• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Full SL to intercept recoveries.

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
Warning: High Risk ; Higher Reward.
Pick up on your opponents habits and maybe get a flashy kill

Recoveries that opponents like to attack out of and bypass the ledge grab. Ex: Sonic likes to UpB into fair

Sonic UpB, Mega Man UpB, Bowser Jr. UpB / Side B, Wario Side B

Recoveries that have specific animations before grabbing the ledge. Ex: Ike's aether

Ike UpB, Cloud UpB, Shulk UpB, Kirby UpB, Little Mac UpB / Side B

Recoveries that normally dont grab the ledge at all (or have a very small sweetspot)

Villager Side B, Luigi Side B / Down B, Dr Mario Down B, Wario Down B, Peach Side B, Bayo Up B

Recoveries that behave differently when they come in contact with a hurtbox

Dark/Pit Side B, Captain Falcon Side B, Ike Side B, Sheik Down B, ZSS down B,

Recoveries that opponents like to use to climb onto the stage

Fox/Falco side B, DK up B, Ryu Side B , MK neutral B, Bayo Side B

Recoveries that opponents to like to go high and onto the stage with

Mewtwo UpB, Zelda Up B, King Dedede Up B, High Aura Lucario UpB, Sonic Up B

Also any recovery that doesnt sweetspot when poorly spaced, which is like a lot of them but most commonly I see Ryu UpB, Pac Man UpB, Ganon/Falcon Side B, Fox/Falco UpB.

Very effective on Ike's Up B, pulled this off twice on my opponent forcing him to try and space out his up B lower- which isn't always possible depending on his horizontal distance to the ledge.

Full Charge SL also has super armor throughout the length of its hitbox.

Zoramine Fae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8088-7214
Hitbox definitely goes below the stage.

Nice to know how much this is applicable to, although I don't use it often I do use it occasionally. It just happens to be situational since I prefer opponents to be above me, that's all.

Zoramine Fae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8088-7214
not really. dsmash does a better job at that. its reach does cover the horizontal magnet zone for ledges though.
the hitbox DOES go beneath the stage, but not by much. You can see it a lot easier on Smashville than on other stages.

At least, that's what I have felt like playing on it. Not entirely certain if this is true, but I can nail lower-than-edge opponents whenever I go to my friend's house for Wii U funtimes or just by watching youtube for long enough.

inconspikuous

Smash Journeyman
good stuff phyto. lol for some reason i feel like you stopped playing for like a year and then suddenly you come back with like 5 useful threads.

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
good stuff phyto. lol for some reason i feel like you stopped playing for like a year and then suddenly you come back with like 5 useful threads.
Splatoon. They just announced new updates for the game so I'll be back to splatoon soon enough.

most importantly, i was inspired by the melee meta where every little thing is taken note of despite how difficult and or insignificant it may seem. ex) X-character can do this to Y-character at this percent if and only if they DI this way.

Top Bottom