• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

fsmash

Status
Not open for further replies.

animegeek

Smash Rookie
While playing today i noticed that luigi's fsmash can be influenced by the direction the control stick is pressed. If it is slightly upward, he will stab upward; if it is downward, he jabs downward. Is there is any way to use this to your advantage? It's probably been covered on here before, but I couldn't find anything using the search.

I started using luigi about a month ago, after seeing one of ppa0's vids. That really inspired me to see how good I could get. and if I sound like a noob on here I'm sorry; it's my first post!

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I think if you angle it down, it will send them at a slightly more horizontal angle (not sure about this). Angling it up/down also shortens its range, but I don't know of any uses for this.

Jeez

Smash Rookie
If you angle the fmash slightly downward, it's probably more beneficial because it sends the opponent more foward, and a higher chance of KO.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
While playing today i noticed that luigi's fsmash can be influenced by the direction the control stick is pressed. If it is slightly upward, he will stab upward; if it is downward, he jabs downward. Is there is any way to use this to your advantage? It's probably been covered on here before, but I couldn't find anything using the search.

I started using luigi about a month ago, after seeing one of ppa0's vids. That really inspired me to see how good I could get. and if I sound like a noob on here I'm sorry; it's my first post!
First of all, welcome to the world of Luigi. And no, you don't really sound like a noob.

As for the Fsmash.. it really doesn't matter how you aim it. It's not that useful in combos anyway, so just try to hit straight for finishing moves.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Forward smash is awesome when it comes down to stylish Luigi play, mind you. A nice jab to the abdomen is too cool 4 school. :cool: If you play against someone that has a lot of Luigi fighting experience, messing around with the angles of the forward smash can throw their DI off in interesting ways sometimes. I occasionally get KO's off the top by angling it upwards because my opponent's instinct is to DI up when expecting to be sent at a horizontal trajectory with a typical Luigi f-smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom