• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Full Roster Revealed, Sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninten.M1

Smash Cadet
NNID
NintenAlt
So, based on Twitch gameplay, 49 characters is the full roster. Although, I wasn't upset about some of th character choices before because of the leaker saying that wasn't the full roster, I now am a bit upset about Dr. Mario and other characters. I just feel like characters such as Ridley (even though I don't really want 'em), Mewtwo, or Isaac or a new Mother rep could've or should've beej playable. But, Duck Hunt is a pretty cool addition. I hope DLC brings Mewtwo and Wolf back, though. Why would Dark Pit be a clone, when he has so much potential? What do you guys think?
Do you think that there should be character DLC?
Do you think that Ness shouldn't be the only Mother rep the third time in the series (Maybe that's just me because I'm a Mother fan)

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
So, based on Twitch gameplay, 49 characters is the full roster. Although, I wasn't upset about some of th character choices before because of the leaker saying that wasn't the full roster, I now am a bit upset about Dr. Mario and other characters. I just feel like characters such as Ridley (even though I don't really want 'em), Mewtwo, or Isaac or a new Mother rep could've or should've beej playable. But, Duck Hunt is a pretty cool addition. I hope DLC brings Mewtwo and Wolf back, though. Why would Dark Pit be a clone, when he has so much potential? What do you guys think?
Do you think that there should be character DLC?
Do you think that Ness shouldn't be the only Mother rep the third time in the series (Maybe that's just me because I'm a Mother fan)
There are many threads for this. And the full roster was revealed a long time ago when the leak happened. You can easily find all the threads that refer to all of your points.

Sonicthesneak

Smash Ace
I agree with you Ninten but you won't find much sympathy on the internet right now or on the Smashboards. So take that for what you will. I'm mostly just keeping it to myself and lurking threads to try and force myself to accept the roster as is. I'd recommend doing the same for a bit. Less likely to get yelled at.

And to be fair, there are a lot of threads about this.

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
If most of the community members knew about this beforehand, wouldn't this thread be redundant?

Ninten.M1

Smash Cadet
NNID
NintenAlt
There are many threads for this. And the full roster was revealed a long time ago when the leak happened. You can easily find all the threads that refer to all of your points.
I know the roster was leaked, but the leaker had said that that wasn't the full roster, which turned out to be a lie. That's why I said the full roster is officially confirmed. And yes, there are other threads for this, but I never made one before, and I felt like talking about this.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I know the roster was leaked, but the leaker had said that that wasn't the full roster, which turned out to be a lie. That's why I said the full roster is officially confirmed. And yes, there are other threads for this, but I never made one before, and I felt like talking about this.
There might be more. We haven't hacked the game, which could revealed planned characters(besides obviously Ice Climbers). DLC is just one way we could get more. DLC patches were confirmed, so it's pretty likely.

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
There might be more. We haven't hacked the game, which could revealed planned characters(besides obviously Ice Climbers). DLC is just one way we could get more. DLC patches were confirmed, so it's pretty likely.
Can you give me a source of the DLC patch?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Confirmed roster.. for what? the next month or two? DLC is happening. This is a holiday release game. Nintendo is not going to SNEAK the DLC by us. I bet we see

!WARNING CHALLENEGER APPROACHING!

Before November is even ogre.

Also, why would anyone expect Ridley to be confirmed / deconfirmed for the 3DS when it's so CLEAR he is linked to Pyrosphere.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Ninten.M1

Smash Cadet
NNID
NintenAlt
Thread #55 complaining about the roster.
I wasn't complaining about the roster. I was simply asking a question. I like the roster, but it confuses me on why Sakurai did the things he did. And I will admit, I don't like the idea of Dark Pit, simply because he's just as everyone expected, a clone. And from what I've seen, there's no differences in attacks, jumps, movement, etc. That's not complaining about it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I wasn't complaining about the roster. I was simply asking a question. I like the roster, but it confuses me on why Sakurai did the things he did. And I will admit, I don't like the idea of Dark Pit, simply because he's just as everyone expected, a clone. And from what I've seen, there's no differences in attacks, jumps, movement, etc. That's not complaining about it.
He shouldn't be spamming those messages anyway. Report a thread that shouldn't exist or don't speak.

Anyway, there are differences. Different Final Smash, Dark Pit is heavier. I don't know much myself, but there has to be changes otherwise he wouldn't be more than a costume/alt/color for Pit instead.

I don't like the choice either, but it's for different reasons.

Ninten.M1

Smash Cadet
NNID
NintenAlt
He shouldn't be spamming those messages anyway. Report a thread that shouldn't exist or don't speak.

Anyway, there are differences. Different Final Smash, Dark Pit is heavier. I don't know much myself, but there has to be changes otherwise he wouldn't be more than a costume/alt/color for Pit instead.

I don't like the choice either, but it's for different reasons.
You know where I can see the Final Smash? I've only seen DuckHunt's and Dr. Mario's

LordVacation

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SpaceVacation
There will *likely* be DLC.
I don't think there will be any transfer characters like some assume though it'd be welcome.
There's technically 51 characters including all 3 Miis and clones, which is... good... but... there's a reason 70% of people are tripping on it.
Ridley, Mewtwo, Ice Climbers, Snake and maybe another surprise or two would keep me content.

When the final roster first leaked no part of me felt like it was the FINAL roster, so truthfully I still don't...
It just doesn't feel right...
ROB being the final character...? ROB?

If we get DLC expect it like 5-7 months after Wii U release.

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/replies/AYMHAAACAAAYUKlmo4m6Iw

Sakurai himself told us of a DLC patch day 1 for the Japanese version. Funny who of anyone confirmed it, heh.

Not that it guarantees any character DLC, but it it does mean downloads have happened. Keep in mind Brawl had DLC for custom courses too. Kind of weak, but was DLC none the less.
Thanks for the source and clarification Hyper Falcon, I was a bit unsure what DLC really meant.

(Now allow me to brush up on what I was trying to say) I'm really not thinking of character DLC that highly. It is possible to add existing fighters from other smash bros titles, but i'm not really sure about how that idea will play out.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Thanks for the source and clarification Hyper Falcon, I was a bit unsure what DLC really meant.

(Now allow me to brush up on what I was trying to say) I'm really not thinking of character DLC that highly. It is possible to add existing fighters from other smash bros titles, but i'm not really sure about how that idea will play out.
Nor am I. Now, being Nintendo, they're heavily DLC happy lately. I'm expecting some veterans at most, if anything. Other DLC too, of course. Snake and PT are my least expected.

Also, maybe Items could be back. The Fan, Red Shell, etc.

Ninten.M1

Smash Cadet
NNID
NintenAlt

Really, the only reason why I think DLC is highly possible is because of Dr. Mario. I know Sakurai is probably going to get numerous amounts of hate mail and rage and such about "u put clone maro but no moo2 and fire marth??" so maybe he'd probably bring Mewtwo with Ice Climbers because seriously, why were they cut?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Really, the only reason why I think DLC is highly possible is because of Dr. Mario. I know Sakurai is probably going to get numerous amounts of hate mail and rage and such about "u put clone maro but no moo2 and fire marth??" so maybe he'd probably bring Mewtwo with Ice Climbers because seriously, why were they cut?
Ice Climbers had technical issues that prevented them from working properly. We don't know the details, though. If he fixed them, they'll be back.

Also, Dr. Mario was likely a last minute addition, and Mewtwo may have never been in at all. We have yet to see the game's code and who was planned. Basically, like the Forbidden 7 in Brawl. Keep in mind Dr. Mario and Mewtwo were both there.

Also, Marth has a new costume where he wears Roy's clothes.(also, confusing the two Roys with each other wouldn't have been fun, so I imagine that's why Marth didn't get a Roy alt, since Bowser Jr. had a different Roy alt).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom