• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FUND: Help MANG0 get to EUROPE! $496.0 Goal: $1000! (BEAST 3!!!)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I would want to watch it, but his odds probably aren't as good then so I'm cool with not seeing his Falco(vs Armada anyway lol).

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Am I the only one who would prefer to see Mango go Falco?
I've seen his Fox lose the last two times, so It'd be nice for him to use a different character this time.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Am I the only one who would prefer to see Mango go Falco?
Yes

Mang0's Falco has no chance compared to his Fox. ARmada is amazing at the matchup, furthermore Peach / Falco matchup is even while Fox has advantage over Peach. Fox is has better spacing tools for the matchup and better kill options vs. Peach, Falco actually struggles to kill Peach sometimes. Fox's recovery is better so he lives longer. Peach has amazing OoS options and a very effective yet gimmicky way of dealing with Falco's lasers. Peach is a slow character and Fox has the speed + blaster to make him much more a threat for Peach than Falco. Peach really has no approach, so I think the most effective way of dealing with Peach is forcing her to approach + baiting. Peach is great at countering approaches but she has no tools to deal with campy gayness.

Example of correct Fox play vs. Peach (Armada vs. Leffen):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7EB0GA3zII&feature=player_detailpage#t=366s

But I know Mang0 won't do any gay ****. He should, however, consider a more campy approach against Armada though.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Will you gauge skill level arbitrarily, asking people from each region, or will you use Elo or something?
The plan is to keep a certain amount of spots reserved for top players and out of country people.
I'll probably be looking at Power Rankings or the like (if they exist) and "invite" people.
Meaning they'll be able to buy the tickets before it's open to the public.

Don't worry guys, it's still much time and this tournament will be AWESOME. I promise!

Battlecow

Play to Win
Wait **** only 100 people?

Dude not cool for a lot of reasons. I thought this was the next big 150 man euro tourney, and I was counting on the numbers when I donated because I think the odds of getting paid back are pretty good with 150 entrants.

I guess it doesn't really matter because I prolly woulda shoved in anyways but **** dude give us a link to the thread or something next time we're donating to bring the guy to a jank *** tourney like that

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I guess it doesn't really matter because I prolly woulda shoved in anyways but **** dude give us a link to the thread or something next time we're donating to bring the guy to a jank *** tourney like that
The tourney link has been in the OP since day 1

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
mango won't play gay.
its not his style.
To be honest, I don't think bit of laser spamming & baiting to heavy punishes is even considered "gay". I consider it just "optimal" and "efficient" Fox play in slower floaty matchups (e.g. Peach). I'd love to see Mango play like Leffen did in the example I posted because Mang0's punishment game is so good, he just needs to play bit smarter & cautious, that's all.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Mango has been traveling to a lot of tournies lately. I think he really wants to beat Armada the next time they play.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Generally, he attacks the whole time -.-a
in a safe way, like virtually all fox/falco players (maybe not most flopmerican ones). he laser camps/waits more then the average fox/falco from europe.
but thats because mango is SMARTER HURR DURR MANGO HAS THE BEST POTENTIAL READS EVERYTHING MANGO OPEN YOUR ******* SO I CAN STICK MY HEAD IN IT

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
in a safe way, like virtually all fox/falco players (maybe not most flopmerican ones). he laser camps/waits more then the average fox/falco from europe.
but thats because mango is SMARTER HURR DURR MANGO HAS THE BEST POTENTIAL READS EVERYTHING MANGO OPEN YOUR ******* SO I CAN STICK MY HEAD IN IT
Find your medication.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
I know you said you're not trolling, but I'm going to still give you the benefit of the doubt here.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Very funny. Making fun of people's illnesses is A-OK and considered to be high moral standards in flopmerica!
Dude I just have a sense of humor. I won't bother you about it any more since you can dish it out but start crying whenever someone pokes fun at you.

BTW... flopmerica just owned the olympics and landed on mars. Not bad for a bunch of dumb fat f**ks ey?

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
BTW... flopmerica just owned the olympics and landed on mars. Not bad for a bunch of dumb fat f**ks ey?
Flopmerica is the country of extremes. While you have some extremely smart (imported) people, the rest of the country is dumber than a cow's behind. While you have a few top athletes, the rest of the country is watching it in front of their tv while eating their bag of chips and drinking a gallon of Pepsi.

Yeah, real hard to find some exceptions with 400 million people to choose from. Inb4bringing up China's Olympic performance. China isn't an advanced economy so hasn't had the time/money to foster athletic performances like the USA did yet.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Flopmerica is the country of extremes. While you have some extremely smart (imported) people, the rest of the country is dumber than a cow's behind. While you have a few top athletes, the rest of the country is watching it in front of their tv while eating their bag of chips and drinking a gallon of Pepsi.

Yeah, real hard to find some exceptions with 400 million people to choose from. Inb4bringing up China's Olympic performance. China isn't an advanced economy so hasn't had the time/money to foster athletic performances like the USA did yet.
Its just funny that we have so much diversity (basically a little bit of everything) but get pooped on verbally by people from other countries constantly. Don't you have something better to do than cut down the US? I guess not.

Have you ever been here? I'm not making assumptions about the Dutch... except for the fact that they have the world leading dredging companies (I work for the largest US dredging co), lol

Not all americans are as arrogant (or as ignorant) as you think they are/want them to be, sorry.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Patriotism: Still ****ing stupid.
Quite possibly the dumbest thing I've seen on this site... and I know what the statement I just made means... :urg:

Blind, uninformed patriotism is stupid... but couldn't you substitute "patriotism" for thousands of other words and have a very correct yet extremely vague statement (I'm guessing this is what you wished to accomplish)?

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Its just funny that we have so much diversity (basically a little bit of everything) but get pooped on verbally by people from other countries constantly. Don't you have something better to do than cut down the US? I guess not.

Have you ever been here? I'm not making assumptions about the Dutch... except for the fact that they have the world leading dredging companies (I work for the largest US dredging co), lol

Not all americans are as arrogant (or as ignorant) as you think they are/want them to be, sorry.
Uh yeah, you go all patriot and bring out all of flopmerica's accomplishments after making fun of Mike's illness, I kind of get the urge to tell you how stupid it is to bring it up (not to mention unrelated).

Haven't even been there, but the numbers say it all. 35% of obesity in the US? Only 2 political parties to choose from? Low standard of education? I can tell the USA is a **** country from a distance, just like I can smell **** without seeing it.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Uh yeah, you go all patriot and bring out all of flopmerica's accomplishments after making fun of Mike's illness, I kind of get the urge to tell you how stupid it is to bring it up (not to mention unrelated).

Haven't even been there, but the numbers say it all. 35% of obesity in the US? Only 2 political parties to choose from? Low standard of education? I can tell the USA is a **** country from a distance, just like I can smell **** without seeing it.
OK, guy. How about, Mike Haggar CONSTANTLY says ****ed up **** about the US... CONSTANTLY. But I make one statement and I'm going "all patriot"? He talks **** non-stop and I poke fun at him ONCE and he didn't like it so I agreed to stop. What are you trying to get at here exactly? Aside from advertising that you are uninformed, that is.

Edit: btw, I like how you're obsessed with an american band, lol.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
"Flopmerica" just failed olympics.
Sure, putting Europe together isn't fair since Europe has more people, but even per capita, America falls far, far behind no matter how you count.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Lol.... Is your name John by chance?
Personally I couldn't care less about this particular subject, I found out about the London olympics like 2 days ago. But saying America has more good athletes than any other individual country is stupid since it has way more people than the others (except for fail-China and India). So yeah, you do have more, but not enough to brag about if you know how to do math.
I said that as a mathematician, not as a European.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Personally I couldn't care less about this particular subject, I found out about the London olympics like 2 days ago. But saying America has more good athletes than any other individual country is stupid since it has way more people than the others (except for fail-China and India). As a semi-mathematician, I had to speak.
I agree, China and India must be horrible countries lacking culture and integrity. Fail logic aside, I actually never said "America has more good athletes than any other individual country", I just made one small comment to mike haggar and everyone else from across the atlantic feels they just have to chime in since they think I am some ambassador to US talking **** about other countries in front of NATO. Hope it's been fun.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Fail as in winning olympic medals, I said nothing else about China and India.
You did say America owned the olympics, which is kind of like saying China wins at having most people, unless you actually meant compared to individual countries. The argument either says nothing or just fails.

But yeah, congrats on Mars =). That one I actually did know about, and have been following since launch.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
All this US hate is completely unwarranted. Hate on their smash community all you want, but insulting the country itself, especially if you've never been there, is completely stupid. It's a perfectly good country, for the most part. Of course there are bad parts of it, but there are bad parts of every country.

I had more to say but I forgot what it was as I was typing :embarrass:

btw, I'm not American

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Quite possibly the dumbest thing I've seen on this site... and I know what the statement I just made means... :urg:

Blind, uninformed patriotism is stupid... but couldn't you substitute "patriotism" for thousands of other words and have a very correct yet extremely vague statement (I'm guessing this is what you wished to accomplish)?
Patriotism, in any manifestation, is pathetic. You're that desperate to define yourself that you have to identify with the plot of land your parents happened to **** on? You live vicariously through the achievements of others, both in Smash and (apparently) in sports, because you're a loser who's succeeded in neither field as an individual.

Top Bottom