• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

From Sheep, to Bipedal Sheep, to Hoofed Dragon: Ampharos!

If I do another WTF Pokémon thread, what should I do?

• Throh/Sawk duo

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Mr. Mime

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Tyrogue

• Weavile

• Porygon

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Other (tell me below)

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Don't do another thread!

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Yep, I said I would make it, and here it is! As I said in the title, the Ampharos line is the weirdest line in Pokémon. And with Snorlax, Hawlucha, Breloom, Pangoro and Klefki threads around, Ampharos seems like a Pokémon that would be really cool for moveset potential alone. He also got a new Mega Evolution, showing that he isn't forgotten. And I think he would fit into Sm4sh myself. He's the closest thing to an Electric/Fighting type. And he wouldn't just be a Pikachu clone, he's got MUCH more potential then that.

Movesets:

[collapse=By me]B (Power Gem): Ampharos charges energy on his gem. Once he releases the attack, it can do one of 2 things. Not charged at all, he fires a huge beam upwards from his gem. Fully charged or anywhere in the middle, Ampharos lets loose a radial explosion, the size of which depends on how much charge the attack has.
Side B (Thunder Wave): Ampharos fires a curved blast of thunder that grows bigger as it travels. It disappears once it travels about 1 foot from Ampharos.
Up B (Cotton Spore): Ampharos generates a chain of cotton that is used as a tether recovery.
Down B (Light Screen): Ampharos creates a floating platform of light next to him. These platforms can be stood on, but disappear instantly after they are. They also disappear naturally after 3 seconds.
Final Smash (Outrage): Ampharos Mega Evolves and surrounds himself in a strange blue light. Ampharos can then fly around the screen, much like Volt Tackle. Press A to use Dragon Rage and fire a beam of blue energy, and press B to use Discharge, dropping a bomb of blue energy.[/collapse]
[collapse=By Tepig2000]Neutral Special - Electro Ball

Ampharos creates a electric ball and shoots it. It is very fast but not that powerful.

Side Special - Thunder Punch

Ampharos punches with his fist covered in electricity. Does great damage and knockback.

Up Special - Wild Charge

In the ground, Ampharos runs forwards covered in electricity. It has some starting lag as Ampharos builds up electricity. In the air Ampharos charges (he falls slowly during this) and then charges at the direction you press, covered in electricity.

Down Special - Flash

Ampharos suddenly flashes in a white color. Anyone near it gets stunned as if hit with a Deku Nut.

Final Smash - Mega Combo

Ampharos mega evolves. Then, he charges a lot of electricity in his body and unleashes it around the stage. He then recharges, jumps to the top of the screen and throws a giant Electro Ball down. The Electro Ball explodes if it hits the ground.[/collapse]

Pros of including Ampharos:
  • He'd be unique
  • He has a Mega Evolution now
  • 2nd gen is underrepped
Cons of including Ampharos:
  • He isn't as relevant as other Pokémon reps
  • We already have an electric type in the game
  • He is not popular or iconic enough
Supporter List: Fortanono, Brawler610, Tepig2000, MorbidAltruism, Mega Dunsparce

So, I hope you like it, be sure to vote in the poll for what I should do next! Peace out!

D

Deleted member

I like the moveset! But, I think that you should expand the original post a little bit more. :p

You should include some positives and negatives or arguments.

D

Deleted member

Okay! Do you support?
Sure. Why not?
However, I am more of a fan of the Pikachu evolution line as I hate how pitifully slow Ampharos is. Once I made it to Kanto in HeartGold, I replaced my Ampharos with a Pikachu (which of course evolved into a Raichu).
It would be a fun addition in Smash though.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Sure. Why not?
However, I am more of a fan of the Pikachu evolution line as I hate how pitifully slow Ampharos is. Once I made it to Kanto in HeartGold, I replaced my Ampharos with a Pikachu (which of course evolved into a Raichu).
It would be a fun addition in Smash though.
Yeah, Ampharos doesn't have to be slow in this. He LOOKS agile.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I support. In the OP it says "And with Snorlax, Hawlucha, Breloom, Pangoro and Klefki threads around". You could change it to "And with Snorlax, Hawlucha, Breloom, Pangoro, Klefki and Smeargle threads around" because I created a Smeargle thread.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
I support. In the OP it says "And with Snorlax, Hawlucha, Breloom, Pangoro and Klefki threads around". You could change it to "And with Snorlax, Hawlucha, Breloom, Pangoro, Klefki and Smeargle threads around" because I created a Smeargle thread.
I know that. I even made a moveset, but this is mainly because a lot of these are new, and the Smeargle thread predated the widespread phenomenon.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am going to support this, his wavy hair is immaculate. As a metal-head, I find it difficult to not want Ampharos! He was important enough to get a Mega Evolution... amirite?

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I know that. I even made a moveset, but this is mainly because a lot of these are new, and the Smeargle thread predated the widespread phenomenon.
I started a chain of WTF Pokémon threads? Cool! The thread was not even supossed to be a WTF one!

Fortanono

Smash Ace
I don't like the idea of Sawk being the "main character". Both of them should be equally important like Popo and Nana.
Yeah, I know. I'm just saying, it would be a very cool concept where one attacks and the other grabs enemies.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
Maybe it could be like this but you could switch between the two to choose the leader?
Cool idea! I think Throh does the grabbing all the time, and while Throh attacks, Sawk will attack nearby enemies passively!

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Cool idea! I think Throh does the grabbing all the time, and while Throh attacks, Sawk will attack nearby enemies passively!
And for throws, Throh could grab and throw while Sawk pummels. Throh grabs the enemy with both hands, then Sawk knees the enemy when you press the attack button.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
My Ampharos moveset:

Neutral Special - Electro Ball

Ampharos creates a electric ball and shoots it. It is very fast but not that powerful.

Ampharos punches with his fist covered in electricity. Does great damage and knockback.

Up Special - Wild Charge

In the ground, Ampharos runs forwards covered in electricity. It has some starting lag as Ampharos builds up electricity. In the air Ampharos charges (he falls slowly during this) and then charges at the direction you press, covered in electricity.

Down Special - Flash

Ampharos suddenly flashes in a white color. Anyone near it gets stunned as if hit with a Deku Nut.

Final Smash - Mega Combo

Ampharos mega evolves. Then, he charges a lot of electricity in his body and unleashes it around the stage. He then recharges, jumps to the top of the screen and throws a giant Electro Ball down. The Electro Ball explodes if it hits the ground.

Fortanono

Smash Ace
My Ampharos moveset:

Neutral Special - Electro Ball

Up Special - Wild Charge

Down Special - Flash

Final Smash - Mega Combo

Ampharos mega evolves. Then, he charges a lot of electricity in his body and unleashes it around the stage. He then recharges, jumps to the top of the screen and throws a giant Electro Ball down. The Electro Ball explodes if it hits the ground.
Added!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom