• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fund ARMADA TO MELEE-FC - Armada can't make it =(, refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
Aww man the donations are looking good and all, but I have a feeling that goal might not be reached. I hope I'm wrong.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I think the hype for tournies aren't what it used to be pre-apex. It's just not as exciting since we know who is the best player in the world now.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Then do you think it would be better if Peepee were to beat Armada this week end?
While I am quite confident that won't happen, the answer is Yes! It would be much better if PP were to beat Armada this weekend. What would be far better than that however would be if someone were other than those to win the tournament.

We've had the same best 5 players for a year and half now, and only the top 3 seem plausible to win an international tournament. It's harming the community.

Sacredtwin11

Smash Apprentice
While I am quite confident that won't happen, the answer is Yes! It would be much better if PP were to beat Armada this weekend. What would be far better than that however would be if someone were other than those to win the tournament.

We've had the same best 5 players for a year and half now, and only the top 3 seem plausible to win an international tournament. It's harming the community.
I don't think Ken, who dominated for ~2 years, harmed the community that much at all. And he dominated even harder than Armada has now.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I don't think Ken, who dominated for ~2 years, harmed the community that much at all. And he dominated even harder than Armada has now.
That was a different time. We had MLG back then, the community and the metagame was on fire. That was ''Who can defeat Ken''!? now it's just ''Armada is going to win again'' the situations aren't really comparable.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Armada isn't invincible, it's the same thing as Ken "Who can defeat Armada" seems to sum it up.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Armada isn't invincible, it's the same thing as Ken "Who can defeat Armada" seems to sum it up.
Armada seems invincible compared to his current competition. Or was I the only one who saw him 3-0 Mango? I can't have the blind faith in American heroes that some people on these boards seem to have, the results this weekend should speak for themselves though

Froggy, wtf are you talking about? Your attitude seems ****.
You preach too much Kage. Try being a realist for once.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
A realist is someone that will never be truly a champion. It's true that you have to look at yourself in a way from a 3rd person's perspective in order to actually fix your problems as a player.. but in this case it doesn't apply. It's true that Armada's skill level was better at that particular tournament but that doesn't mean other players aren't improving to reduce that gap or make it bigger beyond him.

Also generally someone that looks at the world with no care or is depressed in someway will not be able to look beyond of "Oh he's going to win, again, who cares.. no one has a chance."

Battlecow

Play to Win
Armada seems invincible compared to his current competition. Or was I the only one who saw him 3-0 Mango? I can't have the blind faith in American heroes that some people on these boards seem to have, the results this weekend should speak for themselves though
You're a ****ing idiot if you watched PP v. Armada at Apex and came away thinking "Man, this Nanney guy has no chance, and there's no way that he could have a chance 6 months from now"

Actually, scratch that, you're just a ****ing idiot

but you're right, the results will speak for themselves.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
PP is at a disadvantage though. PAL falco. No more lame weak spike

:phone:

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Lol Froggy, if you care about the hype in the community, why are you trying to destroy the hype in this thread?

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
You're a ****ing idiot if you watched PP v. Armada at Apex and came away thinking "Man, this Nanney guy has no chance, and there's no way that he could have a chance 6 months from now"

Actually, scratch that, you're just a ****ing idiot

but you're right, the results will speak for themselves.
Nah, you're the ****ing *******. It's because of people like you why this community is laced with such idiocy. So you think PP is going to beat Armada now? Just like you thought he was going to be him at Apex? And just like you'll think he'll win at the next tourney they meet after Smasher's reunion.

Armada will beat PP worse than he beat him last time, but like an idiot you'll believe in PP again. God you're *******, I hope you lose that money match at FC, or did you already back out of that?

Lol Froggy, if you care about the hype in the community, why are you trying to destroy the hype in this thread?
I'm not trying to destroy the hype, I'm just venting I guess. This originally started out as a simple observation of mine. Any hype in this thread is false hype though. The results will look like Impulse, pretty a much mirror reflection as what most people list as they're top 5(and in the same order too)

Sacredtwin11

Smash Apprentice
Armada isn't invincible. Hungrybox took a set off him in GFs at Apex. PP and mango may have lost to him, but all of their games were very close. Eventually-maybe this weekend, maybe Apex 2013, armada will eventually lose.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Armada isn't invincible. Hungrybox took a set off him in GFs at Apex. PP and mango may have lost to him, but all of their games were very close. Eventually-maybe this weekend, maybe Apex 2013, armada will eventually lose.
I remember Armada saying he beat Hbox in the first two games just to make sure he could and then sandbagged the other 3. Which seems to be entirely believable since he won gfs 3-0. He beat Mango 3-0 and imo PP was lucky to take a game off of him. The gap is only growing wider. I wouldn't be surprised if PP didn't take a single game from him at Smasher's Reunion.

Eventually Armada will lose of course. I imagine he'll get bored of not being challenged, just like Mango did when he screwed around as Scorpion Master.

Construct

Smash Journeyman
Froggy's posts are like a comprehensive tutorial on passive-aggressive trolling
could teach that roby fellow a thing or two

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Nah, you're the ****ing *******. It's because of people like you why this community is laced with such idiocy. So you think PP is going to beat Armada now? Just like you thought he was going to be him at Apex? And just like you'll think he'll win at the next tourney they meet after Smasher's reunion.

Armada will beat PP worse than he beat him last time, but like an idiot you'll believe in PP again. God you're *******, I hope you lose that money match at FC, or did you already back out of that?
Lol what? No one's saying PP will for sure win but does he have a chance? For sure. Is he still the underdog? Definitely. But unlike what you are saying he definitely has a chance and has done it before, its just an uphill climb. Also you can't know for sure whether the skill gap will grow or shrink between each tournament. Also what would Armada gain from sandbagging a set he was so close to winning away to Hungrybox? Wanting to make things more interesting? Oh wait nope cuz he stayed Young Link. Don't understand why you'd think Armada would do that.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
1. Armada never sandbags.
2. If he did, he would never admit it.
3. Nobody said they "think PP will win". Armada is more likely to win based on past tournaments, but it's not guaranteed. And if Armada wins, don't come back and say "I told you so", duh, you were betting on the most likely side.

Varist

Smash Lord

I'm not trying to destroy the hype, I'm just venting I guess. This originally started out as a simple observation of mine. Any hype in this thread is false hype though. The results will look like Impulse, pretty a much mirror reflection as what most people list as they're top 5(and in the same order too)
Gonna make this quote my sig. When FC rolls around and PP beats Armada, mods have to change your name to Scrub for 3 months.

Boat Mode

Smash Journeyman
Armada I really wanted to donate, but I need all my money to get there myself, finances aren't looking too hot atm.

Sorry man D=

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
We're going to chip in a donation of our own after I get in touch with Armada. Should be looking good soon. :)

LLDL

Smash Hero
Thanks Eclipsing Binary! And looking forward to that Kish! Let me know what Armada says about that.

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
Hope you can make it, Armada! Good luck. =)

Armada

Smash Lord
Thanks for all the donations so far I really appreciate it but Im not coming.
I actually not really feel for going becasue of a lot of reasons.

Good luck to everyone that is going and thanks for the donations and I will hopefully see all of you at Apex2013 or something.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Thanks Armada. I'm sorry we weren't able to figure out a way to get you here, and good luck yourself!

Armada

Smash Lord
Just have to say this

Not a single of those reasons is becasue of KishPrime/FC exc so don't judge what I said cause I believe the tournament will be really good.

Levingy

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for all the donations so far I really appreciate it but Im not coming.
I actually not really feel for going becasue of a lot of reasons.
Oh too bad =(.

chain-ace: when do I get my money back? No big hurry, but the sooner the better ofc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom