• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

From what I'm hearing samus is doomed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Unless some special tricks are pulled up her arm cannon, she's doomed. I mean come on, Hugs was practically the best samus in melee, in brawl this player is just an average, upper-level tornament player with samus.

Chepe

Smash Lord
How about no one's had the game long enough to fully utilize a character's full potential yet? Seriously. The metagame is still at one where people are trying to play it like Melee when it comes to approaches and such, and apparently level 9s can even teach you things! People still generally havent air dodged enough because the game its so darn different from Melee... give it time.

Samus is just a completely different character this time, the same tricks in Melee wont work.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
It took years for Melee's competitive scene to take off, it's only obvious Brawl will take a while to figure out.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
basically wut these guys said. she is far from doomed id say. if anything she could end up higher than she was in melee. people do indeed fear change.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
From my (limited) experience, Melee Samus Players play bad Brawl Samuses. Or at least, a guy who trashed me in a tourney with his Melee Samus got similarly trashed while playing Brawl Samus to my Zelda (which I have played <10 times).

Then again, he straight-up refused to adapt, even when I dropped hints that new strategies might exist. "Hey, I hear the mid-air grapple is a decent attack now." "Hey, I hear the homing missile is better than the smash missile land-canceled now." His response? "Meh. Samus is BS garbage now."

Boolossus

Smash Ace
*Turns on dramatic voice*

Uh-oh... looks like Samus is doomed to be a low tier, and Samus players are destined to be on the bottom of tournament brackets. Is there anything we can do? Is there anyone who can save us? :urg:

Dream Chaser

Smash Journeyman
When I played brawl, almost all the opinions of some people turned out to be rather... void of meaning.

The only thing that I heard that turned out to be correct is that Ike is a beast. I couldnt play as him very well but others sure could. One thing I noticed is that you couldnt choose a character to win, the game appeared much more balanced.

Personally, I rather liked Samus.

Ofcourse, no-one had years of experience and we were all playing how it was intended to be played (not knowing any glitches), so it makes sense that it seemed balanced

X Megadragon

Smash Cadet
If anything, Samus improved from Melee. Her Z attacks got major buffs, and the homing missiles are actually useful now.

Brawl hasn't even released in US and we've already discovered all of these techniques. Heck, Gum found a Ken Combo for Samus... so imagine how many awesome techniques Samus will have when Brawl DOES come out.

Samus has the potential for high tier.

ADHD

Smash Hero
If anything, Samus improved from Melee. Her Z attacks got major buffs, and the homing missiles are actually useful now.

Brawl hasn't even released in US and we've already discovered all of these techniques. Heck, Gum found a Ken Combo for Samus... so imagine how many awesome techniques Samus will have when Brawl DOES come out.

Samus has the potential for high tier.
Ken combo? Could I see somehow?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Okay....for the last time, stop making threads saying she is going to suck/be amazing. AS OF NOW she is a bad character, but the game has been out for practically no time in japan, let alone the U.S. Samus has the POTENTIAL to be mid/high tier, but since we haven't found anything broken, she is as of now low mid/low. Yes she has buffs, but people play brawl samus like melee samus for the most part, so we can't realy exploit her buffs, but only ***** at her changes. ****ing wait for the game to come out so you can take your own opinion on it, and if you don't like it, quit, but dont' ****ing say OMG SHE SUCKS BALLS!!!!

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
We don't need any more speculation threads made by people who haven't played Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom