• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frogger Leaps into Battle! Frogger for DLC! Thanks for support!

Do you want Frogger as DLC?

• yes

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • no

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Doctor3AM

Smash Apprentice
How bout color ideas?

Green
Yellow w/ Purple Eyes
Blue
Black (like the road)
Brown & Green (Turtle)
Purple (Lady Frog)
Firefly Color
Color based on one of the cars in the original game.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
How bout color ideas?

Green
Yellow w/ Purple Eyes
Blue
Purple (like the dirt on the sides of the road in the original game)
Black (like the road)
Brown & Green (Turtle)
Purple (Lady Frog)
Firefly Color
It'd be interesting if they made it like Duck Hunt, where Frogger's appearance is based on other species of frogs. And Lady Frog, of course. :p

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Smash fan logic: Snake > Bomberman > Simon Belmont >>>>>>>> Goemon >>>>>>>>>>> Frogger
Rather obvious that most are going with that argument regarding his irrelevancy. It's probably because nobody even thought of the idea of a playable Frogger until now while these four characters had requests since Brawl. :4duckhunt:
I was admittedly uninvolved then, but I don't really recall much a presence for Snake, Goemon, or Simon Belmont pre-Brawl. The only third parties I recall seeing were Sonic, Mega Man, and Bomberman. I think that's why Snake was such a surprise to me; I'd never even heard of him back then up to that point.

Edit: As for the colors, why not poison dart frogs, and tree frogs for some ideas?

Last edited:

Doctor3AM

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, never thought of that. Maybe....
Arcade Sprite
Lady
Strawberry Poison Dart Frog
Pacman Frog (ehh? ehh?)
Red Eyed Tree Frog
Toad Color
Firefly Color

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Hmm, never thought of that. Maybe....
Arcade Sprite
Lady
Strawberry Poison Dart Frog
Pacman Frog (ehh? ehh?)
Red Eyed Tree Frog
Toad Color
Firefly Color
I think every character should have a sprite costume of some sort. Maining Strawberry Frogger though.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
My favorite current design of Frogger.

Someone PS proficient should really get on these recolor ideas though. I gotta see them in real life.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I like the color options being other frogs, although based on the games themselves would neat as well. And here is some more art:( big images)

Courtesy of @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I like the color options being other frogs, although based on the games themselves would neat as well. And here is some more art:( big images)

Courtesy of @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11
If the third one actually would've happened, I'd have no complaints. That's a thing of beauty.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If the third one actually would've happened, I'd have no complaints. That's a thing of beauty.
Agreed, that's one of my perfection third party lists. I wouldn't mind if others joined the group though.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Agreed, that's one of my perfection third party lists. I wouldn't mind if others joined the group though.
I love so many third parties, I'd definitely be happy with more (although I must admit I like that picture as much as I do, becuse it DOESN'T have Snake or Ryu in it). Goemon, Arle, Morrigan, Lloyd, Viewtiful Joe, are all high on my list too.

Edit: I just saw Ryu :crying:I take back what I said, I don't like that picture as much any more.:p

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
What's the beef with Ryu?
Just never liked him, especially with his current design. Very bland character to me. When it comes to SF, the only characters I really like are Chun-Li and M.Bison, everyone else is just meh.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Still, I'd prefer Ryu stay, he's earned his spot imo.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I'm really opinionated on the characters I want, so honestly I'd love to see about a third of the roster go (definitely including the three @ Doctor3AM Doctor3AM mentioned).

As for Ryu, I don't really think he's "earned" anything. He may be the mascot for what is the most important fighting game series ever, but he was pushed into that spot by Capcom. I'd say in terms of overall popularity Chun-Li is right on par with him, and even then neither of them are THAT big a deal to where they have followings outside the FGC like the other 3rd parties in the game.

I just think he's become so overrated, but as many have already told me "thank god YOU'RE not in charge of making the roster".
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Eh, I won't harass someone views on the roster. Everyone each has their own tastes. Which is probably a good reason as to why frogger isn't as highly requested.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Eh, I won't harass someone views on the roster. Everyone each has their own tastes. Which is probably a good reason as to why frogger isn't as highly requested.
This is true, everyone has their own opinions. I'll stop now :grin:

Also, we've almost hit 100 posts! Wooop!:happysheep:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm very surprised we have reached 100 posts now! So for the 100th post, I'll start a new discussion. What music would you add if frogger got in? This can be from frogger or any other classic arcade games.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I'm very surprised we have reached 100 posts now! So for the 100th post, I'll start a new discussion. What music would you add if frogger got in? This can be from frogger or any other classic arcade games.
Honestly I wouldn't know. None of the Frogger music or themes stick out to me.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
i made this icon for Frogger
I am sorry that i am really late to this!, But this is great, thank you very much for making it!
WIth everything with school irl, and me not always getting notifications, I kept forgetting to post here. And now, sadly the boards are closing. I hope I can be more active these last few days. With the ballot overm I don't see much hope for Frogger, but I do think he could show up next game. Which leads me to ths question. How likely do you think Frogger is for next game?

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I am sorry that i am really late to this!, But this is great, thank you very much for making it!
WIth everything with school irl, and me not always getting notifications, I kept forgetting to post here. And now, sadly the boards are closing. I hope I can be more active these last few days. With the ballot overm I don't see much hope for Frogger, but I do think he could show up next game. Which leads me to ths question. How likely do you think Frogger is for next game?
i think we probably wont see Frogger in smash before we get both Snake and Bomberman.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
i think we probably wont see Frogger in smash before we get both Snake and Bomberman.
I could see bomberman get in first, but due to Nintendo not wanting Snake, and Konami abandoning metal gear basically, I think it would be bomberman first.
I gave my last vote to Frogger:

#CompleteTheRainbow
And yes, thanks for this as well Blue! nicely said!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Or you can feel free to make a new Frogger thread with the same OP in the new character boards. Either way, I can understand that school makes things hard for you to be around that much. Good luck with your future endeavors.

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...-thread-reincarnation-by-kiria-kurono.421570/

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Or you can feel free to make a new Frogger thread with the same OP in the new character boards. Either way, I can understand that school makes things hard for you to be around that much. Good luck with your future endeavors.

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...-thread-reincarnation-by-kiria-kurono.421570/
This, I did not know about, thank you for posting this!
Long-time Frogger supporter. Here's a moveset I made sometime back;

Model is based off the early 2000s GCN games:

Character traits: Has one one of the highest double jumps in the game and can double jump cancel similarly to characters like Yoshi and Ness. He's relatively light and can die to strong attacks at under 100%. His general stance is that of being on all four feet.

A: A slap.
AA: Follow-up slap with the other hand.
AAA: Frogger handstands and does a strong kick forward.

Ftilt: Quick headbutt forward. Brings foe towards Frogger for more combos.
Dtilt: Sweep with a foot forward. Sends up foe straight upwards in the air.
Utilt: Throws a coin in the air. Has high upwards knockback.

FSmash: Charging animation is him preparing to throw something. He throws a coin forward when attack releases, who's distance and knockback depends on how long the smash was charged. Does light damage regardless of charge.
DSmash: Charging animation for a jump. When he jumps, he comes back down with a stomp. It leaves trails of smoke that do minimal damage and knockback, but the stomp itself can easily kill at 50%< if fully charged.
USmash: Handstand with feet smashing together.

Nair: Tongue sticks out a bit and spins. Keeps opponent close to Frogger ala Yoshi's down air.
Fair: Headbutt downwards. Does not spike at sweet spot, instead sends upwards.
Uair: Frogger throws coin upwards similar to up tilt. Sends foe straight upwards.
Bair: Back kick that sends foe in front of Frogger.
Dair: Jolts tongue out forward in midair. The side of the tongue does light, carry damage, the tip is a deadly spike.

Neutral Special: Checkpoint

Two flags burst into glitter around Frogger. Only usable on the ground. After being KO'd, Frogger will respawn where the Checkpoint was last placed. When respawning at checkpoint, it will cause an explosion of glitter that does 30% and gives high-to-KO knockback to any foe that's standing where the explosion is when Frogger respawns. Respawn animation/explosion with Checkpoint is roughly three seconds.

Forward Special: Firefly

If used near foe (within short-range attacking distance, similar to Snake's C4), this special places Firefly that follows them for their stock. Allows for one tongue grab that can be performed from anywhere on the stage once as long as objects are not in the way. Ex: Frogger can can grab one foe with a Firefly on them from across FD once.

Up Special: Tongue Pole

When first used, this special places a short pole that lasts for around one minute. When used again, Frogger's tongue shoots out in an attempt to connect with the pole. Mainly used to be placed at the edge then used again to connect with pole. Frogger's tongue in transit to the pole can be blocked, but if it's within range of the pole and he connects, he carries invincibility frames until he reaches the pole. The pole then vanishes.

Down Special: Platform Collapse

Frogger does a short jump from the ground he's standing on upwards. The area he was standing under previously has a pitfall effect for three seconds. Causes 10% or so on connection with Pitfall.

Final Smash: Car Chaos

Background of stage turns into the classic arcade Frogger. Frogger is carried to the top of the stage while foes are left to dodge an onslaught of cars from around 15 seconds. Cars do heavy damage and knockback, and you can be knocked into other cars and be bounced around.

Grabs: All grabs are done with Frogger's tongue similarly to Yoshi.

Air Dodge/Ground Dodge: Standard, no particularly unique animations.

Taunt 1: Firefly appears, Frogger eats it.
Taunt 2: Frogger jumps high into the air with triumphant "Yeah!"
Taunt 3: Frogger flips coin in hand.
Is it ok if I use this in a new section, called alternate movesets? I think it be cool to compile everyone's( who wants to post a moveset) moveset ideas to create a better and interesting take on how he could play.

Top Bottom