• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox's Usmash Cancelled?

Master Peach

Smash Ace
I was just fighting my Brother in Melee. He was using Fox as always. We were at our last lives, and I had some pretty high damage. At least maybe 94. I knew he was about to do the Usmash on me to finish me. I saw it coming but didn't know how to react. Then without thinking as I hit the ground my thumb held down the stick and made me crouch cancel as Fox was hitting me. Normally even if you crouch cancel fox's Usmash and you have high damage this would not work, but in my case the whole force of the attack was taken out. I flew to the air but it was without the extreme force that is given when Fox uses his Usmash.

Now a question. Has this ever happened to anyone before, or has anyone had a similar case, or am I the first to experience such a thing with peach. :confused:

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Happens all the time, it's just normal CC DI. I've CCtech'd fox's upsmash at 140+ on a slight incline on pkstm. And flat out CC'ed and survived on FoD at about the same %.

Crouch cancelling drastically reduces the knockback of any move. Normally, the sideways move sends characters too low for them to recover. Peach can recover sideways from just about anywhere (so I CC a lot of marth's fsmashes at 140s+).

Fox's upsmash sends up, so if you are going to die even with proper DI, it's better to try to CC it.

Even better is half circle DI, where you start out CCing, then rotate the joystick to the proper DI location. This drastically reduces the knockback and sends you in the right direction. I've only done it once accidentally. It's pretty nice.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Ok thx for the info. This the first this has happened to me. Most times when I CC I'm doing it when Fox rush at me or smashes on the sides. Now with this info I can improve my game.

Top Bottom