• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

French Interview with Sakurai

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Via Google translate

• Sakurai said he is not opposed to DLC, but the focus is provide the maximum content. Cites Fallout 3 as an example of good DLC
  • Likes the idea of patches, namely balance patches. Wants to research the technical limitations.
  • No longer taking character request. Focusing on implementation.
  • Will not be a story like the SSE. He mentioned the SSE was to have rewards for finishing the mode with each character
  • Can turn off items, but not stage hazards. Cites Playstation All Stars.
  • Will share less information than Brawl. The site will update with pictures but not detailed information
  • May do more cinematic for new characters (wasn't clear on this)
Thanks to CAW Evolution on GameFAQ for finding this.

nessokman

Smash Lord
interesting. Patches like PSA. God knows there will be some technique like the parappa the rapper boombox glitch.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Via Google translate

• Sakurai said he is not opposed to DLC, but the focus is provide the maximum content. Cites Fallout 3 as an example of good DLC
  • Likes the idea of patches, namely balance patches. Wants to research the technical limitations.
  • No longer taking character request. Focusing on implementation.
  • Will not be a story like the SSE. He mentioned the SSE was to have rewards for finishing the mode with each character
  • Can turn off items, but not stage hazards. Cites Playstation All Stars.
  • Will share less information than Brawl. The site will update with pictures but not detailed information
  • May do more cinematic for new characters (wasn't clear on this)
Thanks to CAW Evolution on GameFAQ for finding this.
This could be just because I was relying on Google translate but it sounds to me like detailed information could still happen on the site on ocassion. The translation I got said something to the effect of "not always" but I could forsee "not often" being a valid translation as well. Then again, Google could have gotten it completely wrong. Regardless, I imagine detailed information won't come vai the site, but my point is simply that it seems like he didn't necessarily say that.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Cinematic often means more videos or cutscenes, like with what they did with Mega Man's intro to being revealed. So we are likely to see more for the newcomers, both the ones we have now, and the ones yet to be revealed. I personally wanna see some for each character in a sense.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I love all the information falling out of E3. It really seems like we are in for a real treat.

I think many people will have mixed feelings about characters and features getting less exposure before the games release. On one hand they will love the surprise and on the other it will make the wait even more painful. I'm happy to wait.

No tripping and patches are almost guaranteed? Just give me Dixie Kong and Ridley and the universe will be at piece.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Cinematic often means more videos or cutscenes, like with what they did with Mega Man's intro to being revealed. So we are likely to see more for the newcomers, both the ones we have now, and the ones yet to be revealed. I personally wanna see some for each character in a sense.
Yeah but based on his response about there being a cost associated with these cinematics, it sounds like they aren't currently in a stage of development where anymore are planned. Which means we probably won't see on for a while.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
This could be just because I was relying on Google translate but it sounds to me like detailed information could still happen on the site on ocassion. The translation I got said something to the effect of "not always" but I could forsee "not often" being a valid translation as well. Then again, Google could have gotten it completely wrong. Regardless, I imagine detailed information won't come vai the site, but my point is simply that it seems like he didn't necessarily say that.

Lol why are his translators so horrible? Everything he says is a puzzle on its own. It is confirmed that Sakurai is a cryptic message.

Vince5

Smash Rookie
I speak french so maybe I can clarify; he said that we will have infos on characters and images, but we won't get a lot of details like in the past.

BentoBox

Smash Master

What he says literally is this:
This time around, we won't be sharing as much information [as Brawl]. You'll have information regarding the characters of the game on the official site, with pictures, but you won't always be given detailed info, like in the past.

And the question before that asked whether he was planning on producing more introductory cinematics for the newer characters and Sakurai's response was the following:
As you've seen with WiiFit Trainer, which we have revealed earlier this week, I really like the idea of presenting new characters with cinematics, before the release of the game. But these cinematics have development costs which is why I can't promise anything specific atm.

ForsakenProto

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't be opposed to DLC, as long as its done right, and isnt required for online play. As for subspace emmisary, overall, meh, but that part with them all in airships attacking the subspace and Kirby using Dragoon to ANNIHILATE that subspace cannon, we can all admit that was pretty damn cool, right? I would not be opposed to a story mode full of moments like that, especially with Mega Man thrown in. Though I wonder how they would explain WFT.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
There is a Nintendo Direct tomorrow in Japan that focuses on Pikmin 3.....maybe Olimar tomorrow? =D

ForsakenProto

Smash Cadet
There is a Nintendo Direct tomorrow in Japan that focuses on Pikmin 3.....maybe Olimar tomorrow? =D

Or any of the other new Pikmin reps, olimar preferred though. However, imagine how he would play with the addition of the new pikmin. The winged pikmin could be used for recovery, and yeah thats all i can think of at the moment move wise

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Glad I'm not the only one who thought this. It seems unlikely though since the direct is only airing in Japanese. I would think character announcements will be reserved for broadcasts that occur in multiple languages.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Glad I'm not the only one who thought this. It seems unlikely though since the direct is only airing in Japanese. I would think character announcements will be reserved for broadcasts that occur in multiple languages.

I know ^_^. Just trying to troll a bit. =P

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
They'll probably show a single Pikmin on a stage just to troll the crap out of us... =/

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
Never say never. He does play a smaller role this time around in Pikmin 3, from a company stand point, I could see them using a new rep to promote the series
Sakurai has never done anything like that except for the second Fire Emblem rep.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The news about patches is extremely good because it practically guarantees that we won't wind up with another Metaknight situation again. I'm honestly surprised that there are not a lot of competitive players dancing in the streets about this already.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Give it until the morning. Eventhubs should be all over it by then.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Then you won't get a patch and you are stuck with an old version of Super Smash Bros?

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Glad that Smashchu made this thread instead of Overswarm who would've given it a title like,"Sakurai Supports Stage Hazards and Hates Melee"

Was really hoping to be able to turn off stage hazards,
gonna give the benefit of the doubt and assume that he was implying that the Wii U stages don't even have any stage hazards. XD

Jonn

Smash Apprentice
How is The Patches compatible with shaky to no internet connection users?

I do not how how these systems run :urg: I do not have a Wii U yet
Those users can take it to their friend's house to update it.
It's a portable device.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Balance Patches are good.
Hiding more information from the Dojo is also good (we can avoid flipping our ****).
Personally, no SSE is also good. That mode had pretty ****ty gameplay, all things considered.

smashbrolink

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't be opposed to DLC, as long as its done right, and isnt required for online play. As for subspace emmisary, overall, meh, but that part with them all in airships attacking the subspace and Kirby using Dragoon to ANNIHILATE that subspace cannon, we can all admit that was pretty damn cool, right? I would not be opposed to a story mode full of moments like that, especially with Mega Man thrown in. Though I wonder how they would explain WFT.
Easy: Enemy army invades a town, wrecks a gym she's running in said town, she chases after them to get revenge and meets up with the rest of the cast. Go from there.^_-

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
I can't believe they were originally planing for it to be 3DS only.

I mean wow, if were to have head down that path. I could already see the furious rage in various places over it.

Good thing they didn't.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Isn't it the English->French translation of the kotaku interview ?
I may be wrong, but I could provide a translation if this isn't the case. It's jsut that a Japanese->English->French->English translation would be kinda pushing it. It would not have the meaning Sakurai intended anymore.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Isn't it the English->French translation of the kotaku interview ?
I may be wrong, but I could provide a translation if this isn't the case. It's jsut that a Japanese->English->French->English translation would be kinda pushing it. It would not have the meaning Sakurai intended anymore.
I think it's a new interview than that from Kotaku, because some of the questions are different.

There's a translation on NeoGAF, but I think it's not entirely accurate.

Top Bottom