• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frontpage: Not clear whether trophy is Geno, unfortunately it's not him..

C3rvantos

Smash Rookie
I watched the video a few times and although it's all very hazy and it's hard to see I'm sure that the trophy is KAMEK, without the broom
Kamek has the same blue outfit and the same skincolor...too bad

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
It seems to be standing like Geno does and I can't imagine Kamek without his broom :)

TheMuffinMan0311

Smash Apprentice

It looks nothing like Geno, or Munclax even...it doesn't look like either of them. It has a silver top, a round pudgy form, turquoise body with a skin-colored "bib" around the neckline, stubby arms, a pants-like area which is gray, and bright-red rounded shoes...

Nasir

Smash Apprentice
I watched the video a few times and although it's all very hazy and it's hard to see I'm sure that the trophy is KAMEK, without the broom
Kamek has the same blue outfit and the same skincolor...too bad
What do you mean by unfortunately? If you want Geno as playable then it's only good that it's not him. If it would be him, he would pretty much be deconfirmed.

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
What do you mean by unfortunately? If you want Geno as playable then it's only good that it's not him. If it would be him, he would pretty much be deconfirmed.
Don't be so hasty...why would Nintendo buy the rights for a mere trophy? It's not exactly cost effective. I suppose they might, but it seems more plausible that they just make him a fighter if this really is his trophy. The picture is too blurry to tell.

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
My guess is Kamek as he seems the most likely to be an assist trophy.
Sometimes the stupidity on these boards amazes me.

Assist Trophies don't disappear when picked up, and they have a glass case around them, hiding the character inside.

This is a REGULAR trophy, just one more to add to the collection.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Maybe it's Baby Bowser They got his colouring seriously messed up in Yoshi's Story and then went on to make it look really messed up in his Melee trophy.

His body was RED. RED.

So yeah, they got the colours mixed up again and it's Baby Bowser. Or it's Mario wearing a penguin suit. Or something.

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
Whatever it is, it has red feet or shoes. Neither Munchlax nor Geno have red feet or shoes.
*sigh*

It's the color of the trophy stand.

Also, it's a poor quality picture, there's probably some glitches in the color... because trophy stands are more bronze/golden instead of red/orange. Thus, it's also possible that the character ON the trophy stand has brown feet... like... Geno.

You can't rule him out judging by this poor quality zoomed in picture.

It's better to judge while looking at the actual footage this appeared in. It might not be clear there either, but it's always better than the responses this picture alone is getting.

Saigo

Smash Rookie
Don't be so hasty...why would Nintendo buy the rights for a mere trophy? It's not exactly cost effective. I suppose they might, but it seems more plausible that they just make him a fighter if this really is his trophy. The picture is too blurry to tell.
I know right? Its almost as stupid as buying the rights for Geno just to use him as nothing more than a minigame instructor. Good thing Nintendo isn't doing that.

Oh wait...

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Comparing two different types of games and appearances? For shame.
With a project like Brawl, Geno is either playable or a trophy. If he is in SuperStar Saga for a cameo, Nintendo will have no problem asking to use him for such a huge game as this.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
whats this red shoes nonsense ppl are talking about? the color is just weird from the low quality. watch it again, thats the trophy base.

Anonymousity

Smash Cadet
I know right? Its almost as stupid as buying the rights for Geno just to use him as nothing more than a minigame instructor. Good thing Nintendo isn't doing that.

Oh wait...

I still think it would be funny if all Geno did in Brawl was explain how to use the coin launcher or something.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Yeah it probly is.

I'm sure Geno would get SOMETHING in the game though, playable character or not. Actually, I'm sure I've seen a screenshot or video with a Geno sticker somewhere... was it a fake? Or am I imagining things? ^^;

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Yeah it probly is.

I'm sure Geno would get SOMETHING in the game though, playable character or not. Actually, I'm sure I've seen a screenshot or video with a Geno sticker somewhere... was it a fake? Or am I imagining things? ^^;
I think you are. lol.

Come to think of it, why haven't we seen any references to Super Mario RPG in like the entire SSB series? (Besides Peach's Frying Pan)

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I think you are. lol.

Come to think of it, why haven't we seen any references to Super Mario RPG in like the entire SSB series? (Besides Peach's Frying Pan)
I wouldn't be surprised if Square owned nearly everything in that game... maybe even locations and music...

gnuf

Smash Apprentice
i think lots of people are getting AT and trophies mixed up. do i need to remind all you idiots what an assist trophy looks like? god i dont want to sound like an *** but everyone see a trophy of someone and they be like omg deconfirm or confirm. trophies and at look completely different. HERE IS A REMINDER OF WHAT IT LOOK LIKE http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items.../assist01.html

DarkDisco

Smash Cadet
NNID
n8RhymesWith
3DS FC
2707-1751-6632
In the Iwata asks interview, sakurai talks about going above and beyond just to get trophies in the game, so that people can see their favorite characters who didn't make it to the final roster.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
exactly. If Geno truly is third party, square would not be approached and paid the rights for him to simply be a collectible trophy. However, Geno being a trophy could go either way argument wise, because if you think, he appeared as nothing more than a cameo in one of the mario bros gameboy games. And IF he WAS a playable char, would nintendo have been so foolish as to include a hint at his presence in a demo?

either way he should AT LEAST be an AT imo. Although, i dont think the trophy in question looks like him or munchlax.

Top Bottom