• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frame data project [in progress]

Timbers

check me out
Well your data makes him out to be a bit slower than previously thought. At least we all used to think his side dodge was as good as his spot dodge...but how does it compare with other character's rolls? Is he still a good evasive player?
A lot of characters have 2-20 frame spotdodges.

I think the best roller is Falco. 80% of his roll is invincible, and his spotdodge is like 24 frames of invincibility or something. I can't remember, 3GOD tested it a while ago.

Lucario's roll is just really fast. 28 frames opposed to 30 something frames.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
timbers, get the in frame rate on the moves.
Then we can use that I said, and start getting somewhere.
-t2

Timbers

check me out
Lingering hitboxes up on utilt, fsmash, usmash, and jab1.

It'd be great to get the exact frame that these come in on, but without AR I can't do that, so bare with me.

Ted I'll start with your idea once I get all of the lingering ones up.

theEffinBear

Smash Apprentice
Wait, wait, that's no way to say that!
You're supposed to say,"Did somebody say SCIENCE!?!
I tried :( but it turns out the "Title" box doesn't allow for all-caps words or formatted text. I should've cut-n-run with prefacing the post with that instead of adding it to the title tag, but it's TOO LATE FOR THAT NOW.

Yeah, being able to do this frame-by-frame would be ideal.

NESSBOUNDER, given the amount of time we've been able to play using/against Lucario, people's intuitions by this point are decently correct for how evasive he is. Frame data will give better concrete evidence and will clear up things like the 3-frame difference in vulnerability between Lucario's spot-dodge and his rolls, but I'd be surprised if this blinding SCIENCE showed larger discrepencies in other moves.

/RtEB
[size=-2]"Don't tell me you fear the experiment?!"[/size]

Top Bottom