• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FSC - Florida Smash Circuit

BEHR

Smash Hero
If there was Atl South Circuit it should be Melee only.

:colorful:

AfroQT

Smash Master
Uhhh no...
If theres a Atl South circuit it should be for brawl and melee. If thats not possible, then 2 circuits 1 for brawl 1 for melee.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Fire works. :3 I also hope it is at least in the summer, so that by then I'll have money and time to attend! : D

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Lol your Florida now? Thats awesome, I wish I was Florida. ;P

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Kevin,... you were Florida before you left,...

The state man, it draws people here and never lets go,... you may think you have escaped,... but it just drags you back. See, Florida is just a trap.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
This is how it works

we need 5 events and we give out points at each event for the top 32 placing people

Lets Say

FIU in SFL
PHB in Tally
Gigs in Orlando
GDX and HRNUT can host something in Orlando as well
Maybe......MAYBE we can do the last event in Tampa, Gainsville or Jacksonville.

Singles:

1st-45
2nd-35
3rd-25
4th-15
5th-12
7th-10
9th-8
13th-4
17th-2
32nd(I think)-1

Doubles:

The same exact way except U and ur teamate both get points after every tourney. If U don't always have the teamate U still get your points. If Afro and Seibrik take 1st in 1 tourney and in the next Afro teams with Me to get 1st while HRNUT teams with Seibrik to get 2nd then Afro will have more points than Seibrik. In the end, the 2 people with the most points win doubles.

To raise money for the FSC we wil take out 20% of each tourney's pot total. We can take record of how much money was made at each tourney and at the end of the FSC 1st 2nd and 3rd place will get the money.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
You say maybe the final event could be in Jacksonville, when everything you listed is SFL or CFL already? I know Jacksonville isn't the best place for tourneys by any means, but you need to share the wealth a little. There's Gmoney's UNF setup, which I'm not real familiar with, but this is starting up also- http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6415618#post6415618. It's not large, but the management's been happy to do things the way this community and site have already become accustomed to, and I'm sure they can find accomadations for spillover from at least one larger tourney, as long as it will make them some money, of course; but the leauges used to rent out facilities, and they still made money.

Now enough quibbling, will there be any permanent registration needed, and if you don't go to previous ones, can you still go to the later events?

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Shouldn't be a problem

Ok

Orlando
Tallahassee
Miami
Tampa
Jacksonville

U can register for all 5 events and U don't have to go to all of them

There can B a 6th tourney that is ran the same way that the last ECRC tourney is ran. Where the top 26 players automatically get in and there is an amateur bracket to determine the last 6 spots.

Also, to make things a lil more interesting. At tourneys, players will be allowed to have points matches. Which are like money matches w/ points instead of money.

For example

Lets say that Dreadz earned 13 points and Redhalberd earned 15.

Red and Dreadz can wager up to 13 points to see who has them. As long as the match is recorded and there is vocal or visual proof that there was a bet made then player can fight for each others points. This way Players could ensure their spot into the Final Tourney, plus we can add in the importance of money matches(Point matches will take place of money matches unless players want to wager money AND points)

This way if random people think that they are better than a high ranked player like Afro they can fight him and earn points from beating him if he accepts this.

bigman40

Smash Master
I'll definitely be trying to make any tourney if you get some in GA. If it's in FL, it'll depends on date, money, and my rides. Summer is always cool since I will get my car back and drive with my friends down there :) But yeah, GET GA IN THIS ****!

B_AWAL

Smash Master
So U guys wanna get this started in March? We can do this thing over 3 or 4 months and end it around June?

When is FAST2 btw?

B_AWAL

Smash Master
SO

Tampa
Jacksonville
Miami
Tallahassee
Orlando

How does that order sound?

Every tourney will have a house fee(Tourneys hosts gotta pay for venue and all that ish)
But house fee wil b only 5 dollars

Brawl Singles will B 10 dollars
Brawl doubles will be 10 dollars a person

Now what about rules?

Like stages and counterpicks???

and striking? Also, will we ban MK??? Naw I'm jus playin... but more importantly, will we have Melee 1 day and Brawl the next or will we do all 4 tourneys in 1 day?

B_AWAL

Smash Master
So how about we talk about the important circuit of the two(ya know..the melee one).
I think we should start that one at WATO
Where...the H*ll...is WATO!?!
But yeah, we def said that we are catering to both games.
If WATO does Melee AND Brawl then if it's at a good location it shouldn't be a problem.

ROFL I thought that was supposed to be a secret. But yeah makes sense. March makes sense though.
U finna go greek or sumthin...?

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Start whenever yal stupid afro next time you go snake ima luigi the **** out of your *** xD

An im the realist...next to dreadz....

RUDE BOI!!!!

I....am...numba 1!!!!

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Lol thanks man =)

It still needs work being consistent...i was real consisten during our little friendly lol =)

I usually team with Lamugi...but if i think i know what your saying ill team with you anyday if Noel cant go to a tourney son!!! xD

B_AWAL

Smash Master
So check me out!!!

If WE REALLY WANNA DO THIS,

I'm a need 2 reps from

Jacksonville(Gmoney???)
Tampa(RedHal and CO18???)
Orlando(Prob GDX and HRNUT)
Miami(Seibrik and AFro???)
Tallahassee(Me and Esper)

We need to make sure we can have venues for a full day and host both Brawl and Melee doubles and Singles.

We can work on the pointsystem later, right now we need just a committee so we can work on this ish,

We can GET sponsorships and even new reporters to come out!
Hell, White parents will be happy and **** wen they read about the youth doing anything fun aside from fighting each other physically. Not being racist....

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
co18 isnt even from tampa. i nominate lamugi and some other kid. i have a house available in tampa now if that works as a venue.

lets do this it'll be sick

Top Bottom