginning of the match. I don't think they will be playing online very much if something like that is reason to ragequit.
What ?! But Meta Knight is really not good in this game ! Oo When I meat a Bowser or a Meta Knight, I feel so confident.

Linq

Smash Cadet
NNID
LegendOfLinq
3DS FC
4639-8962-6197
I love it when people change their names in response to something you do, be it a Little Mac who changes his name to "SPAMMER" when you stay at the edge and use projectiles, or some random player that changes their name to "FLUKE" when you beat them after a few tries

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Well, if I remember correctly, I think I've had a couple matches where they legitimately LEFT the match. (Which is followed by the game loading, and the player being reaplced with an AI)

One I can remember is a Link player. I was just beating him so bad, I could see the salt in how his play style.

He generally played from afar, with arrows and projectiles, but they did almost nothing, I just approached with shield easily. Then all of a sudden, he actually starts spamming arrows, no joke. I can tell he's VERY salty now. The arrow spam was still no problem, and I just punished him. I think shortly after, I got him off the stage on the left side, and BAM loading icon on the bottom right corner. He quit, and he was replaced with an AI.

On an unrelated note:

Anyone hate when your opponent is replaced with an AI? It's really annoying when I have to fight the AI just to end the match, I mean, JUST DISCONNECT ME FROM THE MATCH PLEASE! I want to get into the next game as soon as possible... >_>

Meta 64

Smash Rookie
Whats the funniest way you made some one ragequit (SD or disconnecting)

I somehow made a guy ragequit by beating him up with alph.
did the user you beat happen to be a Duckhunt? (on topic i one time made a Ness user quit by making him pk thunder charge off the stage with Dedede's sideb....right at the beginning of the match) EDIT:wait nevermind i found out the this post was from thursday

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I love it when people change their names in response to something you do, be it a Little Mac who changes his name to "SPAMMER" when you stay at the edge and use projectiles, or some random player that changes their name to "FLUKE" when you beat them after a few tries
You ought to change your name to "Git Gud" in response.

Lozzy

Smash Rookie
NNID
eey_b0ss
3DS FC
3539-9024-8068
I had been playing a guy for a few matches and he was using various characters and whatnot, I was staying my Bowser main throughout. I have the replay saved of the game he changed to Bowser (to try and prove a point or something I guess). I took out his first stock in 31 seconds and only took 10%. He took a second of contemplation on the revival platform before running off the side of the stage and Bowser bombing to his death.

It's always funny when people switch to your main to try and say "I could beat you if we played an even game!" and then you prove that you're better at using your main.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I had been playing a guy for a few matches and he was using various characters and whatnot, I was staying my Bowser main throughout. I have the replay saved of the game he changed to Bowser (to try and prove a point or something I guess). I took out his first stock in 31 seconds and only took 10%. He took a second of contemplation on the revival platform before running off the side of the stage and Bowser bombing to his death.

It's always funny when people switch to your main to try and say "I could beat you if we played an even game!" and then you prove that you're better at using your main.
When did this happen? and on was it on WiiU or 3DS?

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I've never really met any genuine ragequitters, but I have found that there are some pretty hilarious ways of SDing. There's the usual Jolt Haymakers and Bowser Bombs, but there's something infinitely more satisfying about seeing somebody warp off-stage or just Falcon Kick themselves into oblivion.

Terrabell

Smash Cadet
did the user you beat happen to be a Duckhunt? (on topic i one time made a Ness user quit by making him pk thunder charge off the stage with Dedede's sideb....right at the beginning of the match) EDIT:wait nevermind i found out the this post was from thursday
If i recall it was a Link, but i don't really remember much of it now.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Some Yoshi changed his name to "Noobtactic" after i Ganoncided him, then i changed to Shulk & 2 stocked him & he quit.
Also anytime someone ejects their cart on the 3DS version, some people are really sore losers.

Meta 64

Smash Rookie
If i recall it was a Link, but i don't really remember much of it now.
well i found it ironic cause that day i posted i recenty fought an Alph (a good one at that) as Duck Hunt
i wasn't doing really well so on final stock i kinda gave him the match its nice to see more Olimar users online tho

missla

Smash Rookie
NNID
missla
3DS FC
5472-8401-1251
He didn't ragequit, fortunately (although I think he attempted because he hopped down, only to change his mind and come float back up), but one particular Jigglypuff player who was much better than me at the time accidentally did his spinning roll thing right off the edge at 0%. He came down from the cloud and spazzed around a bit in frustration.

I have had a couple of rage quitters after playing Yoshi and eating people with decently high percentages close to the edge so they fall to their doom trapped inside an egg.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
I've had more than one instance of someone ragequitting during a match, most of the time it's when i take out one stock and proceed to wreck the second one, the next thing that happens is a sudden frozen couple of seconds of lag and an AI bot wandering aimlessly, randomly throwing out attacks.

I even saved a replay of a Link trying hard to projectile wall me, and then upon ragequit, suddenly act as dumb as bricks.

props to Nintendo for making a workaround for ragequitters, online random smash would have been less fun if it cut you off every time someone disconnected...

Last edited:

Zanestat

Smash Rookie
It was about a 10 second match when I was Rosaluma, and my opponent was DDD. The first thing he does is use Gordo, so I proceed to use Starbits to reflect hit... He was not thrilled at my ability t reflect Gordos and SD both of his stocks.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I was Yoshi he was Robin he was off the ledge about to grab it, but before he does I dair him, he lives and tries to get back up with Elwind, as he rises up with it I bair him into/bellow the edge (this was on the Mario Kart 8 Mario Circuit) he starts falling diagonally down, and before he can recover I foot stool jump him making it to far for him to reach the ledge, after losing his first life he then SD's giving me the game. After that match I change into R.O.B. who I'm not as good with, and he changes to Shulk. After taking one of my lives he starts to t-bag throughout the mach like he's hot ****. He manages to beat me then tells me to "git gud" right before running away so I don't have the chance to beat him again. All I can say that is "LOL!"

SilkaN

Smash Cadet
NNID
SilkaN
Yesterday I've fought some dude several times, sometimes he lost, sometimes I lost and blabla.
When I switched to Jigglypuff, I managed to hit him with rest while he was on his last stock. He lost the match and even though I thought we were both at the same skill level and having fun, he left afterwards.
I don't want myself to think that he ragequitted, but quitting after getting hit by rest made it look like he was pissed to some extent.

Last edited:

Linq

Smash Cadet
NNID
LegendOfLinq
3DS FC
4639-8962-6197
I just finished going against a particularly BM person, and the final match was them playing Jigglypuff, with me as Robin. I dash attacked into the last few frames of Sing, then they whiffed Rest, and I managed to pull off a taunt (Time to tip the scales!) and forward smash for the kill. Not only did they quit, but they seem to have blocked me as well XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom