• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox's Shine: Even More Broken

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
note that without wavedashing and other adv techs shine won't be nearly as useful as it was in melee, and thus they buffed the move knowing it still woudn't reach the hieghts it reached in melee.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
note that without wavedashing and other adv techs shine won't be nearly as useful as it was in melee, and thus they buffed the move knowing it still woudn't reach the hieghts it reached in melee.
Good point, but now you can just spam it on the ledge after a throw and you're good to go.

S2

Smash Lord
The real problem with the shine wasn't spiking, but the combos Fox could do with it.

Thus, without the wavedash its not really too overpowered anymore. Its right where it should be.

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
I don't see what was broken about it; slowing your falling? That's hardly broken, and while it might lead to some cool tricks, that's still a purely defensive technique. What made shine good was its offensive uses, and it just isn't as good offensively now.

Proven

Smash Apprentice
Are you guys even trying to look closely? It looks bigger, but it doesn't shine another player still unless they're next to him. From about 4:40 to 4:48, he tries repeatedly to shine Falcon but nothing happens until Falcon gets right next to him. In the end, the extra flashes are probably only there to reflect projectiles, but they don't seem to affect other characters at all.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I got the feeling Falco's MIGHT end up broken once people figure out how to use that thing properly...

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Sheik's needle can still insta kill 3rd jump recoveries from what I have been told.

Not a broken move, but I am happy for this.

Nothing quite says "denied" more than a needle to the face. XD

Shine should be fine.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
the shine is still usefull, u shine gr opponent away u run at them u eithr grab,attack, or shine again,thats preety much fox's game

limitbreak

Smash Ace
Gotta love the shine! But yea the problem with not buffing it down a little bit is that people are going to find new uses for it.

Zodiac

Smash Master
He can still shine spike, I've seen himshine spike marth in another match.

UltimatX

Smash Cadet
There is wavedashing. Or at least wavelanding. In a vid I saw Mario wavelanded past Dedede. I'm sure most, or all of the other advanced techniques are still there.

Sonovin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonovin
3DS FC
2466-3203-5587
Well...at least you can use the shine for mind games.
Since fox's shine makes him fall slowly and you can spam it, you can use it to your advantage for recovery and last stock suicide and still win, just because you fall slower.

saratos

Smash Apprentice
Looks as if the knockback and stun have been gimped and there is weird air-stallling now.

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Its still useful the shine but the lack of wavedash is really going to affect space animals

mwhp13

Smash Rookie
Stop talking about broken stuff when you haven't even played the game yet.
It's true, no one can really tell what is and isn't broken when we haven't played the game yet.

Once it is out in the US, then we can talk about what is broken.

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
He has the right to say his opinion. From the vids you can say techniques are very powerful. I haven't played the game, but from many videos I can say plenty of things about the game.

I think fox is still very fast and capable. Fox and Falco were characters who could use many "bugs" of the game at their advantage.. Possibly, many of those things were fixed. Overall the game seems more balanced (for now).

Top Bottom